997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My 997 Turbo RSR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
My 997 Turbo RSR

Hello everyone ..

Now I want to present my new project, when I sold my 996 GT2, I did so because I wanted to have some thing better, I felt really happy with what I have done with it and did not want to go further with such a fine one..

So thoughts went to a crashed 996 Turbo or a 996 gt2a, everything from cars from the U.S. that has been swimming like a fish or burntout cars had a think, ultimately, the choice fell on a 997 turbo engine and box I got at the right price , this is where I stand now ..

The engine had a damaged water pump house, damaged exhaust manifold and some small tubes which were broken, but on the whole in good shape, so right now the engine is being built on a bit to fit what I'm supposed to do with it, go crazy fast around courses.;, today it has about 550hk already but with some mods from us at the SMR, it will land at approximately 580-600hk in version 1 ..

Where the engien will to live is not really clear at this moment but I have some different plans which I will present shortly so right now you may be content with the engine pictures

Here is a picture of the engine where it stands and sleep while waiting for some go fast parts

Old 11-28-2010, 03:22 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Here, it goes forward a lot, the chassis that I have decided, and paid the deposit will be February 15 to me, so then I can show you some pictures of it and tell you more about it .. In the meantime, as I collect parts as much i can, lately I've supplemented with ic parts that I missed, but now I have got hold of most things luckily ..

I also have some better photos of the monster differential I bought by now, the left is GT1 version that I bought and the right is GT2 such as is standard in all RUF Rt12or, there is also another model that is a bit cheaper

More info on the Guard pice

Then it was time for the gearbox to get candy nr2, then I will use a 997 Turbo transmission so it is no limited slip in the original so somethiing must be done here, run around with one wheel drive is not so interesting ..

On my last build with gt2anI us ed the original lsd which has four plates and a cast house, they later from type 997 2008 Cup and the billet has a house with 8 plates. On gt2an i built on to get 8 of plates but ramp angles in the GT2 / 3 has a lot to be desired against the Cup .. So this time the choice was choose to between the 997 diff cup and a Guard LSD .. after a couple of calls and e-mail so it was decided pretty quick that the choice will land on a Guard, they have three modeler to choose from, club sports, GT2 and GT1. Gt2an is original in all RUF r12or and gt1an is even better ..

For me it was a GT1 diff with these options
Dual Ramp 58/80% and 80/80%
8 of plates

Old 11-28-2010, 03:35 AM
SMR
Santa Claus was right kind last year and gave the okay for an order for a new clutch .., the 997 turbo box I'll us, has a the power assisted clutch and the clutch cylinder diffrent also and is also fitted diffrent, so you should build on the GT2 / 3 style on but yout, you must have an adapter and some other parts, this will cost alot of dollars with Flywheel, Clutch release bearing, some bolts, etc., this makes you pay alot very soon .. And then you have a singel disc clutch

So after a few calls to Tilton, which has kit for the Porsche so it fellt it was a proper link up to my project, there will be a 3 disc sinter metallic at 7.25 "by 3.6 kg flywheel, the whole package weighs 8kg together, this one hydraulic releas beering, the kit that I have are specs to 1266nm....

Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
man thats really amazing and interesting !!!
REP And subscribed !!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Sweet! Good luck with the build!
And I hope you know that all Swedish 6speeders are forced by law to give me a ride when they finish their builds?

Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 AM
SMR
More uppdating is coming, the build has come a long way already, just uppdating the 6 speeders on my little build

Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 AM
SMR
I did sell the 997 Turbo gearbox and did come over a 997 Hollinger seqentilal gearbox, that are spec for 1000nm and 24hour so better then that is not possible in the stock 996/997 gearbox case..
I sneak prev

Old 11-28-2010, 11:47 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
subrscribed

Old 11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Nice transmission, any more info on it rwd only ? Does it require constant maintenance between track days or is it solid n maintenance free ?

Old 11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
very cool..subscribed

Old 11-28-2010, 03:19 PM
SMR
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Nice transmission, any more info on it rwd only ? Does it require constant maintenance between track days or is it solid n maintenance free ?
It for rwd only..

It like all sequential gearboxes, full check upp around 30-40 hours..but this is my track car so no problem and i can do the work my self

Old 11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
X GTS X will become famous soon enoughX GTS X will become famous soon enough
nice

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
spooling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SMR
I did sell the 997 Turbo gearbox and did come over a 997 Hollinger seqentilal gearbox, that are spec for 1000nm and 24hour so better then that is not possible in the stock 996/997 gearbox case..
I sneak prev

could this gearbox be used in a 997 turbo? what are the benefits compared to a 6 speed? does it have a clutch pedal?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
This looks like it will be shaping up to something very interesting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997 Turbo RSR