997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Advice on purchasing 2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Advice on purchasing 2007

I am thinking about purchasing 2007 997TT in a couple months. I noticed that prices are higher than from last winter (I saw a few low 80s but now it's high 80s+)

I am interested in tiptronic and with the advent of 2010 pdk, I am curious if I should wait until this spring or summer for even lower prices with people trading in tiptronic for pdk?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
if you come across the one you want, right color, right options, buy it. I dont think your going to see a price decrease worth waiting for unless your willing to be flexible on color / options etc.

Values could go either way, some may find value in the proven engine in the previous model and that could keep demand in check - at leat with 6 speed cars, probably less of an issue with Tip cars.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
I just purchased an 07 turbo about three weeks ago and couldnt be happier! There are a few good deals out there but the ones under 90k has high mileage on them. The ones with low miles will be 90k and up. I have been searching since the spring of last year. The price of the turbo doesnt really change much once its in the 80-90k's. Good Luck

Old 01-07-2010, 12:15 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mickym0u53
I just purchased an 07 turbo about three weeks ago and couldnt be happier! There are a few good deals out there but the ones under 90k has high mileage on them. The ones with low miles will be 90k and up. I have been searching since the spring of last year. The price of the turbo doesnt really change much once its in the 80-90k's. Good Luck
I took a 07 home last night, 15k miles, $91k (6 speed, ceramic, chrono, ltd diff, lots more). Based on my research, was a fair price, low for the options I wanted.

I drove a pdk 2S and didn't like the auto in this type of car even though I'm using it as a DD. The dealership (NVa) has a new 09 cab turbo tip in red that is something like $135k if that's what you're looking for.

The salesman said once people understand the allocations are low for '10 pdks, the earlier 997's will hold steady or go up a little in value. Donno if that's true, but that was what he was saying.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
There is no telling what is going to happen with the values of TT's. My guess is that they will hold steady where they are now. Look for the right example and be patient, when you find "the one" then pull the trigger. You will regret saving a few grand but not getting the options, colors, ad ons, low miles etc... you are seeking. Make sure you get a PPI and get the DME checked, this is important on these cars. Good Luck with your search, the 997 TT is a great car. What is your budget for a TT?

Last edited by ZZinger; 01-07-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
NJR911 is on a distinguished road
I agree with all of the above. Find the one you want and buy it, you will be happy. If you are looking for something specific, there may not be as many out there as you think.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 PM
GEO 450 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xseal
I took a 07 home last night, 15k miles, $91k (6 speed, ceramic, chrono, ltd diff, lots more). Based on my research, was a fair price, low for the options I wanted.

I drove a pdk 2S and didn't like the auto in this type of car even though I'm using it as a DD. The dealership (NVa) has a new 09 cab turbo tip in red that is something like $135k if that's what you're looking for.

The salesman said once people understand the allocations are low for '10 pdks, the earlier 997's will hold steady or go up a little in value. Donno if that's true, but that was what he was saying.
Good 07's to be found, I purchased one with 6000 miles on the clock for $93,000 a month or so ago, which included a CPO warranty

Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 AM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Bought my '07 Turbo last July for $93K and it had only 1800 miles on it with lots of options, orig sticker $141K! If you are patient and look hard enough, you can find a great car. Good luck

Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
get a CPO car, it removes much of the worry about buying a used turbo

plenty out there to see

Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I think the '07-'09 TT values have a couple of things in their favor, last of the GT1 engines and the scarcity of '10 TTs. So I don't see their values falling as much as the 996, but you never know...

Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
I agree with TT Gasman. A 2010 TT well optioned car is up over $150,000+ mark. Why buy new when you can get a slightly used 07-08 for $50,000 to $60,000 less. The GT1 block is more modifiable (if thats your thing) as is it is for most on 6speed. Unless you have to have PDK, which for me I would rather have a 6 speed, the cars are not too much different to justify the price of admission. It has seemed that supply of 07 and 08 TT's has dropped a little from 6 months ago for good colors, options and low miles. There are more higher mileage cars out there now, I guess owners are driving them. Like I said before be patient, you will find her.....

Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you so much to all for the great advice!

Unfortunately my budget is tight and I am hoping to stay under $90k. A few of my wishlists at this price are:

1. Silver + painted rocker option
2. Tip + chrono
3. CPO - what does this warraty cover and for how many years/miles?

Thanks again!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:14 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sbkim
Thank you so much to all for the great advice!

Unfortunately my budget is tight and I am hoping to stay under $90k. A few of my wishlists at this price are:

1. Silver + painted rocker option
2. Tip + chrono
3. CPO - what does this warraty cover and for how many years/miles?

Thanks again!

Last week I sold my 08 S and bought my 07TT, couldnt be happier, the truth is that even the 07's are limited, its tough to find even when comparing cars.com, autotrader, and ebay. The truth is if you want a CPO car then I would advise you to only look on the Porscheusa.com website and click on used cars (not certified) that will give you all the listings of available cars around the states. It also tells which are CPO'd and as I have found, for an extra 2k most dealers will add a CPO.

CPO covers pretty much everything aside from wear items bumper to bumper for up to 100,000 miles or till the CPO is up, usually on an 07 thats till around 2012.

Again, if you are serious about doing some research and dont mind reaching out of your comfort zone (i flew to NC from NY) then I think you should be able to find what you are looking for. FYI, a NJ dealer has a CPO'd Arctic silver but it is manual. I was able to get them to 86k before I found a more suitable car for me. Good luck with the search as I know it is really frustrating. One last piece of advice, if you see the car you want, dont wait...these dealers are getting so many calls because of small availability. I almost closed a deal on a well optioned one in PA when I called the next morning the dealer told me it was sold, needless to say then next day I got my dream car

Old 01-09-2010, 06:18 PM
RUFLUV is on a distinguished road
Your car is at Inskip Porsche, Warwick RI...2007 TT, Silver, Tip, sport chrono..13,815 miles and CPO...asking $89,877....(I think you could get them to paint thr rockers.).....better hurry....

Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Yep, thats your car, go get her....We want pics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice on purchasing 2007