997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT Billet intake manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:14 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
[QUOTE [IMG]https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=314221&dateline=138773 2457[/QUOTE]

Nice work and theory wise narrowing the pockets on the ends of each sides towards the ends pushes the air to the two sides. Here is the manifold it appears you used to mate your center section.

We have had our modified Cup intake (modified for 95 mm TB) air flowed. We also flowed the stock 997tt intake and I believe we still have these numbers. If you have had yours flowed and have the air pressure numbers measured at the runner exits with Pitot tubes I would be willing to share flow information.

Last edited by cjv; 05-06-2022 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:38 AM
PKM
PKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Originally Posted by cjv
[QUOTE [IMG]https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=314221&dateline=138773 2457
Nice work and theory wise narrowing the pockets on the ends of each sides towards the ends pushes the air to the two sides. Here is the manifold it appears you used to mate your center section.

We have had our modified Cup intake (modified for 95 mm TB) air flowed. If you have had yours flowed and have the air pressure numbers measured at the runner exits with Pitot tubes I would be willing to share flow information. [/QUOTE]

Hello,

the inlet tube of ES like it very much, you have revised the tube from the Gt3.

I want about 900 hp at the moment I have the GT2 Plenum installed but this is for services over 700hp no longer quite beneficial.

Now I'm looking for a good intake manifold, or do I have to build it yourself

The flow values ​​are the turbo not priority 1, much more important is the air is evenly distributed so I do not have the cylinder then by too much air to the knock rather tend

i hope you understand my bad english

Old 12-22-2013, 10:48 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PKM

We have had our modified Cup intake (modified for 95 mm TB) air flowed. If you have had yours flowed and have the air pressure numbers measured at the runner exits with Pitot tubes I would be willing to share flow information.
Hello,

the inlet tube of ES like it very much, you have revised the tube from the Gt3.

I want about 900 hp at the moment I have the GT2 Plenum installed but this is for services over 700hp no longer quite beneficial.

Now I'm looking for a good intake manifold, or do I have to build it yourself

The flow values ​​are the turbo not priority 1, much more important is the air is evenly distributed so I do not have the cylinder then by too much air to the knock rather tend

i hope you understand my bad english[/QUOTE]

Yes, I understand what you are saying. Your point is spot on .... this is why I asked if they had the air pressure numbers measured at the runner exits with Pitot tubes. This would tell me if the air was evenly distributed.

I am thinking their design may have merit. The way they narrowed the ends follows the same theory employed on IC's to force the air to the ends of the IC. A test would verify .... hopefully they are on to something.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:00 PM
PKM
PKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura about
Hello,

yes is correct too, but have you this plenum in action? and how is the acceleration when you make the TB open and closed and open ...

is this plenum only good for highs speed on highway, or is the function for track ok or not good.

and hve you look the different oem intake manifold and upgrade manifold?

thanks Peter

Old 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by PKM
Hello,

yes is correct too, but have you this plenum in action? and how is the acceleration when you make the TB open and closed and open ...

is this plenum only good for highs speed on highway, or is the function for track ok or not good.

and hve you look the different oem intake manifold and upgrade manifold?

thanks Peter
Peter I have most of your answers. PM me with your questions as I do not want to disrupt this thread.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:18 AM
PKM
Originally Posted by cjv
Peter I have most of your answers. PM me with your questions as I do not want to disrupt this thread.
i can not write pm to other, i have not 15 postings

Old 12-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Hello Chad,

There aren't any flow numbers yet, i can share when i have a solid flow test results.

I'm also testing our new 90mm billet CNC manufactured throttlebody which is also compatible with STOCK ECU.

To be honest i couldnt see any difference on the road till 1.2 bar, i think there will be difference above 1.8 bar of boost. Will post in a seperate thread when i get the results with high boost.

Here are a few more pictures;

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	v29o.jpg
Views:	3558
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	314451   Click image for larger version

Name:	73xw.jpg
Views:	3406
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	314452  
100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 PM
cjv
[QUOTE=Emre@Esmotor;4008418]Hello Chad,

There aren't any flow numbers yet, i can share when i have a solid flow test results.

I'm also testing our new 90mm billet CNC manufactured throttlebody which is also compatible with STOCK ECU.

To be honest i couldnt see any difference on the road till 1.2 bar, i think there will be difference above 1.8 bar of boost. Will post in a seperate thread when i get the results with high boost.

Here are a few more pictures;

UOTE]

Emre,

I actually believe you may be onto something with your intake. At the very worse once you get the numbers all you may need to do is tweek the shape of your two welded feed sides.

I know exactly what the Cup manifolds flows. It flows a good amount more than the GT2 manifold, however there are some issues not related to cfm. I would like to see your manifold's air pressure numbers measured at the runner exits with Pitot tubes. This measurement calculates the velocity not the CFM. However, in manifolds and head ports, velocity is directly related to flow.

There is an issue using a Cup manifold. This is why I would like to see your pressure numbers for each cylinder. I believe your center piece as designed may address what I already know with the faults of the Cup manifold.

If your manifold is balanced on all six ports and maintains flow I would be interested in purchasing one.

As for your TB. I'll give some free advice based on our tests. A 90 mm TB is nice for upper end power ..... at the sacrifice of lower end power at start. The big surge of air upon TB opening isn't good. Once opened it's nice. You cannot get around this with a single round TB of this size, but you can with an oval TB. We have tested both 95 mm and 105 mm Camero TB's and they work very well in all positions.

To give you an idea of what we have gone through, here is our build. We have left nothing unturned. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-j-maring.html

Finally, if your manifold proves out I hope you have a patent pending as there are so many copy cats out there today.

Last edited by cjv; 05-06-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:20 AM
PKM
Hello,

this version from IPD combined with the gt3 tubes is more easily, what you think about?

in the front you have a good left right distraction and behind can the flow exchange in peace

http://www.ipdplenums.com/products/p...1-cayman-s-dfi

Old 01-21-2014, 09:19 PM
cjv
Emre recently took me up on my offer to have his manifold tested for both flow and balance. He sent his manifold to the test facility who has done all my past testing. I paid for the testing.

I will let Emre disclose what he wishes about the tests. Bottom line is .... after receiving the test results, I will remove my other manifold and buy one of his. I only wish I had this manifold in my hands two years ago.

Last edited by cjv; 01-21-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:57 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Wow that is great to know! Great work Emre, I am sure there will many of these sold in the near future. I love it when people develop new solutions!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:34 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Wow that is great to know! Great work Emre, I am sure there will many of these sold in the near future. I love it when people develop new solutions!
My guess is with a couple of minor tweeks and the addition of a certain item Emre is on the something that will redefine what is currently available as we know it. Even as is, the manifold is a big advancement over any single TB manifold we have flow tested for these motors.

Last edited by cjv; 01-22-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Thank you all guys,

I'm happy to see that manifold proved it self at an un-biased test.

I havent be able to test it on a bench but i made our R&D based on our acceleration test results on the road.

I'm still thinkin about a few tricks to improve it further more...

Here is a picture from the test;

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7qln.jpg
Views:	3505
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	323897  
100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. Do you want to share some data facts of the flow benchmark?

Andreas

Old 01-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Emre -well done on all counts-it is very interesting and even more so if you can explain the net results of your work.

The very fact you were prepared to have independent test completely blind is fantastic-- both in your own desire to see results but especially as you opened your work to the world .It is in sharp contrast with a few others who are not only defensive in promoting their products-- but actively seek to prevent testing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT Billet intake manifold