997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Revo ecu tunes for 997 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
LStice has a spectacular aura aboutLStice has a spectacular aura aboutLStice has a spectacular aura about
Revo ecu tunes for 997 TT

Anybody have any experience with the Revo ECU tuner kits for the 997TT? I am in a 09 997TT and considering having the ECU tuned in the near future...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
So many good tunes out there, not heard that much about revo, choose carefully. But remember, the 40 or so hp you get will toast your warranty (except ruf), so just be forwarned. I only did mine bc I'm closer to the end of my warranty, would never have done it on my car brand new.
I think Ruf is prolly your best shot, preserve your warranty and service it at any porsche dealer.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Softronic is about to release actual ECU Flashing so you dont have to send your ECU in. This will also allow you to revert back to stock.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
So many good tunes out there, not heard that much about revo, choose carefully. But remember, the 40 or so hp you get will toast your warranty (except ruf), so just be forwarned. I only did mine bc I'm closer to the end of my warranty, would never have done it on my car brand new.
I think Ruf is prolly your best shot, preserve your warranty and service it at any porsche dealer.
My understanding is a RUF flash may still void your warranty, but damage claims made at a dealer service department will be negotiated through RAC for 1 year after installation. And after that first year, you're on your own.

Rare to have problems from ECU and exhaust/turbo upgrades, but any problem unrelated may be blamed on the upgrades.

Completely agree with Chirs...if you are worried about warranty, break in your car, leave it as is for a year or two, then mod when your warranty is on the tail end.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
Also note with more horsepower you may need a new clutch.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neeeenja
Also note with more horsepower you may need a new clutch.
You are spot one. I learned that the hard way.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 AM
GMGFAN is infamous around these partsGMGFAN is infamous around these parts
Revo actually makes a great tune for that porsche. The other thing is that you do not have to send in your ECU just go to your local tuner shop. They also have a switch that allows you to change the settings on the flash immediatley and can be hidden from the dealer with the flip of the switch. I say it wont affect your warranty as long as Porsche does not have to send your ECU out for any reason local dealers cannot find the flash through their VAG equipment. try revotechnik.com
Also priced well at under $900.00

Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
GMGFAN - Good first post promoting a website and product

Last edited by vividracing; 02-13-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned
forumschmorum is infamous around these partsforumschmorum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
GMGFAN - Good first post promoting a website and product

SO VIVID, tell me this....

Why do you post about your product in a topic that is strictly related to REVO tuning?

Why do you jump on a guy for posting a product that is a full paying sponsor of this site just like you are?

Sooo maybe he was just giving some useful info to someone that specifically asked for it. AND you're the one intruding on the post and trying to push product. So cool your jets bro

btw, GMG doesn't sell REVO products...and his tag is GMGfan

Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor
uh oh another first poster

Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Banned for being an instigator and a jerk, at least that is all I will call him in open forum, BTW your other user name has also been banned ...want to go for three?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard positive and negative things about Revo. As a VW owner, enthusiast, and one who works in the industry, I get this question a lot. In my experience, those who have Revo bought it because

-they like how it allows you to adjust the settings to your needs
-more agressible on turbo charged cars
-the customer is putting together a one off turbo kit or upgraded turbo kit and needs a custom tune for it

Some of the downsides to revo that I hear from most people that don't buy is because that it requires purchase of a hand held plug in module to change the programs.

If you have access to trial software I would get the trial software from everyone you can.

Most of the software companies offer a trial that lasts a few hours. Try as many as you can, take notes on how you feel about it, and also do some home work. Some companies run the same amount of power but with different boost levels.