997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tuning with Durametric: a primer

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bruce in Philly
Help with reading live oil temps.... I am getting bogus values and I am not sure which item to select to get a good read. Any help here? Also, can I pull my gear number and what Dura parameter (manual box)?

2009 C2S.. I know this is the turbo forum, but you guys appear to be the smartest (!!).

Here is a longer post I made over at the other board: http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...l#post11824504

Here is a link to the Durametric output for live values I collected, notice the oil temp readings are really bizarre. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bruced...r/C2SDURA1.xls

Peace,
Bruce in Philly
Did you ask at Durametrics? Maybe it's a bug (known)?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cam99
Did you ask at Durametrics? Maybe it's a bug (known)?
Ya, I put an email into them a while ago. No response. I suspect they then put a ticket into the software writer. I will post back when I have a response.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 12-04-2014, 07:40 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bruce in Philly
Ya, I put an email into them a while ago. No response. I suspect they then put a ticket into the software writer. I will post back when I have a response.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I have had no luck with Durametric in the past either. I bought the pro cable and have been extremely disappointed to say the least at the lack of support and/or documentation.

The one time I did get a response to a question I posed, their response was that they did not know??...And the question was simply where to change a setting related to auto locking on the car..

Tool is great...support non-existent.

DC

Last edited by therock88; 12-25-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:51 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xhgjfj
Thanks Bob. Is there a consensus about what constitutes a "safe" lambda value?
I think this is very tuner dependent ...assuming all else is fine - when I used to log - I used to want to see .78-79.... very little .80s... which I think puts me at about high 11s. (11.8-11.9)

I just converted to E85 and I am thinking it is still same ish ? as my logs are looking similar

Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 AM
saline is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by landjet
I was told that Durametric only takes 4 samples per second. Some dataloggers such as UMW's take 76 samples per second or better depending on the laptop. That datalogger shows the knock sensors, along with all the other important variables.
I'm not familiar with UMW. Is there a link that anyone can provide. I tried google, but it took me to Ultimate Motorwerks. They only did turbos though.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Steven997TT is on a distinguished road
Great thread.
I just purchased a Pro Durametric cable and its on its way.. Looking forward to taking control..