Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 997 Turbo / GT2
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

997 Turbo / GT2 2006–present Turbo discussion on the current model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored By SharkWerks, Inc

BBI 800hp Porsche 996 Turbo vs 900hp Nissan GT-R

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
BBI 800hp Porsche 996 Turbo vs 900hp Nissan GT-R

Not bad from ( GTR ) best rolling speed..With better shifting he could beat the GTR IMO!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 PM

yumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond repute
Close race! Is that the same bbi car that took 2nd at the airstrip event? Any other race vids from the event this past weekend?
Wheels: BBS Fi's on Toyo R888's
Aero: Techart Front Lip, Techart Side Skirt's
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Turbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo Fanatic has a reputation beyond repute
The turbo is actually catching up in both videos. Not a bad performance given the fact that the GTR has a PDK type shifter. Both cars are fast as hell. Props to the GTR it won.

His fixed wing looks pretty cool anyone got pics? Or is it just the 2nd wing removed (and possibly the holes filled in).

Water cooled Tial GT2860RS, EVO Intercoolers, Boost Hoses, Hitachi MAF, 60 lb Injectors, Sachs HD clutch with GT2 disc, Remus Exhaust, EVO DVs, GIAC FLASH , 997 TT Brakes, FVD PSS9s, FVD Steering Wheel, H&R Rear Bar, 19" Champion RG19 Monolites (15mm spacers front and rear), rolled fenders, Precision Porsche Strosek Wing. All work performed by The Speed Gallery, Studio City.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 06-11-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:58 PM

L8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8Apex has a reputation beyond repute
The transmission in the GTR gave it the edge. That 996 is a beast.

L8apex Garage
Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 PM

sid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond reputesid350 has a reputation beyond repute
Shift-s3ctor Jason and Ryan once again put together an exciting event! Props to both cars they ran real strong even at the high elevation of 2300-ft! I agree that tranny is quick... It gains a half-car each shift.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:56 AM

Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid350 View Post
Shift-s3ctor Jason and Ryan once again put together an exciting event! Props to both cars they ran real strong even at the high elevation of 2300-ft! I agree that tranny is quick... It gains a half-car each shift.
thanks sid, it was a great time and good seeing you as always. you need to get your 996 on the same level as tito's!

i'm the driver of the GT-R and i think that this 996 has a better top-end. however, i am very proud with how my car performed (tuning was completed few days before), especially with a passenger and full weight. my 997tt feels like a carrera s in comparison to the gt-r (power-wise of course)
the tranmission defnitely makes the gtr what it is; huge advantage

yumaverick, this is the same 996tt that took 2nd place in the airstrip event.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Banned

MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
thanks sid, it was a great time and good seeing you as always. you need to get your 996 on the same level as tito's!

i'm the driver of the GT-R and i think that this 996 has a better top-end. however, i am very proud with how my car performed (tuning was completed few days before), especially with a passenger and full weight. my 997tt feels like a carrera s in comparison to the gt-r (power-wise of course)
the tranmission defnitely makes the gtr what it is; huge advantage

yumaverick, this is the same 996tt that took 2nd place in the airstrip event.
Is that same setup?

http://aamcompetition.com/i-6227201-...r-upgrade.html
Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 AM

yumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond reputeyumaverick has a reputation beyond repute
Oh ok, I was thinking it was, theirs not too many silver 996tt that fast running around cali

My buddy Sam(VegasGTR) has a very similar set up as you Nico he runs his off of E85 I'm gonna try and talk him into coming out to the next airstrip event. I believe he is making 943WHP with his car. It's def the fastest car I've ever been in

Congrats on the good finish though, car looked strong!
Wheels: BBS Fi's on Toyo R888's
Aero: Techart Front Lip, Techart Side Skirt's
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8 View Post
yup, these are the same turbos i have on my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumaverick View Post
Oh ok, I was thinking it was, theirs not too many silver 996tt that fast running around cali

My buddy Sam(VegasGTR) has a very similar set up as you Nico he runs his off of E85 I'm gonna try and talk him into coming out to the next airstrip event. I believe he is making 943WHP with his car. It's def the fastest car I've ever been in

Congrats on the good finish though, car looked strong!
yes i know sam! he's a great guy. we exchange text messages now and then. in fact he texted me after he saw the video.
i'm trying to find a vbox so i can get my 60-130 time. we've both been eager to find out what it is. i think our cars are very similar, and with a set-up so identical, it all comes down to the tuning. his car is a rocket no doubt. to pull off the times he does in that vegas altitude is ridiculous
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM

Divexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
The transmission in the GTR gave it the edge.
The fact that it weighs 4100-4200 lbs with driver and passenger surely negated that edge.

'14 Stingray Coupe, 7-MT
'15 Macan Turbo (daily)

Past:
'13 Switzer GT-R - 1136whp, '07 Switzer 997TT - 1054whp, '12 Switzer Ultimate Street Edition GT-R - 927whp on 93 octane, '13 Cayenne GTS, '10 Switzer R1KX GT-R - 1248whp, '10 Switzer P600 GT-R, '03 Protomotive White GT2 - 730whp, '01 Protomotive 996TT - 889whp, '06 C6 Z06 - 722whp, '98 Supra - 711whp, '03 M3 - 416whp, '05 M3, '03 Cayenne S, '01 M5

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor

Betim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond repute
It was a blast. I was driving the 911 in the video during the outside shots. The GTR is a freak of nature for sure. We all had a blast out there. We were squeezing 29lbs and C16 on the 996TT. We got beat as fair as you can get beat. Thank you to Nico for running that beast and thank you to Tito for letting me be the wheel man for a few passes. Also a big thank you to Jason and Ryan from Shift S3ctor for hosting such an awesome day!

Kindest Regards
Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport View Post
It was a blast. I was driving the 911 in the video during the outside shots. The GTR is a freak of nature for sure. We all had a blast out there. We were squeezing 29lbs and C16 on the 996TT. We got beat as fair as you can get beat. Thank you to Nico for running that beast and thank you to Tito for letting me be the wheel man for a few passes. Also a big thank you to Jason and Ryan from Shift S3ctor for hosting such an awesome day!

Kindest Regards
Did u jumped earlier? or u pulled him?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor

Betim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8 View Post
Did u jumped earlier? or u pulled him?
No jumping happened in the runs here. I however did jump him once and made it across the line first but I did jump him. I am not sure if that got filmed.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport View Post

Kindest Regards
Betim, it was good seeing you again. i don't think anyone could have driven that 996 better than you. thanks for hanging out and also driving tito's car.

just want to confirm that betim did not jump on these runs shown. there was one where he did and he beat the gtr (i also was not driving the GTR on the two fly-by videos.... good friend of mine was). i pushed record too late and missed that run.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM

randomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud ofrandomquickness has much to be proud of
is there a detailed mod list on that 996tt?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Tags
800, 911, 996, bbi, exhaust, gtr, hiroko, hp, ipd, marissa, nissan, porsche, poursche, sale, tt, turbo