997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 turbo headlight fit into a 997.1 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 07:12 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Just did this conversion with a little help from this thread ,def plug & play & pwis error code out ,most used ones come without ballasts but the .1 ballasts do work & so do the .1 bulbs,really updates the look with some real super car headlights.If you keep your eye out you can pick them up fairly cheap buying them on there own instead of in pairs ,which are usually above $2k a pair used & $1750 each new,i got one from Ebay Europe for $500 & one on CL for $400 by doing a nationwide CL search using onecraigslist.com also have the DRL lights & foglight Led & side marker Led to complete the look.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2386-1.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	334818   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2361-1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	334819   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2347.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	334820   Click image for larger version

Views:	147
ID:	334864   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2397.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	334865  

Click image for larger version

Views:	2544
ID:	334869   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2397.jpg
Views:	2692
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	334870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2347.jpg
Views:	2374
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	334871  

Last edited by twturbo; 02-16-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Eavila is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I'm new here. Just upgraded my headlights to 997.2. I took it to the local Porsche dealership to get rid of "headlight beam adjustment faulty" error code. They used the PIWIS and we're not able to do it. Does anyone know exactly how this programming is done? I have a 2007 TT. I copied this thread and gave it to them. They told me they spent an hour. Still had to pay the $140.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:28 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NWturbo
I just did this mod, purchased my 997.2 lights from another member here.

YES, it is plug and play. The cornering function will NOT work, and you need to use the PIWIS to reprogram the lights so an error code won't come on.

I believe, using the PIWIS, you tell the ECU that your have cornering function, and the error codes will no longer come on.

Been using the 997.2 lights without any issue for almost 3 weeks now.
Originally Posted by Eavila
Hello,

I'm new here. Just upgraded my headlights to 997.2. I took it to the local Porsche dealership to get rid of "headlight beam adjustment faulty" error code. They used the PIWIS and we're not able to do it. Does anyone know exactly how this programming is done? I have a 2007 TT. I copied this thread and gave it to them. They told me they spent an hour. Still had to pay the $140.
I'd say your dealer is a retard & lied too you when they said they read the thread ,my tuner was having problems until i showed them this thread ,specifically where it says TELL YOUR ECU THAT IT HAS CORNERING FUNCTION ,i personally watched my tuner go right to this on the Pwis & clear it in 10 secs once he had this info.I also have an 07 they had it hooked up when i got there but couldn't figure it out & asked me to pull up thread & a couple clicks later it was done & hasn't come back on.

Last edited by twturbo; 02-17-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Car looks great and lights are lovely.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:13 AM
yah996 will become famous soon enoughyah996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by twturbo
I'd say your dealer is a retard & lied too you when they said they read the thread ,my tuner was having problems until i showed them this thread ,specifically where it says TELL YOUR ECU THAT IT HAS CORNERING FUNCTION ,i personally watched my tuner go right to this on the Pwis & clear it in 10 secs once he had this info.I also have an 07 they had it hooked up when i got there but couldn't figure it out & asked me to pull up thread & a couple clicks later it was done & hasn't come back on.
Is the automatic leveling function still working? I can't believe this. 997TT.2 Headlights have a different control motor inside, and different wiring compare to 997TT.1.

The only way would be to get rid of the CEL, to program the unit as a halogen unit. But than the xenon are fixed. The best way would be, to replace the stepper motor.

K.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by yah996
Is the automatic leveling function still working? I can't believe this. 997TT.2 Headlights have a different control motor inside, and different wiring compare to 997TT.1.

The only way would be to get rid of the CEL, to program the unit as a halogen unit. But than the xenon are fixed. The best way would be, to replace the stepper motor.

K.
No leveling ability read the whole thread ,you have to manually adjust the lights to where you want them per the instructions in the owners manual.I bought .2 headlights without ballasts & used my .1 ballasts plug & play that simple no motors or anything else needed.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:20 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
twturbo ... What LED's are you using for your L/R side markers?
I recently bought a pair, they work great other than the two errors they throw.

The other question - is it possible to disable that warning with the PIWS tool? Or do I need new LED bulbs all together?

Old 08-10-2014, 01:09 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche
twturbo ... What LED's are you using for your L/R side markers?
I recently bought a pair, they work great other than the two errors they throw.

The other question - is it possible to disable that warning with the PIWS tool? Or do I need new LED bulbs all together?
Hi...Not sure about twturbo. But you need to specifcally get LED's that say CanBus Compatible or no CanBus error. They include an IC chip that "tricks" the DME in to thnking the resistance is OK when n fact the LED's are much lower resistance and why you are getting the error. To my knowledge...you cannot turn that error off, as it is there to let you know a bulb is burnt out....When there is less or no resistance on that circut.

Hope that helps...

DC

Old 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Eavila is on a distinguished road
Update, I finally had my "headlight beam adjustment faulty" removed. Had to go to the Las Vegas Porsche dealership. Took about an hour and ended up being about $150.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:42 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eavila
Update, I finally had my "headlight beam adjustment faulty" removed. Had to go to the Las Vegas Porsche dealership. Took about an hour and ended up being about $150.
Go back go the first dealer and get your $140 back. Show them what LV Porsche did.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:01 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys, I've been a lurker on this thread for a long time now. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on this mod. There are only a few things keeping me from doing this.

1. I want to make sure this process is 100% reversible with no signs of a swap. TWTurbo is right, most used 997.2 sets seem to come without the ballasts. I don't know what's entailed to move the 997.1 ballasts to the 997.2 ballasts. Is it just a few screws, in and out, or does it require some "modding"?

2. The self leveling - has anyone got this to work? I called an installer and he said the self leveling works. He mentioned all that's needed is to adjust a switch on the ballast and change the error code on the PWIS.

2b. If this is not true, and the self leveling does not work, does anyone notice not having this feature when driving? Do you "miss it"? I don't want to compromise function.

3. Maybe an obvious question, but do both lights work when swapping to a 997.2 headlight? (Since we are switching from one big light on the 997.1 to two little bug-eyed lights on the 997.2)

Thanks guys!

Old 09-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Was wondering myself about #3 the other day.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Self leveling works. What I believe the challenge is to program off is the dash board warning for the adaptive feature, which the 997.1 does not have.

Last edited by Jako; 09-11-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes a both lights work & i don't notice any problems at night without self level but i don't drive at night that much ,i don't see why it wouldn't be reversible either you don't have to cut anything.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:57 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Jako says self leveling will work. TW and another said it won't work. Just trying to get to the bottom of this before I proceed. I'm sure everyone has their own experiences. I called BBI, I believe they installed TW's lights and they said that self leveling will work. Maybe he was mistaken?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 turbo headlight fit into a 997.1 turbo?