See pics below. First pic is the rear drop link, second pic is the front drop link.
I am not entirely clear on your questions but 5 main points I could think of, hope this helps:
1. Heim joints MUST have a cone washer
(aka spacer in pic below) on either side.
2. Cone washers come in different thickness
. In first picture below you see a thin one on one side, and a thick one on the other side. Ira will send you whatever you need.
3. You would like the force vector to be straight
, not at angle. See pic of the rear drop link below. The angle was too much and that thick cone washer was later replaced.
4. If there is a choice of either, the in-between cases, use the thinner
cone washer (versus thicker). You would like point that the force acts on to be as close to the sway bar as possible (ie thinner cone allows the point of force exerting to be closer to either mounting point, on sway bar or on the coilover).
5. The front drop link, whether stock or Tarett, must be in the outboard position
or it's going to pop out of its socket.