997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bluetooth Add On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Duane, that's the first I've ever heard of a dealer selling the Dension as an un-numbered Porsche item. That's BS on the dealer for sure. The unit has the Dension name engraved into it - so it would be obvious. I will tell you that years back, and I'm sure some of you know this, PAG came out with some crap that was nothing more than an FM modulator in a box. It was a joke. But Dension (and the others from what I know) would never have a private label thing going on with dealers.

In the early days of the MOST development, all of these brands had bugs. Some of it was the hardware, some was firmware, and a good bit was inexperienced installation. There are steps to take when doing this to avoid issues ( and we hand-hold our customers as needed ). But in the past 2.5 years, we've had two units not function, out of hundreds. One of the two simply had the dip switches wrong and the power was switched instead of unswitched (common mistake). The other was DOA and we replaced it.

Having 3 bad sounds to me like something more than just a product glitch. Could be failure to program the vehicle, mistake in installation, hardware issues, many things. Not knowing the car or the product that was sold makes it impossible to know.

The good thing right now for most folks with '03 - '08 vehicles is that you have several really good options. And we stand behind what we sell 100%. If anyone ever has a problem all they need to do is contact us directly.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Do all these kits basically work the same and all use the porsche interface and buttons? Will I be able to tell the difference after they have been installed ? I was originally looking at tooki but if denison its just as good and a few hundred cheaper maybe that is the way to go.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Another question. Do these kits require a mic to be installed somewhere? The tooki kit had a mic and wire that had to be run to a location of your choice.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:02 PM
steven1 will become famous soon enoughsteven1 will become famous soon enough
good point never thought about that

Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
too bad you can't slap a sim card right into the dash.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:31 AM
does the sim card slot work for anything? I would consider adding a line just for my car at ten bucks a month instead of get a bluetooth kit for a couple hundred

Originally Posted by Serpentene
too bad you can't slap a sim card right into the dash.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Duane, that's the first I've ever heard of a dealer selling the Dension as an un-numbered Porsche item. That's BS on the dealer for sure. The unit has the Dension name engraved into it - so it would be obvious. I will tell you that years back, and I'm sure some of you know this, PAG came out with some crap that was nothing more than an FM modulator in a box. It was a joke. But Dension (and the others from what I know) would never have a private label thing going on with dealers.

In the early days of the MOST development, all of these brands had bugs. Some of it was the hardware, some was firmware, and a good bit was inexperienced installation. There are steps to take when doing this to avoid issues ( and we hand-hold our customers as needed ). But in the past 2.5 years, we've had two units not function, out of hundreds. One of the two simply had the dip switches wrong and the power was switched instead of unswitched (common mistake). The other was DOA and we replaced it.

Having 3 bad sounds to me like something more than just a product glitch. Could be failure to program the vehicle, mistake in installation, hardware issues, many things. Not knowing the car or the product that was sold makes it impossible to know.

The good thing right now for most folks with '03 - '08 vehicles is that you have several really good options. And we stand behind what we sell 100%. If anyone ever has a problem all they need to do is contact us directly.
Hi Eric,
I sent you a PM and an email. To make it clear to the board, I think the issue is with Bose and the MOS link design. No matter what you do it's hard to deal with the basic system that is poorly designed. I think Eric sells the best products available and is a honest good board sponsor.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 AM
W211 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dyc1077
does the sim card slot work for anything? I would consider adding a line just for my car at ten bucks a month instead of get a bluetooth kit for a couple hundred
I paid for the Porsche SIM card phone system, but it was a pain dealing with call forwarding every time I get into the car and having to cancel it.

I took out the unit and installed the Tooki unit. Unfortunately, it's not 100% perfect as 9 times out of 10, my nav/telephone/stereo system would restart itself when I first start the car, for maybe 5 seconds but I ignore it and never bother fixing.

Not sure if other Tooki/Dension (I have the iPod kit as well) owners are having this restart problem.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:05 AM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
how eazi to install

Old 06-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Fish LV is on a distinguished road
I would also be very interested to know if this system requires the installation of a microphone. That has been the thing that has been holding me back from making a purchase. I have a '07 with the factory phone option and I figured that there has to be a solution out there that allows you to tap into the factory mic.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Can you provide installation instructions for our review? I want to see the mic installation versus using factory mic.

Originally Posted by Cartronics
Install time in a Cayenne is about 30 minutes. In a 911 or Boxter is about 45 minutes.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 AM
drvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the rough
For what it's worth, I've got the mobridge in both my 2007 Boxster S and 2007 TT and I've had no problems... at the time, the only other options were the Tooki & Dension, and my dealer strongly pointed me toward the mobridge....

Just my 0.02

drvik

Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
On the Dension and Tooki, separate mic is always recommended.

As for use of factory controls, yes, but some features are phone dependent.

First year run of the Dension (and Tooki, for that matter) were a bit off, but todays' Dension is 3rd generation, and we have very few issues with reliability. It's solid and does exactly what it should. iPod, Aux, USB and Bluetooth.

And we sell a lot of units to Porsche dealers throughout North America.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Eric where on the dension unit does the blue tooth adpter plug in? YOu still have the USB use correct?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:23 PM
How does the usb work. Is the device mounted in the cabin of the car? Does the usb work as a charger as well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Add On