997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

911TT Rear Child Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
911TT Rear Child Seats

I've done a pretty extensive search through the forums on child seats and I'm still a little confused as to which ones work and which ones do not.

I'm inclined to just buy the Porsche booster seat since it is made to fit. However, the pictures seem to indicate that it uses the regular seat belts of the car to strap in the child. Is that correct? I really want to have a 5-pt harness as I've been told by my EMT/firefighter friends that they are much, much safer for children (my co-pilot will be my little 30 lb 3-yr old boy.)

Some others have used the Cosco Juvenile:
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Cosco-Co...Car-Seat-Jacob

Much less money but isn't so attractive. 5-pt harness though...so I'd pick this over the Porsche seat if that one lacks the 5-pt system.

Thanks for any replies!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:13 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
We use a Recaro for most applications, see link below. We have been very happy with this unit, its bomb proof and very solid when installed correctly. However it will not work in your 911.

http://carseats.babycatalog.com/boos...oster/385.html

Wife uses a Porsche child seat in her 993 (in the front seat) with a air bag shut-off install. I use the booster insert (seat) part and the lap restraint in the back of my 997 which works great.

http://www.mrzaccessories.com/62PR-955-044-800-39.html

Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
steven1 will become famous soon enoughsteven1 will become famous soon enough
I had the same issue last year. The only one that will actually fit in the bucket seats in the back is the Porsche one. The neat thing about that one the back is removable and you can use as a booster. I figured out after that the seats in the back can pull right out so maybe you can see if a different one will fit once you remove the seat, they are secured by velcro believe it or not. good luck

Old 08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by VID997
We use a Recaro for most applications, see link below. We have been very happy with this unit, its bomb proof and very solid when installed correctly. However it will not work in your 911.

http://carseats.babycatalog.com/boos...oster/385.html

Wife uses a Porsche child seat in her 993 (in the front seat) with a air bag shut-off install. I use the booster insert (seat) part and the lap restraint in the back of my 997 which works great.

http://www.mrzaccessories.com/62PR-955-044-800-39.html

do you have a pic of the booster you have/use that fits in the back seat??

Old 08-26-2010, 08:30 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
I have two of the Porsche seats in the back...fits perfect!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by L8Apex
I have two of the Porsche seats in the back...fits perfect!

This is the one to get. My son was 3 1/2 back in the spring when I bought my TT and this fits perfectly. I also have a second one for my 6 1/2 yr old daughter and I removed the top section, just using the base. I tried finding others and could not do so.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:46 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Thanks for all of the replies. I called Porsche and they are soon to release a new car seat that applies to children in between an infant seat and a booster seat. Has a 5-pt harness as well. The parts guy said probably in the $600 range though. Ouch!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:59 PM
TeamDcx is on a distinguished road
Great question. I needed this information too.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM
OneFastBeast will become famous soon enough
+1 Looking into it as well
Originally Posted by TeamDcx
Great question. I needed this information too.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:28 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Britax Frontier 85????

Anyone tried that one? I am taking delivery of my car tomorrow and I'd like to do the same as the person posting this thread...

What is the width of the seat with the pad removed?

Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Hey All,

Attached are some pictures of the one we have been using for the past 3 years or so. We just remove the seat bottom and use it in conjunction with the lap restraint for use in the back seat then the whole unit up front. This seat also has a retractable latch system that works great in cars with the built in child seat latch rings.

The red seat belt is for use in my wife’s 993 for the airbag shut off switch. My 09 997 has a weight sensor on the passenger side which automatically shuts off the airbag if there isn’t enough weight in/on the seat.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cmargosi
Anyone tried that one? I am taking delivery of my car tomorrow and I'd like to do the same as the person posting this thread...

What is the width of the seat with the pad removed?
Don't waiste your time removing the seat cushion. The floor is
not flat and the seat bottoms will slide around a lot. If you need a booster I would highly recommend getting this one shown.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Psalm40 will become famous soon enoughPsalm40 will become famous soon enough
Anyone have any experience with child car seats (porsche or otherwise) and the Sport Bucket seats (the ones some people call "GT2 seats"? I am seriously looking at a 997 with them and would like to know the options prior to purchase.

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
I've been searching for the right child seat for my 3 year old daughter as well and I am considering trying these safety vests I found. They utilize the cars seat belts and position them in the right position when the vest is on the child. If anyone has these and can give a review, that would be great.

http://www.showeryourbaby.com/risatrvebkid.html

Last edited by BostonCarrera4S; 06-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:50 AM
superthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info. I am in a similar spot (well searching for a pre-owned 911) and needing to make sure a toddler seat fits in the back. I read somewhere that the new Britax Roundabout 55 works.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911TT Rear Child Seats