997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVO hydraulic accumulator removal kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
trompazo is on a distinguished road
EVO hydraulic accumulator removal kit

Does anyone know if the EVO GT2 style accumulator removal kit works on the 997TT? THe kit is for a 996TT. I understand that clutchs are interchangeable, but what about this hydraulic accumulator?

It seems likes it removes alot of weight and makes the clutch feel a lot better.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
absolutely... it does work on the 997TT and gives you more "feel" in terms of the engagement, which is what you want when dealing with a more difficult race-style clutch set up. Let me know if you want a kit:

Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Alex,

What is the cost of that and how many hours of labor are we looking at?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Alex,

What is the cost of that and how many hours of labor are we looking at?
I've got the components listed here:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=162
It's not a super-hard job and can be done in one of two ways. If it's done with the transmission in then plan on about 4-5 hours to do the slave, master, bleed etc... If you already have a clutch job in process it's a lot quicker obviously.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I've got the components listed here:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=162
It's not a super-hard job and can be done in one of two ways. If it's done with the transmission in then plan on about 4-5 hours to do the slave, master, bleed etc... If you already have a clutch job in process it's a lot quicker obviously.
Thanks.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks.
No worries... Which clutch set up do you have? My advice is to go and try the feel of a GT3/2 997 and see how you like he pedal feel etc... Make sure it's what you want first

Old 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
No worries... Which clutch set up do you have? My advice is to go and try the feel of a GT3/2 997 and see how you like he pedal feel etc... Make sure it's what you want first
I have the Sach's stage 2 with the LWFW. I love the fact that the clutch holds the power and really like how the LWFW increases throttle response, but I ma not too thrilled about the pedal feel.

I have tried the GT3 and that is exactly what I am looking for as far as pedal feel goes.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:36 PM
I have the Sach's stage 2 with the LWFW. I love the fact that the clutch holds the power and really like how the LWFW increases throttle response, but I ma not too thrilled about the pedal feel.

I have tried the GT3 and that is exactly what I am looking for as far as pedal feel goes.
OK I know that set up really well... If you like the GT3 then that's exactly what it'll feel like and you can modulate that pedal/engagement so much better with this

Old 04-25-2009, 06:18 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Mike,

What is it about the pedal of the Sachs clutch that you don't like? I have received feedback from others that the Sachs stage 2 feels very much like stock in engagement point, effort, etc. Is your experience different? Does the LWFW have something to do with it?

TIA

Old 04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Love mine!

Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have it . I did it on mine . It's incredible .

The clutch feel allows for a much better sense of the point of engagement . It is particularly useful with a stage 3 clutch but even with the stock car I never liked the power assist clutch .

It's not as simple to install on the 997tt as it was on the 996tt from what i was told . More than the time involved was the task itself is somewhat mundane but the result is incredible .

Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Larry,

People with the stage 2 Sachs seem to indicate that engagement point and pedal feel, etc. are very similar to stock.

You have a stage 3 Sachs right? Does it feel worse than stock and therefore needs modification? TIA.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have it . I did it on mine . It's incredible .

The clutch feel allows for a much better sense of the point of engagement . It is particularly useful with a stage 3 clutch but even with the stock car I never liked the power assist clutch .

It's not as simple to install on the 997tt as it was on the 996tt from what i was told . More than the time involved was the task itself is somewhat mundane but the result is incredible .

Old 04-26-2009, 09:15 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I don't really know what "stage" Sachs clutch that Ruf uses, but the pedal feel is only alittle stiffer than stock with an engagement point similar to a 996 GT3 ( I have only driven a 6 not a 7 GT3).

Old 04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Larry,

People with the stage 2 Sachs seem to indicate that engagement point and pedal feel, etc. are very similar to stock.

You have a stage 3 Sachs right? Does it feel worse than stock and therefore needs modification? TIA.

I don't want to misquote the exact part so here is how it reads on theire website . http://www.evoms.com/evo/Pages/EVT700INFO.asp

When my car was stock I felt the engagement point was never as precise as my former 997S . The power assist feature masked the sweet spot in such a way that I almost did not buy the car. When I upgraded to the stage three things became worse . Engagement was very tricky.

Lintc even posted that he had trouble at first driving the car on the street . I reasurred him that it only takes a few days to adjust .

The gt2 conversion makes all te difference in the world. Now I have the power matched to astrong clutch and can feel the engagement with ease

It's a huge improvement even over the stock system . The extra pressure is not bad at all and unless one has to sit in hours of gridlock traffic daily I would recommend it for most driving needs.

Anything which enhances driver interration with his car in an improved manner is what i am after with my mods , along with faster and better handling.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks Larry for the helpful reply.

Hmmm... I am wondering if the faster spooling-up of a LWFW, together with the increased power from the ECU tune -- meaning even more faster spooling, subsequently cause a difficulty in engagement point. This seems to make sense in theory.
Anyone else with a LWFW would like chime in?

Your car is really at the cutting edge. Congrats.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't want to misquote the exact part so here is how it reads on theire website . http://www.evoms.com/evo/Pages/EVT700INFO.asp

When my car was stock I felt the engagement point was never as precise as my former 997S . The power assist feature masked the sweet spot in such a way that I almost did not buy the car. When I upgraded to the stage three things became worse . Engagement was very tricky.

Lintc even posted that he had trouble at first driving the car on the street . I reasurred him that it only takes a few days to adjust .

The gt2 conversion makes all te difference in the world. Now I have the power matched to astrong clutch and can feel the engagement with ease

It's a huge improvement even over the stock system . The extra pressure is not bad at all and unless one has to sit in hours of gridlock traffic daily I would recommend it for most driving needs.

Anything which enhances driver interration with his car in an improved manner is what i am after with my mods , along with faster and better handling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO hydraulic accumulator removal kit