997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wash, seal, wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:50 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Wash, seal, wax

Just got done cleaning the turbo with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash followed by Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish on an orange pad with a PC then topped with Todd Cooperider's Esoteric Signature Series Wax. It's 115 today and I'm happy I bought an evaporative cooler for the garage yesterday.

Attached Images       
Old 06-30-2013, 03:53 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
looks good!!
dang 115 degrees?? I though it was bad down here in TX with 105 degrees.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:08 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely love an ultra clean yellow Turbo. Which cooler did you get? Do you like it? Any other remarks? I ask as Im in the market....

Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Absolutely love an ultra clean yellow Turbo. Which cooler did you get? Do you like it? Any other remarks? I ask as Im in the market....
This is what I bought: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Champion-...0#.UdCs0xbvNsg
I have a 2 car garage and it cooled it down some, but it was still really hot outside. I guess the max you can get is 20 degrees cooler with one off these vs any temp with an AC. I didn't get the AC because of the needed an exhaust.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:01 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
your car looks great, thanks for sharing the pics! it's the best feeling knowing she's protected against the heat and sun.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:20 PM
MrJohnT is on a distinguished road
Looks great! Props to you for doing all that work in 115 heat! I'd be getting sweat all over the paint haha

Old 06-30-2013, 08:34 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Looks incredible doc!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
I am going to assume you bought the ac unit for your comfort while in the garage working on your baby versus buy it to cool the garage for your baby

Old 07-01-2013, 03:15 AM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
1st pic is amazing! Yellow is looking great on your car

Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
nice work, and boy is that hot..news here said it was 129 deg in death valley

Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
love the work. just for info for next time C/G black light is designed for darker color cars. i would suggest some POOR BOYS white diamond instead. you will love the feel!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That turned out great. That's just a touch to warm for me, and I thought 104 was hot last year here.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Nice job! BTW, your car is the only other Turbo I have seen with the factory no-cost option AM antenna on the roof! I have it on mine and I think it looks cool

Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks cor the heads up w the cooler. Im gonna check that out. Thinking of just cutting a hole in my garage and installing a window unit. Working on a HOT Austin summer already...

Old 07-04-2013, 07:15 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Sweet ride and I love that you are into keeping it detailed. I would suggest looking into coatings like EXO or CQuartz simply because the AZ heat is hell on wax. I have used the EXO v1 very easy and lasts like crazy.

Keep up the good work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wash, seal, wax