997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVO hydraulic accumulator removal kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks Larry for the helpful reply.

Hmmm... I am wondering if the faster spooling-up of a LWFW, together with the increased power from the ECU tune -- meaning even more faster spooling, subsequently cause a difficulty in engagement point. This seems to make sense in theory.
Anyone else with a LWFW would like chime in?

Your car is really at the cutting edge. Congrats.
Can,

That is what I feel is happening. With the added power and quicker throttle response from the LWFW, the factory power assisted unit makes proper engagement a little challenging.

The stock clutch has a numb feel as it is. When I upgraded to the Sachs setup, the engagement point became higher up in the overall pedal travel. The overall pedal feel (pressure) is not much different from stock. I just want a more defined engagement feel from the pedal so that modulation becomes easier.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
I understand the issue now.
Is it easy to change the LWFW to the regular one and see that would help? Or are you going to try the accumulator kit?

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Can,

That is what I feel is happening. With the added power and quicker throttle response from the LWFW, the factory power assisted unit makes proper engagement a little challenging.

The stock clutch has a numb feel as it is. When I upgraded to the Sachs setup, the engagement point became higher up in the overall pedal travel. The overall pedal feel (pressure) is not much different from stock. I just want a more defined engagement feel from the pedal so that modulation becomes easier.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
I understand the issue now.
Is it easy to change the LWFW to the regular one and see that would help? Or are you going to try the accumulator kit?
Swapping out the flywheel requires quite a few labor hours. I never liked the stock pedal feel to begin with. I am just going to try the accumulator kit.