997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche 997.2 Turbo LED Tail Light Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Porsche 997.2 Turbo LED Tail Light Conversion

I have had the new Porsche 997.2 LED tail lights for the last 3 months going back and forth if I should perform the mod. I was planning on waiting for Tech Art to produce a new GT Street Rear Bumper for the new turbo, but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon since the new 997.2 turbo is not scheduled to debut until next year.

One of my good buddies happens to be an Electrical Engineer and figured out the wiring diagram, so my car is back under the knife for the LED tail light conversion. I am dropping the car off at the body shop on Monday. The Tech Art GT Street rear bumper will have to be modified to accept the new tail lights. I figure I have about 7 months of a head start before we start seeing 997 turbos with the new tails.

Pictures of the LED in my office in front of the new HIN Hottest Performance trophy from last Saturday.

Porsche 997.2 led taillights now available on non turbos

Studio 3/4 Rear shot of my car, just imagine how good the new tail lights will look in place of the older non led ones.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 03-19-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
May I ask what your engineer friend had to do for hookup? I thought there was a wiring harness interface and a control box to control the LEDs.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
I am converting mine from a 996 Turbo, not from a 997 turbo. Also when I ordered my lights from suncoast they did have a harness adapter so we had to figure it out ourselves.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 03-19-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Green Turbo
I am converting mine from a 996 Turbo, not from a 997 turbo. Also when I ordered my lights from suncoast they did not come with an harness adapter so we had to figure it out ourselves.
Gotcha...Everytime I see your car, I keep forgetting that it is actually a 996 not a 997...

Looking forward to your write up.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Gotcha...Everytime I see your car, I keep forgetting that it is actually a 996 not a 997...

Looking forward to your write up.

I guess that whats the point in the whole build. Glad I got you tricked for a few seconds. HA HA HA

Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have a question . What if Porsche does the same LED setup on the Turbo as they have on the C4S with the red strip ? On the 993 Turbo it matched the C4S with the red strip in the 1990's .

Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have a question . What if Porsche does the same LED setup on the Turbo as they have on the C4S with the red strip ? On the 993 Turbo it matched the C4S with the red strip in the 1990's .
I am going to say 99.99999% they are not going to do the strip on the turbo.

I actually not a fan of the strip on the decklid. It looks cleaner without it.

On the 996 body, only the c4s had the strip, but the turbo did not.

Here is my crude photoshop attempt of visualizing the finished product.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 03-19-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Green -that car looks awesome . The whole deal .

Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
awesome awesome awesome!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Keep it coming Vince!!

Old 03-21-2009, 06:05 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Green what about the front are you going to do any thing in front ?
and how much did u get those tail lights ?

Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Porsh997TT is on a distinguished road
love what you've done to ur 996

found some pics of a 997tt with the facelift LED tail lights

Attached Images    
Old 03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
i love your car!!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Those tail lights look really great.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Just dropped off my car at the body shop today. Should have the car back next week. Going to install my new hood at the same time.
We mounted the rear tail lights on and there is not that much area that has to be filled in.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 03-23-2009 at 08:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 997.2 Turbo LED Tail Light Conversion