997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 PM
gkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the rough
I trully wish a happy end to this "mess".

On the other hand, I have to report my personal experience with German tuner Gemballa.

Serious problem reported by me to Gemballa Greek dealer 11am.
By 1pm Gemballa in germany is alerted that one of their cars has a serious problem.
By 4pm Gemballa informs the Greek dealer that "immediate action is under way"

8am next morning Gemballa advises that a tech is flying from Germany to Greece
with the broken part.
By 11 am the tech is working on the car with the help of Greek mechanics.
By 3pm the car is ready.

"Our apologies sir"
Solution given in 24 hours.

COST : ZERO ( 0 ) due to extended Gemballa warranty.

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE !!!

George

Old 06-14-2013, 07:47 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
WOW..horrible thread...don't even know what to say....this is many a reason I let NO ONE touch my cars...simply frightening...

Old 06-14-2013, 08:51 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Update: I was contacted by Ian (General Manager at Evolution Motorsports) today. Ian was absolutely interested in my situation and assured me that he had JUST NOW been made aware of my problems. I let him know that I never went any further than Robert as I was kind of left with the impression that Robert was the go-to guy over there. I was made aware that in fact Ian was the manager, not Robert as I had thought. Ian has left me the impression that he is willing to review my invoice and "right" all of my issues. He asked me to give him till Monday to get back with me. That sounded fair. I wait......
This is good. Ian and Matt always go out of their way to accomodate me. When it comes to customer service, few tuners have gone out of their way to help me like Evoms. I live in TX, but also have a house in AZ and I often fly in on a weekend. They are always willing to accomodate me, sometimes by staying late in the event my flight is delayed, airport pickup, etc.
I'm not saying that you haven't had a bad experience from your perspective. As I said, they deserve a chance to speak on the situation and given the chance to satisfy you as a customer. However since I'm seeing a fair amount of Evoms bashing, I feel the need to speak on my personal, positive, experiences.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
I had a bunch of work done a few months ago, including EVOMSit software. We were going to do the full 775 next spring.... no more. I will find someone else

Old 06-14-2013, 09:41 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Justin, thanks for sharing your story. I like others am very frustrated for you. If there is any true "family" here it's the 6speed members who communicate for the benefit of all.

Like I said in my post to your other thread, I moved from AZ to TX and have been inside the EVOMS facility. There is absolutely no excuse for not addressing this issue with you in a more timely manner. I don't care who your point person is...Rob, Ian, Matt, Todd...etc...this is a business with many years in the game and one that has serviced many 6 speed members. How can they not be more responsive to you one way or the other.

There are many threads here posted by EVOMS where they highlighted their projects cars, builds, Texas results etc. so obviously they know what gets posted here. Why is there not someone their handling PR?

I have no idea what an EVT775 kit costs but to think you wasted another 20k after bonehead (6speed member) spent big money getting it done originally is worrisome. Then you spend another lump sum locally...

Customer says he wants to spend 10k and you bill him for 20k. How about some dialogue along the way to inform him why it needs this work, approval of terms etc. How about some business tact to not discuss this with his wife who may already has concerns about such a big purchase and the stress her husband is going through. Am I missing something here...business 101?

Good luck Justin, I hope you get some sort of information, resolution, piece of mind and apology for how you have been treated.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Gee .. I just read this thread . I am not sure where to start because there are several posts by multiple owners and I'd like to focus on the original post.

The first post began with the Op stating that he bought a used 997tt which showed issues on the PPI . My first question to him is why did you buy the car if it wasn't perfect right out of the gate ?

What do you know about the miles previously driven on that specific car ?

I do feel that a lot of guys buy and modify a car and then drive them so hard and in some cases improperly ruin the car . then they chalk it up to the "that's the way its supposed to be driven" ideology . But when it breaks they dump it so it ends up another used car nightmare .

Now i am not saying that's the case with the Op's car and i don't know why Evoms hasn't replied but maybe its because the entire drama is being aired on a public forum and usually customer relations issues are resolved privately or through legal channels instead of on an internet forum.

I am an original owner of a 997 Turbo which i bought new . I have the Evoms intercoolers , modified Turbos , and tune (EVT700) . My exhaust is not Evoms .. It's a Tubi Race . My intake is Werks1 . I did not send my car to Arizona . I had all the work done right here in Miami and in 6 years of ownership I have had not even one hiccup with the car . I can't be the only one who loves my car .

I don't know if i could send my car thousands of miles away to get it worked on or not get a written estimate to confirm BEFORE any work is done .

Now i read the first post just like everyone else but maybe i have a different perspective because i live in a city where the entire manta is "poor me" so I tend not to become sympathetic unless I have all the facts .. and i don't .

