997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help for porsche sport bucket seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Vineet Mehta is on a distinguished road
Help for porsche sport bucket seats

Hi everyone,

I see that it is not possible to adjust the height on the porsche bucket seats. Did any one think of a solution???

Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
you can "kind"of adjust them to go a bit higher by adding washers between the floor and the seat. Also you can ultra fine tune the recline angle by placing the washers only on the front or the back, but don't expect huge increases... we are talking 1-3 degrees at most...

Old 06-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Vineet Mehta is on a distinguished road
How many washers do you think it is possible to put there?? I would like to raise the seat as much as i can.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:05 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
well, if you want to go higher, you can fabricate a spacer and get longer bolts. I don't think that would be a problem...

Old 06-14-2012, 12:12 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Be careful with washers. I would fabricate spacers, and do it in a well thought out manner. You dont know what forces are in play if you were to get into an accident, and you do not wish have your seat flying around inside the cabin with you in it.
I would make a metal base replicating the base of the seat....