997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Spoiler controller failure message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
LFC911Kop2 is on a distinguished road
Spoiler controller failure message

Today while driving I tried to deploy the spoiler manually but received the error message, "Spoiler controller failure". I pulled over and after restarting the engine several times, it reset and deployed. Only 8200 miles on my 2010 turbo. I have deployed spoiler many times before without a problem. Anyone else seen this message before?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Don't know if the system is the same between the 996 and 997s -- but it sounds like it's not uncommon for the hydraulics to go out in the 996 Turbos. Often, it's due to leaking in the rams. In your case, since you're under warranty, the dealer will probably just replace the whole system once the problem becomes repeatable. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:04 AM
LFC911Kop2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Don't know if the system is the same between the 996 and 997s -- but it sounds like it's not uncommon for the hydraulics to go out in the 996 Turbos. Often, it's due to leaking in the rams. In your case, since you're under warranty, the dealer will probably just replace the whole system once the problem becomes repeatable. Good luck.
Thanks for your insight. I had checked around with a few othe various turbos and they haven't experienced it. I'll take it in to the dealer as I photographed the error message. Yes fortunately will be under warranty. Slight hassle to deal with it but oh we'll get it fixed before it goes out of warranty. This has been the only issue with this car! It truly is breathtaking when those twin turbos kick
In,