997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Question for Multiple Car Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Question for Multiple Car Owners

I know there are many members here with at least 4+ cars in their stables. My question is do you carry full coverage car insurances on all the cars? Even on garage queens? I'm thinking of picking up a DD but I already own 4 cars and my heart aches thinking of paying more for car insurance. thanks

Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I could have opted for mileage boundaries and would have saved some money but I didn't want to feel confined by the agreement . I want to feel like I can drive my car as much as I want .. even if I don't. I realize that the decision is not financially sound .. but if I was trying to be rational with cars I would have bought a much cheaper car and only have 1.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:02 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I agree with what Larry said.
At the risk of sounding like an insurance salesman, you will only really realize the full value of that coverage if you need it.
You have to ask yourself in the end, how much is peace of mind worth to you?

Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
I agree with what Larry said.
At the risk of sounding like an insurance salesman, you will only really realize the full value of that coverage if you need it.
You have to ask yourself in the end, how much is peace of mind worth to you?
+1 You get what you pay for. If you have 4 plus cars, peice of mind will probably be more important then the money saved.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
I have several cars and carry full coverage on all. A couple are 70's muscle cars, so insurance through Hagarty is dirt cheap, and since I live in the midwest, I only carry comprehensive on them in the winter, when they're not driven. In the grand scheme of things, the peace of mind is worth it to me.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
The most important thing for me is a high limit liability policy with an umbrella backing up everything. Property damage coverage varies for me depending on the value of the vehicle.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dksu
I know there are many members here with at least 4+ cars in their stables. My question is do you carry full coverage car insurances on all the cars? Even on garage queens? I'm thinking of picking up a DD but I already own 4 cars and my heart aches thinking of paying more for car insurance. thanks
Garage queen? What's that? lol.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996wings
+1 You get what you pay for. If you have 4 plus cars, peice of mind will probably be more important then the money saved.
+1. I bought the same amount for all my cars for peace of mind.

Last edited by JmanE55; 05-19-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Full coverage on all 5 vehicles because they're all collectible, to varying degrees To echo some sentiments expressed above, the peace of mind is well worth it.

After the first few cars, the incremental cost of insuring subsequent vehicles is relatively nominal.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Full coverage on all 5 vehicles because they're all collectible, to varying degrees To echo some sentiments expressed above, the peace of mind is well worth it.

After the first few cars, the incremental cost of insuring subsequent vehicles is relatively nominal.
+1. It becomes relatively inexpensive to insure additional cars at the same rate for all. Insurance companies know you can only drive one at a time and will factor that in the total cost to insure them all.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the inputs. I guess peace of mind is the way to go whether it be garage queen or road warrior.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Full coverage on all, although I have my Turbo rated at 5500 miles a year instead of the normal 10-15,000 miles a year. The Turbo is my third car, driven on weekends only. Put my wear and tear on my SUV as a daily driver, 50 miles a day.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
+1 on the mileage. My cars carry full coverage and yearly mileage is factor in to compensate multiple cars. I also have higher deductibles and less driven cars.