997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Battery Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned
peter_08911TT is infamous around these partspeter_08911TT is infamous around these parts
Battery Warranty Question

I have a battery warranty question hoping someone can help me. My car haven't been driving for 2 whole day and when I try to start it the battery was dead. I got it jump start and idle for 10min, once I turn off the car it won't start.

I have a Porsche battery maintainer on if I don't drive it for more than 2 day. I don't know why the battery still dead with it on. So I called the dealer and they told me it was underwarranty if it under 2 yr. My warranty date is Janauray of 2008 so it cover under warranty he said. I got the car jump started and drove to the dealer. They had the car for the whole day and now they tell me it not under warranty because I have to put 6K mile per year inorder for them to warranty it. This doesn't make any since to me at all.

If they told me from the beginning I would just buy a new Porsche battery and put it in myself. Why would I waste my time paying them to do it. And I'm without my 911 for a whole day while driving a Madza 3 loaner back home.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
haha. That sucks, although, the minimum mileage thing is true. If there's a dead cell, the warranty's gone. I recommend a non oem battery. I spent half as much and have abused it some much more (running the radio, dead starts, etc). Porsche batteries are notoriously horrible.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 PM
FSU-997TT is on a distinguished road
And....when you park your car for an extended period of time...make sure to lock it....otherwise it won't enter the "shutdown" mode that turns off most of the electrical systems. I can go more than 10 days if it's locked....but only 3 or 4 unlocked.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
NOSBT2T is infamous around these parts
i have also herd that if your key fob is within 15-25ft of yor car, the car and the fob "talk" to each other constantly which weighs heavily on your bat. also your 9 should automaticly enter "sleep mode" if not driven for 7 days....my 08twin sits for at least 7-10 days at a time without being driven, but i do start it up and let it run at least twice a week, thats seems to save me....i hope

Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
what a bummer, even w/ a battery tender this happened...i agree, get an aftermarket battery

Old 09-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Banned
peter_08911TT is infamous around these partspeter_08911TT is infamous around these parts
well, after talking to the service manager I bought in the Porsche battery maintainer like he said and the tech check it out, maintainer is working good so he will warranty the battery. He told me even starting it up and idle till warm or even drive around the block will not charge the battery fully. Oh well, at least I don't have to paid $400 for a new battery and labor to check it out

Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
I never lock my car in the garage and have never had a problem even sitting for one week. If it gets to be 5 or 6 days with no driving generally I hook up my trickle charger. I have had my ride for almost 2 years and zero battery issues.