997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Wow- Good luck in the final outcome!

It would behoove EVOMS to get in front of this fast and get an agreeable solution. Until then I certainly would question sending either of my Porsche's to them and something like this with wide distribution would certainly cost them business. They need some damage control and fast.

Walt

Old 06-17-2013, 10:26 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TestJet
I have had an EVT700 then upped it to and EVT775 with dual ecu and other goodies. The car was street tuned by Todd/Evoms for 91oct and 100oct. Although it had 15k on the clock I have never once had an issue in the years I owned it.

Maybe it comes down to the history of the vehicle and how it was cared for vs crapping on a vendor for various issues when it was purchased third party with a few previous owners. Sometimes it appears to be a deal for a reason.

I do agree 100% on the racked up bill and your overall handling of this situation has been superb.

Recently sold it this month in anticipation for a 2014 vehicle.
Testjet, to be fair to the OP he didn't crap on the vendor for the vehicle he purchased third party. He never said that the EVO775 was a "crappy vehicle". He also mentioned he purchased a car he knew needed repairs and He shared his experience with EVO's handling of those repairs followed by an outrageous bill.

He clearly detailed that the vendor did not repair the defects as expected, the oil and coolant continued to leak and they charged him a ridiculous amount for shoddy and inadequate repairs.

I think he was fair and balanced.

Art

Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again gents. I recived an email from Ian (EVOMS GM) today with a very serious offer to restore my faith in their business. I will be speaking w Ian tomorrow with and Im pretty sure this entire issue will be resolved by close of business.
Those of you that really read my intial post and understood that I really felt like I was between a rock and a hard place....thank you for that.
As you can tell this entire thread was started to help ME remedy my situation w a vendor.....NOT to bash a vendor or spread hate, rumors or lies.
As I said...I truly feel like a fair resolution is within grasp.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
If they want business from this and many other forums, they have to make sure you get your cat back to normal ASAP

Old 06-17-2013, 10:55 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Sometimes to get justice one needs to go to extremes. It's unfortunate but that's life. I'm glad the moderators did not close this thread which they have done in previous cases (for whatever reason) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es-my-car.html. Good luck and hope you get the resolution you seek.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTdude
Switching to Protomotive is a common theme on this forum...
I found this to be true when I was researching what tuner to use and is one of the main reasons I chose Protomotive. Couldnt be happier.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Thanks again gents. I recived an email from Ian (EVOMS GM) today with a very serious offer to restore my faith in their business. I will be speaking w Ian tomorrow with and Im pretty sure this entire issue will be resolved by close of business.
Those of you that really read my intial post and understood that I really felt like I was between a rock and a hard place....thank you for that.
As you can tell this entire thread was started to help ME remedy my situation w a vendor.....NOT to bash a vendor or spread hate, rumors or lies.
As I said...I truly feel like a fair resolution is within grasp.
Congrats (hopefully not pre-mature)

I am very impressed with how you handled this, it would have been very easy to bash/name call/become emotional about this, you handled it very objectively and with professionalism. Kudos!

And kudos to EVOMS for stepping up.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
The question however remains, even if they remedy this issue, what would they do to avoid such a level of incompetence (leaky coolant/sloppy welds/extra charges/no post work warranty) etc etc.

With shops like Champion/Switzer/Proto to name few, their is not much room for error when it comes to customer service

Old 06-18-2013, 08:04 AM
nevert00fast will become famous soon enoughnevert00fast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by quick
The question however remains, even if they remedy this issue, what would they do to avoid such a level of incompetence (leaky coolant/sloppy welds/extra charges/no post work warranty) etc etc.

With shops like Champion/Switzer/Proto to name few, their is not much room for error when it comes to customer service
Couldn't agree more, the damage is done here. They should've resolved the issue before it reached the public forum. Would you hand them your hard earned money knowing this happened to a member? I wouldn't.....

Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quick

There is definately some truth to that. I think that when EVOMS makes a post to explain this situation and informs you all of what changes have ben made to make sure this doesnt happen again, that question will be answered. I can assure you the steps already taken by EVOMS have been drastic as has their commitment l, so far to make me a happy customer.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
There is definately some truth to that. I think that when EVOMS makes a post to explain this situation and informs you all of what changes have ben made to make sure this doesnt happen again, that question will be answered. I can assure you the steps already taken by EVOMS have been drastic as has their commitment l, so far to make me a happy customer.
Great to hear. People do make mistakes and it's good to give them a chance to correct them. They need to do what is fair, even if it means losing money. I had a vendor once do some work for me -- it was shoddy. They redid it completely and it turned out very nice. Plus the vendor sent me back a check for the original amount because he felt bad. I could have cashed the check but I sent it back saying you recognized the problem, took full responsibility, corrected it, and that is what was most meaningful to me.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM
v10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
We supported a very small number of 997s with those kits, and even then the software was only beta. There weren't any public files available as we parted ways before the full release of that kit. Most of them were swapped out long ago anyways. We have done some custom files on them and customers have been very happy with those. Did your car still have switching? Sorry for the threadjack, OP.
The car did come with a GIAC swith tune cable but it was no longer functional. I can only assume that the previous owner had it retuned. The mafless tune has been great so far but now I am chasing down a boost leak.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:21 PM
cp supreme is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nevert00fast
Definitely, you have more details on the runs? Interested to see how bad it was.
I don't. It was pretty close but I was without a doubt out in front. I was just bracing myself to get left in the dust so I was surprised.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v10nut
The car did come with a GIAC swith tune cable but it was no longer functional. I can only assume that the previous owner had it retuned. The mafless tune has been great so far but now I am chasing down a boost leak.
If the cable was unable to switch, the software was removed for EVO software.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Update: Evolution Motorsports and I have come to an agreement on how to best remedy my situation. I will let EVOMS make a post on their behalf in case they would like to keep the exact terms or our agreement to themselves. Thanks again for all of the helpful input you have all added to my thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*