Perhaps Evoms might decide to post or the Op will answer the questons but until that time I'll just read the thread more.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again all for the helpful comments.
To briefly respond to yrralis1.... You might want to reread my post. The questions you posed were mostly answered. The car as a whole had some issues...NOTHING catastrophic....In the end I paid a more than fair price for the car as it sat. The previous owner was a member here and he had a few issues w the car but I found the small amount of hard driving he did was pretty minimal compared to some. As far as how I drive the car....I made a few short (40mph-130mph) pulls w some friends on the way to Houston....and by a few I mean 3...maybe 4. I STILL have not been to 7000rpm!
I am happy that your expierence w EVOMS was and has been good. Mine, thus far has not been. Like I said in a post a few back... It looks as if my situation is being taken very seriously by the management at Evolution Motorsports. I am extremelyhappy about that.
As far as airing my **** out on the internet? Once again...if you reread my post I clearly stated that I had tried to make contact w Robert (who I believed was in charge) with ZERO response.
If you put yourself in my shoes for a moment and try to clearly see my situation you will see I have been as cool and calm as I can be.
There is a LOT more to this story that I have kept to myself. Ill just leave it at that and hope for the best.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:00 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I believe the only reason you're getting attention now is because you decided to post something and are getting honest feedback from this community. The first step is getting their attention which you now have. The second step is actually getting them to take corrective action if warranted. This is where things usually drag out. I would recommend that you confirm all your communications in writing at this point. If you feel like they are delaying, then your hunch is probably correct. Hopefully they will follow through in a timely fashion. You need to feel 100% satisfied when this amount of money is involved. If not, I don't think you have much choice other than to pursue legal recourse.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttdude
i believe the only reason you're getting attention now is because you decided to post something and are getting honest feedback from this community. The first step is getting their attention which you now have. The second step is actually getting them to take corrective action if warranted. This is where things usually drag out. I would recommend that you confirm all your communications in writing at this point. If you feel like they are delaying, then your hunch is probably correct. Hopefully they will follow through in a timely fashion. You need to feel 100% satisfied when this amount of money is involved. If not, i don't think you have much choice other than to pursue legal recourse.
+1 !!

Old 06-15-2013, 12:10 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Most of that is probably dead on. However I must admit, I dont think there is a chance that EVOMS is looking for a dishonest way out if this. After a long talk with Ian at EVOMS today I truly believe that they as a company have identified the problem and plan to take the proper steps to compensate me for my overpayments and payments I made for repairs that were not performed correctly. Call me an optimist.....

Old 06-15-2013, 12:19 AM
giadomi is on a distinguished road
I agree with TT dude. Hope your situation works out for you

Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Most of that is probably dead on. However I must admit, I dont think there is a chance that EVOMS is looking for a dishonest way out if this. After a long talk with Ian at EVOMS today I truly believe that they as a company have identified the problem and plan to take the proper steps to compensate me for my overpayments and payments I made for repairs that were not performed correctly. Call me an optimist.....
They have to do something about it or they will never sell a power kit again. I hope it work out well for you and for the other member having problems with his power kit.....

Last edited by LeoLambo; 06-15-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:32 AM
Lorenzo.TX is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear we could have a happy ending here

Old 06-15-2013, 08:31 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Please correct me if I am wrong but why don't you just dispute the charges with the CCC?

This exactly is the reason why I do most of my correspondence especially car related via email where I have the paper trail to follow.

EVOMS should not only re-do the original invoice but should also reimburse you for the work you had done locally, period.

Think about it this way, since the work was done locally you would now have a local warranty rather than dealing with EVOMS crap later on?

These shops better not under estimate the power of internet

Old 06-15-2013, 09:20 AM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Sorry you have to deal with all this. Hope it ends well. I have to say the first thing I thought was that the post here was probably the only reason you were getting a response. Looks like I'm not alone. Seems like damage control at this point. The most disconcerting thing to consider is what would have happened to you had you not taken this problem to a public forum. It makes me wonder how often things like this happen to guys that don't peruse this or other forums.

From what I know about verbal contracts and how they work in this state, which is pretty limited, a shop is obligated to go over any additional work and get verbal approval for it after discussing pricing and labor involved. My brother is a VAG mechanic/service writer and his shop won't add anything without a call and a verbal agreement. This is an industry wide practice that is in place to protect shops from legal recourse. I can't believe a shop would just add on that much to a bill without discussing it, definitely not the way things should ever be handled.

Hope they step up and you can resolve things amicably. If not I agree with others that have suggested that you have many legal options open to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*