997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:46 AM
v10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura about
I recently purchased a car with the evt 700 package on it. I am working my way through the issues with the car and I am 13k in to the process. I have found most all the tuning shops I have tried to do business with to have horrible customer service. Thank God for a good porsche community here in socal to point me in the right direction. I can't get over how insane the porsche tax is. They charge you thousands of dollars and you get almost nothing for it. The one place I got good service from so far was protomotive. They did a mafless tune that really made huge improvements over the crap tune that was in the car. I'm not pointing fingers at any tuner for that because i don't know who did the previous tune.
Luckily I have an outstanding shop that works on my other cars who will fab up the parts I need at a fraction of the price and they stand by their work 100%. I sure hope they stand by their work for you. Their lack of interest in helping me kept me from spending money with them and your story makes sure i won't in the future. Good luck.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:53 AM
v10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura about
One other person who has been insanly good is turbo mike at IPD. Holy cow, that is one stand up guy!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Bluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud of
best of luck OP

I am new to porsches but unfortunately experiences like this are commonplace for other models like BMW m cars as well (where I came from)

I hope you can get your issues resolved. I totally agree BTW with those who are asking how these shops stay in business with this level of service, it is unbelievable. I cannot imagine my boss's reaction if I treated a co-worker or partner with this level of disinterest.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Update: Its 11:30pm my time and 9:30pm AZ time... I just got off the phone w Matthew (sales guy) and he was truly concerned about my situation and wanted to know what HE could do to help. Since he wasnt made aware of my email to Robert I read it to him. I asked Matthew to please get with the higher ups within his company and help reslove this for me. I truly believe Matthew is a stand up guy who basicly does what his superiors ask of him. I believe him when he says he will be at work tomorrow doing his best to better my situation. I look forward to him getting back to me.

medici...thanks for the compliment. And you are absolutely correct about, "two sides to every story".... I tried to share my expierence without making judgments about them as a company. I shared MY expierence...not expierences I "heard" others had. Also based on your outrageous signature....Id try to make you a happy customer as well. Maybe I am just a small fish in a big pond.....who knows?
Matthew is great with customers and Todd, the owner, is a reasonable guy. I'm sure they'll do their best, especially given your situation.

The fact is, we kind of take the good for granted. It's when bad stuff happens that companies get a chance to shine by reacting to problems.

I hope all comes out well for you.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Bluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by medici78
Matthew is great with customers and Todd, the owner, is a reasonable guy. I'm sure they'll do their best, especially given your situation.

The fact is, we kind of take the good for granted. It's when bad stuff happens that companies get a chance to shine by reacting to problems.

I hope all comes out well for you.
sorry mate, cant agree on that.

you are supposed to get what you pay for. completing the job that was paid for is what is expected. anything less is unacceptable.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Damn, dude. This is not cool at all. Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble.

Originally Posted by Bluecrab

you are supposed to get what you pay for. completing the job that was paid for is what is expected. anything less is unacceptable.
I have to agree with this. I've always found the thread thanking shops for doing a good job when they did a standard job with no favors kinda funny. You pay damn good money for a service the minimum you should expect is quality service.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:27 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
triblk6spd -- I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. Hearing about stories like yours just burns me up. It reinforces the risk of sending your car thousands of mile away to get worked on without your supervision. 10 hours of dyno time is excessive. $2100 for coolant pipe welding when they already had your motor out is way excessive. You got ripped off and looking at that crappy weld job, it appears that the welder burned through the housings and you probably have pinhole leaks. You should ask them to pay for a completely new coolant housing. I hope you received a pre-work order estimate. Any additional work needs to be approved by you. Of course we haven't heard Evoms side but there are clearly unresolved problems. You have legal rights. Unfortunately, that's the only way some people respond, sorry to say, is when confronted with legal action. Based on what you presented you have a strong case. Get a lawyer. You should not be timid to exercise that right. It will take a long time to resolve but it's worth it in the end. You will be cutting your ties but there are others who can tune/fix your car and make you whole again.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Omg. Such a horrible story I have to subscribe. I had a real bad feeling when you bought that car, sorry it has gone so badly. I really feel like buying a heavily modded car can be buying someone else's problems.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:25 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v10nut
I recently purchased a car with the evt 700 package on it. I am working my way through the issues with the car and I am 13k in to the process. I have found most all the tuning shops I have tried to do business with to have horrible customer service. Thank God for a good porsche community here in socal to point me in the right direction. I can't get over how insane the porsche tax is. They charge you thousands of dollars and you get almost nothing for it. The one place I got good service from so far was protomotive. They did a mafless tune that really made huge improvements over the crap tune that was in the car. I'm not pointing fingers at any tuner for that because i don't know who did the previous tune.
Luckily I have an outstanding shop that works on my other cars who will fab up the parts I need at a fraction of the price and they stand by their work 100%. I sure hope they stand by their work for you. Their lack of interest in helping me kept me from spending money with them and your story makes sure i won't in the future. Good luck.
Switching to Protomotive is a common theme on this forum...

Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bluecrab

You're missing my point. If people posted a good experience, all the time, the boards would be overflowing with cheery goodness. The bad situations are the exception rather than the norm.

Are you seriously saying humans aren't allowed to make mistakes?

This doesn't excuse leaving a customer hanging high and dry. My point is if something goes bad, the job can come out ahead by doing right by the customer and going above and beyond.

We need to give EVOMS a chance to explain their side before all the considering lawsuits, etc which are even worse than the initial unhappiness.

Last edited by medici78; 06-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:37 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks all for the excellent input.
Lets not get off track here. I dont want a thread filled with people arguing about how "much" we as customers deserve to be treated well. The point here is....I paid (most might say overpaid) for a service that was shoddy..at best..and after making contact with the person in charge (an entire business week ago) I still have not heard a word. I run a small business and definately cant make every single person happy...BUT my personal cell phone is the MAIN contact number on our website. If there is a problem I want to know about it because I understand the value of a happy customer.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear of your problems. Hope there's a happy ending to this down the road. Best,

Old 06-14-2013, 03:41 PM
freddiemac is on a distinguished road
I bought a EVT700 car this year too. It was built back in late 2007.

So far, I have to say that I'm less than impressed with their headers (cracks due to pretty but weak welds, not polished/ported), intercooler had a crack(may not be their fault). And turbos had to be rebuilt (maybe related to the boost leak through IC). I'll post pics later. Also the GIAC tune that came with the car was not good at all (another thread when I have time).

Again, my car has been in the shop as much as in my garage. Hope that makes you feel better that you're not the only one with issue from them..

Old 06-14-2013, 04:34 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Wow

Last edited by yumaverick; 07-07-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:14 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Update: I was contacted by Ian (General Manager at Evolution Motorsports) today. Ian was absolutely interested in my situation and assured me that he had JUST NOW been made aware of my problems. I let him know that I never went any further than Robert as I was kind of left with the impression that Robert was the go-to guy over there. I was made aware that in fact Ian was the manager, not Robert as I had thought. Ian has left me the impression that he is willing to review my invoice and "right" all of my issues. He asked me to give him till Monday to get back with me. That sounded fair. I wait......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*