997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Ok let's try this again and try to keep it professional as possible.

This thread's primary objective is to provide information for potential 997T ECU Upgrade customers. This thread will contain statistics such as quarter mile times, vbox data, dyno data and etc as well as how to use the software such as changing programs utilizing the many different features APR offers. Feel free to post any questions or concerns you may have about the software and other components of your car that might be efffected by the increase in power.

Here's a short video on how to change programs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYMW0rWbEg

Above is a time sheet by a 997TT 6spd APR Software, 100 octane, Tubi Race exhaust, 20" wheels, track temperature was 125 degrees @ Zmax dragway in Concord, NC.

These time slips are from a 997T with APR software and stock exhaust on 100 octane with stock wheels tip tronic transmission

6/11/10 INDEPENDENT DYNO

Temperature on the dyno was 94 degrees. Humidity was 60%

First Pull - APR100OCT File, Tubi Race Exhaust, 100 oct fuel.

VS

Last Pull - OEM Porsche File - Tubi Race, 100 Oct Fuel in the tank

I do have each individual pull we did today saved on my desktop. I will have these posted up here tomorrow morning.

Last edited by GMP Performance; 07-15-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
tclayj is on a distinguished road
In regards to the 6speed runs. What type of clutch set up was used?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:26 PM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Do you have a program for the GT2?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Tried your website, did not work.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tclayj
In regards to the 6speed runs. What type of clutch set up was used?

Sorry I should have posted that. Its a sachs upraded disc and flywheel. Stock flywheel.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by 997John
Do you have a program for the GT2?

Sorry APR doesn't offer a program for the GT2. I do offer a couple other solutions. Because the GT2 already has slightly more power than the standard turbo, you won't see a huge difference in power over stock like you see with the standard 911 turbo.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Tried your website, did not work.
Do you mean you tried clicking the www.gmpperformance.com link and it didn't take you to our site? If so I just clicked it and it worked for me.

Shoot me an email or PM or post any questions or info that you want to know.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Site Sponsor
Dyno comparison sheet stock vs APR 100 file.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Sorry I should have posted that. Its a sachs upraded disc and flywheel. Stock flywheel.
Dont you mean disc/plate with stock fly wheel ? I am sure you did, at any rate, are these cars using stock intercoolers?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Matthew i note on Sachs website, see link http://www.sachsperformance.com/sach...203/index.html where they list 2 performance pressure plates.
One is rated at 740nms and the other is 890nms. If APR quote 865nms torque then the 764 pp is running rather close to its limmit isnt it??

Obviously the 752 plate wouldnt hold that 865nms. The 752 plate is obviously what you guys quote as a stage 2, so thats definately out as a viable clutch mod. And the 764 being the stage 3. Some performance shops your way market that as a 2.5 i believe? Your thoughts?

Is there any Sachs pp that is really going to hold that 865 torque for very long. I also note the clutch disc is the same in both applications (excepting the ceramic segmented disc but that'd be not so nice to use other than race).

Re the tiptronic gearbox, how is that possibly going to cope given it is totally stock? So what are owners in for????

What is the expected durability of these tip gearboxes and manual clutches running the APR tune?

I would assume that the 740nm 752 pplate is what Porsche use as their stock plate given that the engine in stock tune trim produces 680nms breifly in Sports C mode at WOT. So If P has a allowed safety factor of 60nms up its sleeve to accomodate for the 680 nms how does the 764 cope with 865nms if there is only a safety factor of 25nms?

Just curious..

Old 07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting, Matthew. Please put up the pump gas numbers whenever you get a chance.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Sachs 2.5

The 764 plate copes very well on 93 and 100 octane. However, I only have a 1,000 miles on the clutch after the 500 mile break-in. No issues and yes I am running APR with FVD Gen 2 exhaust. I do not plan on upgrading my turbos, I see no need to for a DD and the occasional DE.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
edited

Btw Matthew to make sure this isn't completely outside of this thread, I just wanted to double check that this is for a 997.2 turbo? Is there going to be difference between a PDK tune and a 6speed tune? If this is just for a 997.1 turbo, let me know if APR wants a test client for a 997.2 turbo that can do all logging, dynos, etc necessary. Renntech people have also pushed me towards APR as a great tuner.

Honestly I'm inclined to just do a APR tune. I can't believe how much people are *****ing about a couple hundred bucks difference. Tunes for Porsche's seem damn cheap compared to ones for Mercs.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-02-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: edited because it needed to be
Old 07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
if you guys start this petty bickering again this thread will end up like the other one...leave the personalities out of it and stick on topic or you will be given some time off so this thread can be finished finally

Old 07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The previous thread was closed because of constant bickering and squabbling that was completely unrelated to the original post. If this continues on this thread, I will start banning members.

Please take the hint and reserve this thread for the technical discussion of APR's tuning.

bob

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......