997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone ever get a really bad speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Nova87 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turbonator
What happened to the other driver?

They got him too. Cop pulled in behind him got his info then came and got me. He thought we were racing ( we were not) - had no idea who he was and the only time i met him was in court last week.

He came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder and said, "were you the other driver?" So i turned to my attorney and said, "who the hell is that?"

the other driver is from out of state.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Siglo Man will become famous soon enoughSiglo Man will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Nova87
They got him too. Cop pulled in behind him got his info then came and got me. He thought we were racing ( we were not) - had no idea who he was and the only time i met him was in court last week.

He came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder and said, "were you the other driver?" So i turned to my attorney and said, "who the hell is that?"

the other driver is from out of state.
Ouch.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
That's a tough break, but I have to ask: if you both were doing over 150mph side by side, isn't that usually called racing?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Nova87 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
That's a tough break, but I have to ask: if you both were doing over 150mph side by side, isn't that usually called racing?
haha - well actually he was behind me. I was already cruising along at a good clip and when i looked in my rear view he had fallen in behind me.

the judge sarcastically asked if it was merely coincidence

Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
haha - well actually he was behind me. I was already cruising along at a good clip and when i looked in my rear view he had fallen in behind me.
Gotcha. The race was OVER.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by supercup
In California - 100 mph+ they can take you to jail, impound your car, give you reckless driving - or all of above - minimum fine is $1,500. So if you find yourself in that situation be cool with the patrolman/officer etc. and hope for 90+ in a 65 mph zone - or something like that. Will be far less painful.

Good luck with your current issues.

JCM
yep happend to me just like that. cuffed me asked me how fast i was going. i said 90 . he laughed. said ok . i can arrest you but ill give you a 95 plus Infraction. unsafe lane change infraction. case coming up in a few month... hope they are nice. since i havent had one in 3 years .

Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
You guys are making me want to sell this car. I have impulse issues already.
-Getz

Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Coreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Protein
I'm having difficulty understanding this post. So you're advocating cops NOT punish this type of driving? Are you really that stupid? Let's all drive 100 in 35 zones. We should have a right to, right? Heck, no one got hurt this time. No harm no foul, right? Cops just being a ***** for ticketing him for almost tripling the speed limit, right?
Municipalities are currently increasing (minor) traffic ticket offenses through the roof to off set budget deficits, albeit reckless driving violations have always been high for good reason. Maybe we could take a lesson from the German autobahn system "In any case, it is important to note that an advisory speed limit of up to 130 km/h always applies. In case of an accident while driving faster, a court can decide on shared liability due to the increased operational risk." Somehow they still post lower fatalities and overall crashes than the US.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
bad ticket

was back in '99(on highway 5) and was heading from northern cali to vegas. Got pegged by air police and they radioed a patrol car that was quite a few exits ahead. Ticket was 150+ and was expensive as hell. Got a couple points and a hefty fine. I had to get a lawyer and also drive back down to the court where I got the ticket. The cop was decent enough and let me go after giving me the ticket.

Needless to say I don't drive that fast anymore and that was my last ticket. Ticket free since then!

Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
too many to list ....lets just say i was in the pen a few times ....if only we had an autobahn in the U.S........

Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 PM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
lol k_ddsl, akbar maskhara

Old 05-27-2010, 10:26 PM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Siglo Man
I asked why he pulled me over and not the vettes and he said "because you won".
LOL! What a ******

Old 05-02-2016, 10:07 PM
mikechoch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by getz
You guys are making me want to sell this car. I have impulse issues already.
-Getz
Tonight I was going 125 in a 65 and slowed down a bit as I was worried because it was dark out and couldn't see cops. I got pulled over around 115 and slowed to 80 before noticing and then pulled over.

I had two of my close friends with me and luckily one of them had there uncle's state trooper FOP card along with my 25+ local cop FOP which is gold. Then my other friend had his dad's probation officer card.

I got it reduced to 80 in a 65 for $180 and 4 points but I'm going to court and pleading guilty with help of my friend's uncle. Supposedly he can get it reduced.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:17 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fabworx
105 in 45 mph residential with a reckless ticket, officer thought i was drinking due to the e85 exhaust smell in gtr
Were you in a Carrera GT? Oh wait, both of them were killed for such a stunt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get a really bad speeding ticket?