997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

911TT Rear Child Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 AM
yellowbull is infamous around these partsyellowbull is infamous around these parts
I have a 997 tt and 3 kids. The only seats that work are the Porsche seats. I have the booster for my daughter and the full car seat for my son. My daughter is almost 5 and the seat is great. My son is 14 months and he rides in the full seat. Both seats are made very well and after looking at all the other seats I feel they are the most protective for your cargo. Remember they are made for the car so the are made to fit!! You can't worry about price when you are talking about the safety of your kids..... And you have a Porsche so you can't be doing that bad for yourself. Make sure u buy the most current model!!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:47 AM
superthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info. I am not worried about the price of the porsche seats. The problem is that neither dealers in my area stock them so there is no chance to try to out to ensure they work well. therefore, your input is most helpful.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 AM
yellowbull is infamous around these partsyellowbull is infamous around these parts
Glad I can help!! Don't worry the fit is perfect and the look great as well

Old 03-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Originally Posted by L8Apex
I have two of the Porsche seats in the back...fits perfect!

Where did you get that seat? directly at the dealer?
I checked on Suncoastparts and they have a different one that I don't really like:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=997tT_child

Old 03-07-2012, 10:33 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
I have a baby on the way (well, my wife does, and am looking for an infant seat. I don't really care what it costs, what is the best one to get?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:35 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Any of the seats you guys have been referring to can work for infants? Look for a rear facing seat for the back of a 997.2... Buying the car will depend on it if I can take my Lil girl in it safely so please let me know.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:15 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I've done a pretty extensive search through the forums on child seats and I'm still a little confused as to which ones work and which ones do not.

I'm inclined to just buy the Porsche booster seat since it is made to fit. However, the pictures seem to indicate that it uses the regular seat belts of the car to strap in the child. Is that correct? I really want to have a 5-pt harness as I've been told by my EMT/firefighter friends that they are much, much safer for children (my co-pilot will be my little 30 lb 3-yr old boy.)

Some others have used the Cosco Juvenile:
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Cosco-Co...Car-Seat-Jacob

Much less money but isn't so attractive. 5-pt harness though...so I'd pick this over the Porsche seat if that one lacks the 5-pt system.

Thanks for any replies!
Kids under 5 needs to travel in a rear facing child seat (tested and approved) with a 5-point harness.

If you have them facing forward the weight of their head put to much strain on their neck and spine if you hit something.

I have 4 kids and a 997TT so I understand you wanting to fit the kid too. But a 3-year old should be in the correct seat up front (disable air bags). The wife can go in the back (since you have a 911 I do like Jeremy Clarksson and assume she is a small and hot one).

Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=997tT_child

Suncoast shows the above seat for infants but its for the front seat. Nothing else for the rear?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM
higb987 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Kids under 5 needs to travel in a rear facing child seat (tested and approved) with a 5-point harness.
did you mean to say rear facing? I don't know any 3-4-5yos facing the rear.

"daddy why are you cutting off my legs?" .... "Because its safer!"

Last edited by higb987; 10-30-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Dangerois will become famous soon enoughDangerois will become famous soon enough
If you are planning to put the seat in the rear, the car seat that works best at least IMO is the Diono Radian R100 or R120. The key to this seat is that it is both narrow in width and length. So it fits in the rear and allows your child to comfortably put their legs down. Me, my wife (who is 5 ft 7 inch) and my daugher (2.5 years old) all fit comfortably in my 991.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 AM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I've done a pretty extensive search through the forums on child seats and I'm still a little confused as to which ones work and which ones do not.

I'm inclined to just buy the Porsche booster seat since it is made to fit. However, the pictures seem to indicate that it uses the regular seat belts of the car to strap in the child. Is that correct? I really want to have a 5-pt harness as I've been told by my EMT/firefighter friends that they are much, much safer for children (my co-pilot will be my little 30 lb 3-yr old boy.)

Some others have used the Cosco Juvenile:
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Cosco-Co...Car-Seat-Jacob

Much less money but isn't so attractive. 5-pt harness though...so I'd pick this over the Porsche seat if that one lacks the 5-pt system.

Thanks for any replies!
After considering $300+ child seats, buying a Recaro that didn't fit and almost buying the $600 Porsche seat, I ended up going to Walmart and finding a Cosco branded seat for $39 that fits. It also looks better than the Porsche seat. Here is a link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-High...nteen/16932755

You have to remove the seat cushion that is attached with Velcro.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Zero Cool has a spectacular aura aboutZero Cool has a spectacular aura aboutZero Cool has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by higb987
did you mean to say rear facing? I don't know any 3-4-5yos facing the rear.

"daddy why are you cutting off my legs?" .... "Because its safer!"
Agree. Seems to be based more on height/weight of child compared to rating for that particular seat and not as much on age.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zero Cool
Agree. Seems to be based more on height/weight of child compared to rating for that particular seat and not as much on age.
it is not that easy, it is how strong the spine are, and it need to develop further.

Sweden has recommendations for parents (based on science) and it is being updated continuously. They acctually change the recommendations from 4 to 5y for traveling backwards. The fact that it get's uncomfortable with the legs are deemed unimportant compared to safety in case of an accident.

But the Op had a 3y so there isnt any question however the child should be turned around in the car.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:02 PM
za3879 has a spectacular aura aboutza3879 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO
After considering $300+ child seats, buying a Recaro that didn't fit and almost buying the $600 Porsche seat, I ended up going to Walmart and finding a Cosco branded seat for $39 that fits. It also looks better than the Porsche seat. Here is a link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-High...nteen/16932755

You have to remove the seat cushion that is attached with Velcro.

Are you saying that the aforementioned walmart car seat actually works for the 997.1 TT?

I have been carefully scanning and reading about this. I need a good front facing that isnt gonna be too upright.

I'll buy this if its a great fit for the 997.1TT.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by L8Apex
I have two of the Porsche seats in the back...fits perfect!

These fits well in my 993 and 996 TT.
But too wide to fit in the rear seats of my 997 TT Cab.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911TT Rear Child Seats