997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo Inlet Pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:32 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Turbo Inlet Pipes

Who makes an aftermarket inlet pipe at a good price? Motor is pulled from car and know this is a good mod while its out. Anyone have these in stock ready to ship?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:36 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
TechArt, 9ff, Champion, EVOMs, and VividRacing.

The first three are carbon fiber, the latter two are not.

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 06-17-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
I went with the EVOMS ducts. They really flow well when going to bigger turbos (tial3076s in my case) and still utilizing the stock air box.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
I want EVOMS ducts.. but they are on back order for sometime and my motor is out and looking for a pair ready to ship. Are all the after market ducts capable of switching to gt30-gt35 turbos? Thats the next step eventually.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
For upgraded vtg would turbo duct be a better mod or plenum+ throttle body?

Old 06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The easiest way to install the inlet pipes is when the engine is dropped. I think the OP wants to get that done now while the engine is out so he doesn't have to drop it again when he upgrades his turbochargers.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 AM
GT-TT will become famous soon enoughGT-TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sam12345
For upgraded vtg would turbo duct be a better mod or plenum+ throttle body?
absolutely yes. Stock inlet pipes are optimised for up to 1.2bar boost. IF you can is modded you ll see very noticeable difference in response/spooling

Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Champion carbon fiber is what I have on mine ...check with Tom he will set u up

Old 06-18-2011, 11:19 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT-TT
absolutely yes. Stock inlet pipes are optimised for up to 1.2bar boost. IF you can is modded you ll see very noticeable difference in response/spooling
Interesting...where are you getting the data from? Any comparison data available (like a graph)?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:27 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nner-pipe.html

He was selling these a while back...Might want to check with him to see if they are still available!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
I guess no one has asked...so I'll ask.

Why is your engine out right now?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
I guess no one has asked...so I'll ask.

Why is your engine out right now?

I was waiting for that question, my tiptronic trans was leaking, and after i changed the fluid it only began to get worse! so I pulled the motor, and sent the trans to Renntech for their Tiptronic Upgrade. After 27k HARD miles on the car with the 700 kit it started to leak, Ill post pictures that Renntech had sent me. They really are a great company to deal with, they are quick and very helpful throughout the whole process, as my trans is on the truck being shipped freight from Renntech back to New York, I figured have the time to put some inlet pipes and finish up the bolt-ons. And now that my trans is re-inforced and good for about 1000ft/lb of torque I will eventually build the motor, and slap on some gt35 turbos.

- Still cant find inlet pipes instock ready to ship for the 997tt

Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Interesting...where are you getting the data from? Any comparison data available (like a graph)?
Well i tried back to back 3 intake systems; stock, carbon from 9ff and also separate cones from each turbo charger (a bit like EVOMs system but outside the IC ducts so they dont interfere with IC cooling).
Every step showed substantial improvement in response, lag, torque. When you are running 1.4-1.6 boost the stock pipes cannot handle the spooling of the VTGs. The difference of the separate cone system was insane.. (but had too much induction noise for my taste)

Old 06-19-2011, 08:55 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT-TT
Well i tried back to back 3 intake systems; stock, carbon from 9ff and also separate cones from each turbo charger (a bit like EVOMs system but outside the IC ducts so they dont interfere with IC cooling).
Every step showed substantial improvement in response, lag, torque. When you are running 1.4-1.6 boost the stock pipes cannot handle the spooling of the VTGs. The difference of the separate cone system was insane.. (but had too much induction noise for my taste)
Not sure I understand what you mean in highlighted area. The inlet pipes are the ones that provide air TO the turbos, are you saying they can't provide enough air in stock form to "feed" the turbo at 1.4-1.6 boost?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
That's correct. There is indeed a restriction there and I believe even stock cars will benefit from bigger inlet pipes. Those carbon pipes hold more air inside and thus give better response even outside the boost range. When spooling start, the begger vtgs are sucking too much air and too quickly for the stock pipes to handle. Actually on my setup even the 9ff ones I have are not up to the task 100%. I know this because when I tried the custom intake system the difference was remarkable..
The champion one look good but I did not get a response from them when I inquired to buy them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo Inlet Pipes