997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unplugging BRVs solenoid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Unplugging BRVs solenoid

My car is letting boost go out. After a few datalogs Todd says there is no knocking. So it could be the ECU, letting boost go out between 3-4k rpm because it thinks that it overboosts. I will unplug the Recirculation Valve solenoid And see if this helps.

Has any one tried this before? Is it easy to access the solenoid?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
check your hoses from the inter cooler to the turbo's

Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Any updates. ?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I had that issue since I installed the aquamist, I need to retune. Todd says there is no knocking but what else would cause the VTGs to open and let boost go out?
I select 3rd or 4th gear low rpm (1500) and full throttle, ar 3 to 4k rpm I hear a shhh shhhh shhh sound. Not continueslly but it starts and stops. I also notice that rpm is not very lenear at that point.
Todd said I might have low octane, so I turned off methanol and used race fuel, with same results.

What else could it be? It's not a hose, it happens only from 3 to 4k rpm

Old 03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Are you 100% sure it is not a hose? Could be a lose clamp that acts up under max pressure...

Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 PM
100% sure, no pressure loss, no hose leak

Old 03-18-2011, 05:13 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if you run stock or AM BRVS,

-If stock, put new ones, "Skandimitri" had a boost leak from stock BRVs last year, he changed and it was OK. It is known the stock ones work well but not long at high boost.

- If AM, perhaps your springs are too soft to hold your peak boost (3-4krpm), harder ones exist.

My 0.5....Euro

Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
doesn't sound like a BRV's issue to me sound like a leak did u do any boost leak test ?

Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Sorry to dig this one up from the grave, but does anyone know where the recirc solenoid/connector is? I was trying to unplug it tonight at the direction of Todd @ Protomotive but can't find the darn thing (or even any mention of it elsewhere).

Is it accessible with the engine in the car? Or just completely hidden?

Old 04-12-2014, 02:02 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Well I found it.

It's right behind the T plenum on the driver side. In order to get to it I had to pull the cross brace that connects the two intake manifold halves and prevents them from splitting. Then a lot of reaching (to the left of the oil filter, over the top of the intake manifold) and feeling around back there to find the connector.

The unlocking mechanism for that plug is pretty simple, just squeeze and pull the connection. The part you squeeze is facing the front of the car.

Now to see if this alleviates the strange noises I'm getting...

Old 04-15-2014, 10:51 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
so what happen ? is everything ok?

Originally Posted by rix
Well I found it.

It's right behind the T plenum on the driver side. In order to get to it I had to pull the cross brace that connects the two intake manifold halves and prevents them from splitting. Then a lot of reaching (to the left of the oil filter, over the top of the intake manifold) and feeling around back there to find the connector.

The unlocking mechanism for that plug is pretty simple, just squeeze and pull the connection. The part you squeeze is facing the front of the car.

Now to see if this alleviates the strange noises I'm getting...

Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 PM
rix
Nope... No change.

I'm really tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is making that noise in my car. I went ahead and replaced the factory diverter valves with the Forge ones, but that didn't have any effect.