997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Area Under the Curve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Dave, any additional details about how your turbos are different from Milou's?

Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
I'm not exactly sure which wheel he has (I think it's still 63.5 mm ) but I know that he upgraded the hotside by extrude honing and retuned via Proto.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I'm running same turbos with Dave. The only difference is that I also had the hot sides extruded by TPC racing.

Thank you Dave

Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Thank YOU Antonis for sharing. Do you notice a difference without the maf?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Dave, this is an excellent thread. Basic science, physics, and a whole lotta torque!

Last edited by bbywu; 06-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Dave, this is an excellent thread. Basic science, physics, and a whole lotta horsepower!
Thanks Bob. I like it because it's really easy to do comparisons right from datalogging. Everything is standardized so no dyno variations. If we all datalogged from 2000-6800 it would be interesting to compare different set-ups. With enough data, I imagine we could start correlating/predicting 60-130 times based on AUCs.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 PM
It will be interesting to see if we can get more tuners involved - the AUC will eliminate many variables in comparing setups! (...and kudos to CMS for being first to step up to the plate.)

Last edited by bbywu; 06-24-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah, that would be really interesting. We might even start some AUC wars...

Last edited by TTdude; 06-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:42 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTdude
Thank YOU Antonis for sharing. Do you notice a difference without the maf?

Thank you Dave for your valuable information.
Yes big difference after removing the MAFs, I think after a certain point MAFs cannot read the air quantity or MAFs and MAP read differently, so the car pulls back timing,
I had this problem when I reached 600AWHP, then with mafless I jumped to 640AWHP

Old 06-25-2011, 02:48 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Milou's third gear pull with Tip. He's running mafless so I used Load values. Looks like your extrude hotsides paid off! Nice low end gains with some gains up top as well. Thanks for sharing bro. Your car must feel really sweet.

Nice gains. Is some of the difference due to the use of meth? Dave, was your plot on racegas? Would it differ much b/w pump and racegas or is it a function of the turbos only?

Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Asher, Mine was with race gas. It makes a difference for sure as long as your tune is optimized for it. I'll have to check to see if I have any logs with pump gas. Dave

Old 06-25-2011, 04:44 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey this is GREAT!!! Compliments to you Dave for the excellent math. And for thinking a very good comparison method...

I'm anxious to share my numbers when my tune will be refined at 100%....I'm on 93oct though....but could still be interesting.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks Ema and congrats to you on your successful build! Must be really gratifying and feels like a beast I bet. Cheers my friend.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:16 PM
The Bogg (Asher) had some really great data he is able to contribute to this thread. Stock 997tt, stock with SC, Proto-tuned stock (SC off), and Proto-tuned stock with SC activated. This is really great data. He must be a bit **** (ytical)--LOL. Reps to you Asher! Thanks for sharing.

Without line fit (you can see the raw curves more clearly).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AsherAUCCalc_zpsd8239379.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	302147   Click image for larger version

Name:	AsherAUC_zps9bf08049.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	302148  

Last edited by TTdude; 11-17-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Thanks for graphing that Dave. I was looking for this kind of comparison when I was thinking of buying the tune and I couldn't find it so hopefully it will help out someone else who may be wondering what exactly you get for the money. My pbox numbers correlate well with the AUC numbers (I'll post the pbox numbers soon) in the different modes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Area Under the Curve