997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Looking at two 997 turbos...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Looking at two 997 turbos...thoughts?

I am currently in the process of selling or trading-in my 2008 M3 and currently am looking at two 2007 997 turbos. One is at Pacific Porsche in the LA area (silver on black/terracotta) with 12k miles, one-owner, and has the important options on it. The other is at Ken Garff Porsche in Utah (meteor gray on black) with 21k miles, CPO, lots of alcantara bits (steering wheel, shifter, rear center console, seat inserts). Wondering what you guys think of these cars and also any experience with the two dealers? Also, has anyone seen these vehicles in person? Thanks!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Would like to help but you're not giving enough data. Both cars have same gear box type?
1. Does either one of these have PCCB? (If you don't track the car, this is a most desireable and most expensive option. If you track the car, then 50/50 depending on how loaded you are LOL.)

Besides PCCB ask about these other options, that are very important to me and some are expensive to add later:
2. Adaptive Sports Seat
3. Limited rear differential
4. Sport Chrono
5. After market a. wheel, b. exhaust, c. ECU. These could be worth thousands, *if* it is the type you like, a big if so ask if and what each car has. Wheel could easily be 5k, exhaust 4k. ECU I am not so hot about and in fact may cause me to not buy the car. Who knows what these morons with ECU upgrades do to their cars LOL.
6. All else being equaled, I would take the low mileage car. 12k is a gem.

The leather options are very expensive if it's important to you (my car has none). I don't care much for alcantara in the Turbo but this is strictly personal preference. Sport/short shifter is an absolute must but this could be added later.
BTW, my car is being fixed at Pacific Porsche, I could give the car a look over as long as I am not held responsible for anything (a pre purchase inspection will be done, I assume?).

Last edited by cannga; 02-08-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 AM
RED 997 is on a distinguished road
I took a look at the dealer photos for the pacific porsche car. Very nice car. The black/terracotta interior is one of the best combos in my opinion. Good luck!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on the black/terracotta looks real nice mine is in GT-Silver

Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cannga
Would like to help but you're not giving enough data. Both cars have same gear box type?
1. Does either one of these have PCCB? (If you don't track the car, this is a most desireable and most expensive option. If you track the car, then 50/50 depending on how loaded you are LOL.)
Neither have PCCB. I do not plan on doing much tracking.

Besides PCCB ask about these other options, that are very important to me and some are expensive to add later:
2. Adaptive Sports Seat Both have them
3. Limited rear differential Both have it
4. Sport Chrono Both have it
5. After market a. wheel, b. exhaust, c. ECU. These could be worth thousands, *if* it is the type you like, a big if so ask if and what each car has. Wheel could easily be 5k, exhaust 4k. ECU I am not so hot about and in fact may cause me to not buy the car. Who knows what these morons with ECU upgrades do to their cars LOL. All stock, especially given the one in UT is CPO
6. All else being equaled, I would take the low mileage car. 12k is a gem.

The leather options are very expensive if it's important to you (my car has none). I don't care much for alcantara in the Turbo but this is strictly personal preference. Sport/short shifter is an absolute must but this could be added later.
BTW, my car is being fixed at Pacific Porsche, I could give the car a look over as long as I am not held responsible for anything (a pre purchase inspection will be done, I assume?).
If you want you can look over the car when you're there. I am actually driving through Cali in two weeks so am planning on stopping by the dealer to check out the car. I just don't know if that may be too late; I do know the car has been on their lot for almost two months though. How is this dealership btw? I will have a PPI done; should I have another dealer do this or Pacific Porsche?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Well the damn dealer sold the car this past weekend. My sales guy supposedly wasn't working over the weekend. I have been telling them for weeks that I can put a deposit down since I am coming to California Feb 25-26 and want to look at the car then (as opposed to having to make an entire extra trip for just the car). I am still very upset about it. To make matters worse, it seems it is very difficult to find a 2007 with the axle-diff lock. Of all the ones I am currently interested in only three have it, two of which are in NY. The third one is a gorgeous car which is in UT (I mentioned it in the first post), but I was incorrect on it having sport chrono (it does NOT have it). So now my dilemma is get one of the two from NY (one is black...not a huge fan of black...but only 18k miles and private party = no sales tax for me in AZ, the other is GT silver = great but it has 27k miles. Both are CPO), or maybe opt for the one in UT (nicely equipped, 21k miles, CPO, lots of alcantara = unsure of it, NO sport chrono = fail?). I know at the end the decision is definitively mine, and I have the option of waiting to see what else comes on the horizon, but given these three which would you opt for and why? It makes it harder for me because I am letting go of my M3 and it can be used as a good tax break if getting from a dealership on trade...

Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
You shouldn't be upset with the CA dealer - he had a buyer - at the time you were just a looker. Offering to send a deposit and actually sending a deposit are very different. But there will be a car for you - half the fun is the search. I think most everyone will say SC is a must have - why is LSD so important to you? Good luck with the hunt.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
You shouldn't be upset with the CA dealer - he had a buyer - at the time you were just a looker. Offering to send a deposit and actually sending a deposit are very different. But there will be a car for you - half the fun is the search. I think most everyone will say SC is a must have - why is LSD so important to you? Good luck with the hunt.
My turbo will likely be a project car that will eventually get sent to evoms here in AZ or Protomotive. I think if the car has a tune the Sport Chrono makes no difference correct? I think it is ridiculous that a car with this much power (and one that costs well north of $125k new) to not have a LSD but that is just my opinion. I think it should have been standard.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
pranqster can only hope to improve
I have been at a number of track days with the Garff boys in Utah. I think they are a pretty good bunch. They sponser a lot of Porsche events locally. They took a look at my warped GT3 brakes for free at the dealership on my way back to NM after one of their track events. They pads were rubbing a little on the rotors and they patched it up well enough to get me home. They did not have GT3 rotors at the shop or I would have had them replace them. They can run an ECU dump for you and also get you a copy of their inspection of the car (if they CPO'd it). There is another dealer in town, Strong Porsche. Strong could do an inspection for you.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
check the post i just made about the turbo at public auction in So cal it got moved to the autos for sale section.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Hey where in Ny where those 2 turbos, i actually went to 3 porsche dealer parts department yesterday looking for an LED bulb.. lol. I checked out the used car selection and saw some awesome 997.1TTs for sale..

Convenient for you in AZ.. EVOMS is local...any evoms tuned car wipes out the chrono feature, and could make that button a race-gas file. While running massive increased hp in regular mode, then maybe for the track ; filler'up 110 octane and push your "sport mode" button for that lil extra boost and hp..

Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dreamer11
Nashua NH has 07 Basalt / Black with PCCB's and red stitching, 24K miles CPO-

http://www.porschenashua.com/certifi...seHistory=true

Ask for Jamie for more info

I paid $10k less for mine six months ago with only 17k miles. Mine did not have the PCCB or CPO though...

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I paid $10k less for mine six months ago with only 17k miles. Mine did not have the PCCB or CPO though...
Yeah the price for the one listed above is way too much imho. 2009's are getting down into the high 90's now; no way would I pay that much for a 2007. There are some great ones out there that can be had for around $80k with CPO and low 20's mileage wise. Just havn't found the perfect one yet, but then again I am buying used and not new so chances are I am being too picky.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M32911S
Yeah the price for the one listed above is way too much imho. 2009's are getting down into the high 90's now; no way would I pay that much for a 2007. There are some great ones out there that can be had for around $80k with CPO and low 20's mileage wise. Just havn't found the perfect one yet, but then again I am buying used and not new so chances are I am being too picky.

You are indeed buying used but $80k is definitely not chump change (at least to me). You need to be happy with your purchase. In the end, I purchased a vehicle that didn't fit my wants and needs 100%. If I had waiting about six months I probably could have found the perfect car. However, these past six months have been insanely fun and I don't even remember what options I was holding out for anymore. The thing is just that good even without all of the bells and whistles.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
You are indeed buying used but $80k is definitely not chump change (at least to me). You need to be happy with your purchase. In the end, I purchased a vehicle that didn't fit my wants and needs 100%. If I had waiting about six months I probably could have found the perfect car. However, these past six months have been insanely fun and I don't even remember what options I was holding out for anymore. The thing is just that good even without all of the bells and whistles.
The only thing the one car doesn't have is sport chrono. I love the exterior color, has other great options on it, adaptive sports seats, diff-lock, etc. I probably wouldn't even miss the sport chrono because I will likely get a evoms ecu upgrade shortly after anyhow and then go from there...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking at two 997 turbos...thoughts?