997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Arrow EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!!

01-25-2010 - Delivery day of the Evolution MotorSports 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT.

So I flew up to Sharkwerks yesterday to pick up the new turbo from the great guys at Carlsen Porsche. Gary Quibelan, sales manager over there got me hooked up with one of the first 3 cars delivered to their dealership. It is a black on black PDK car with some good optional equipment. Here are some pictures from the dealership.

Delivery to Sharkwerks:

With only 17 miles on it, we were already dissecting the new beast to see what new changes Porsche has in store for us. The first item we are looking at is the software. Since the new 3.8L engine is now direct injection, Porsche is now using the Siemens ECU technology from the 997.2 DFI and the 957 Cayenne DFI.

Last night, James was nice enough to remove the Bose subwoofer to remove the ECU for me so I could take a peak at the software. We read out the ECU with our EVOMSit proprietary SDI4 tools. After downloading and looking at the software, I have a pretty good idea as to what it will take to make some good power gains on this new platform. We have so much experience tuning this Siemens ECU with the various cars that we have built including the Sharkwerks 997.2 and our 720 HP big turbo, Cayenne TT DFI GT700.

ECU Removal:

I will be driving the car back to AZ tomorrow and I will be posting more details about my drive and impressions of the car after some seat time. Stay tuned!!!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 01-26-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 PM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
you cannot imagine how much I am looking forward to this!! Fantastic news! Let us know how much it'll put down etc. All the best. Love your work (wish we had someone like you over the pond)

Regards,
Yannick

Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
So nice! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the beast.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
That is a perfect 997TT. Just curious, how come EVOMS has to pull the ECU to work on it instead of using the OBDII port?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, beautiful car. Looking forward to the progress.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Sweet Car!! Look forward to the updates.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
That is a perfect 997TT. Just curious, how come EVOMS has to pull the ECU to work on it instead of using the OBDII port?
Thank you. It is a great car! Regarding the ECU, we choose to communicate the ECU out of the car for a few reasons. First, this is the most secure and safest way to communicate with this TriCore CPU. Another important reason is when the ECU is flashed outside of the car, the on board flash counter is not updated which makes the software less detectable. Additionally, with our process, every modified ECU performance file that we make is based off of exact file that is read out of the ECU. We do not use a generic file that is uploaded into all vehicles. These important factors help us to ensure a safe and reliable data transfer as well as utilizing OEM like flashing protocol which virtually leaves no adverse traces of our flash.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here are a few more photos from last night during the read out of the ECU.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Thank you. It is a great car! Regarding the ECU, we choose to communicate the ECU out of the car for a few reasons. First, this is the most secure and safest way to communicate with this TriCore CPU. Another important reason is when the ECU is flashed outside of the car, the on board flash counter is not updated which makes the software less detectable. Additionally, with our process, every modified ECU performance file that we make is based off of exact file that is read out of the ECU. We do not use a generic file that is uploaded into all vehicles. These important factors help us to ensure a safe and reliable data transfer as well as utilizing OEM like flashing protocol which virtually leaves no adverse traces of our flash.
Thanks for the quick reply. Look forward to seeing the results.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:07 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I'm loving everything about the new TT, except the wheels.
Can't wait to see what kind of hp/tq you guys get out of the new DFI motors

Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done... it's going to be so neat to see where this project goes. No two ways about it but this thing is quick out of the box. Lag is minimal. The suspension is improved vs the 997.1 stock. Me likey thus far!

Likes Vs Stock Gen 1
1) The PDK sport wheel and paddles. Much better than the regular wheel
2) Suspension. Much more settled and consistent
3) Crazy weird turbo/shrill sound. Needs an exhaust but kinda fun
4) Runs strong on crappy 91 with cool air out here anyways.
5) Initial 0-60 burst. With the gearing/PDK and TT set up it's less laggy than a 997.1TT
6) New PCM. Awesome.

Dislikes
1) Higher compression but lower boost. boo!
2) Silly bulbous side mirrors. Looks like someone was boxing them and gave 'em a bruise.
3) Ride height

So much to do... and you've already identified a few areas eh

PS I can't believe you were on your laptop looking at the stock file till 3am last night. Get some sleep eh!

Last edited by sharkster; 01-26-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I actually like the .2 wheels.

Originally Posted by nyamg
I'm loving everything about the new TT, except the wheels.
Can't wait to see what kind of hp/tq you guys get out of the new DFI motors

Old 01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I would have to add the sound of the direct injection to the con list. It is an inherent sound on any car with DI.

Originally Posted by sharkster
Well done... it's going to be so neat to see where this project goes. No two ways about it but this thing is quick out of the box. Lag is minimal. The suspension is improved vs the 997.1 stock. Me likey thus far!

Likes Vs Stock Gen 1
1) The PDK sport wheel and paddles. Much better than the regular wheel
2) Suspension. Much more settled and consistent
3) Crazy weird turbo/shrill sound. Needs an exhaust but kinda fun
4) Runs strong on crappy 91 with cool air out here anyways.
5) Initial 0-60 burst. With the gearing/PDK and TT set up it's less laggy than a 997.1TT
6) New PCM. Awesome.

Dislikes
1) Higher compression but lower boost. boo!
2) Silly bulbous side mirrors. Looks like someone was boxing them and gave 'em a bruise.
3) Ride height

So much to do... and you've already identified a few areas eh

PS I can't believe you were on your laptop looking at the stock file till 3am last night. Get some sleep eh!

Old 01-26-2010, 06:48 PM
6speedRob is on a distinguished road
What sound does direct injection make?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
real similar to ticking valves

Originally Posted by 6speedRob
What sound does direct injection make?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!!