997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPMS or TPC Disable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM
997TTMeister will become famous soon enough
TPMS or TPC Disable

Does anyone know if you can disable TPC in the computer?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Thanks. Seems straight forward.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Mikkofin is on a distinguished road
What would happen if I just detach the cable from the TPMS control unit?

I am getting sick of the messages on the dashboard and dont have access to durametric pro (only the enthusiast version) at the moment.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mikkofin

I am getting sick of the messages on the dashboard and dont have access to durametric pro (only the enthusiast version) at the moment.
I think you will get a error on the ECU reporting the TPMC unit failure. Not sure if this would throw up a error on the instrument cluster.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by 997TTMeister
I think you will get a error on the ECU reporting the TPMC unit failure. Not sure if this would throw up a error on the instrument cluster.
Thats what I thought as well. Maybe need to upgrade my Durametric to pro version

Old 08-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor
TitanTPMS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mikkofin

I am getting sick of the messages on the dashboard and don't have access to durametric pro (only the enthusiast version) at the moment.
It might affect the performance of the car.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by TitanTPMS
It might affect the performance of the car.
How come?
Its an extra feature / equipment anyway (not included in all 997:s), so disabling it should not cause any problems.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
After spending around $800 (including changing all sensors) with no resolution, I decided I'd had enough flushing away good wine money on the problem and had "a friend" disable the entire system. This has to be done using a computer/durametric. You cannot simply disconnect the mother module. I now check my own tire pressures about every other week, and I'm fine with that. If I have time for cleaning and vacuuming my car, then I have time to check my tire pressures while I'm doing it as well.

Porsche does many things well, but the TPMS and the PCM systems are two that they completely miss the boat on. BMW and Audi both beat the Porsche systems hands down.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:46 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jb in ar
after spending around $800 (including changing all sensors) with no resolution, i decided i'd had enough flushing away good wine money on the problem and had "a friend" disable the entire system. This has to be done using a computer/durametric. You cannot simply disconnect the mother module. I now check my own tire pressures about every other week, and i'm fine with that. If i have time for cleaning and vacuuming my car, then i have time to check my tire pressures while i'm doing it as well.

Porsche does many things well, but the tpms and the pcm systems are two that they completely miss the boat on. Bmw and audi both beat the porsche systems hands down.

+++1

Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
I agree JB

Old 01-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
JB fwiw, I just had a set of TPMS sensors installed recently. Brand new all of them for $141.00. I do have the Durametric Pro and had disabled my OEM ones because they stopped working. I installed and enabled the new sensors and about 5 to 6 miles down the highway, all worked fine. I did not need to lower any pressure at all. All worked from the get go. It was realy simple and I am disappointed that it has not worked out for you.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
JB fwiw, I just had a set of TPMS sensors installed recently. Brand new all of them for $141.00. I do have the Durametric Pro and had disabled my OEM ones because they stopped working. I installed and enabled the new sensors and about 5 to 6 miles down the highway, all worked fine. I did not need to lower any pressure at all. All worked from the get go. It was realy simple and I am disappointed that it has not worked out for you.
My problem is likely in the mother module. I bought one used, but these things apparently can only be set once to a particular VIN. I'm just not willing to spend more good wine and beer money on an unnecessary and usually PITA system to make it work. Like I said in another post, if I have enough time to shine and vac my car, then I have enough time to check TPs manually every week or so - for FREE. Oh, and while we're at it, I miss dipsticks, too!

Old 01-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
^^^me too. Boo to tpms and no dip stick.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JB in AR
After spending around $800 (including changing all sensors) with no resolution, I decided I'd had enough flushing away good wine money on the problem and had "a friend" disable the entire system. This has to be done using a computer/durametric. You cannot simply disconnect the mother module. I now check my own tire pressures about every other week, and I'm fine with that. If I have time for cleaning and vacuuming my car, then I have time to check my tire pressures while I'm doing it as well.

Porsche does many things well, but the TPMS and the PCM systems are two that they completely miss the boat on. BMW and Audi both beat the Porsche systems hands down.
In all fairness Audi and BMW uses the ABS sensors to calculate this, its not actually measuring the pressure directly. And thus much slower to react...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPMS or TPC Disable