997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I want to paint some interior parts

Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I want to paint some interior parts

Any threads that can help me in my quest for DIY interior painting? I'm looking for a thread to remove parts (like the center console) and also a good website to purchase interior plastic paint.

OR

If you guys think I'm crazy for doing this myself, maybe recommend a good shop in the Seattle area that'll do it all for me...

Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Get with Eric at bumperplugs.com for painted parts. Does a great job and very helpful.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Ditto. Takes a lot of experience to do it right. Go BumperPlugs.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:28 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I have seen some of their amazing work. But what about removing the parts? I've taken parts out of my Cayenne with simple plastic putty knives. Can this be done w/ the 997 too? I just don't want to break any parts.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
I have pretty much taken everything out of my 996. I'm not sure of the difference between the two but the 996 is fairly simple. I highly recommend a plastic interior removal kit. You can buy those on amazon for like 16.00, such as this one:

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Jcusa,

Did you paint the parts yourself or send it out to be done? Where did you buy your paint if you did it yourself?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
To remove center console look for a DIY on B&M short shifter. I believe there are lot of detailed photos on how to remove the console there.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
I did it all myself, minus the alcantara stitching on the brake lever and shift ****.

I attached a pic of it. I would send you the entire thing but I'm waiting on my steering wheel and airbag to be done in the same alcantara material as the break lever and shift ****.

Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM
JFranklin will become famous soon enoughJFranklin will become famous soon enough
Interior Parts

Hi. You should consider consulting with Benjamin at Metropolitan Detail on Bel-Red Road. He has a lot of experience wrapping interior parts which can be returned to factory original very easily. He has virtually any color and gloss or flat finish and carbon fiber.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
you should use Eric's service at bumperplugs, installation is easy...

Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
you should use Eric's service at bumperplugs, installation is easy...
did you notice that the gloss black gets surface scratches very easily that require polishing out??

i did gloss black in my old mercedes and it was a pain to keep looking good..

Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Joel,

Love that interior - looks sharp. Where did you get those seat belts and did you install those yourself? I would like to get some red ones for mine.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
seatbelts are from suncoast porsche... ask Ryan. I install them myself, pretty easy. love the punch of color on an otherwise black interior...
thanks!

in regards of the scratches, Eric stuff is pretty durable

Last edited by JoelPirela; 03-28-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
seatbelts ate from suncoast porsche... ask Ryan. I install them myself, pretty easy. love the punch of color on an otherwise black interior...
thanks!

in regards of the scratches, Eric stuff is pretty durable
I will get with Ryan...

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow, you guys are getting me very excited to start ripping my interior apart. Mine is just so plain. Definitely not fitting for a $140k sports car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I want to paint some interior parts