997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What I learned about Porsches and McLarens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM
gkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the rough
Bob,

Enjoy your new diamond toy in good health !

As for the member with all the negative insinuations, I am obliged to say with all due respect, that whether true or not, it is extremely bad taste ( socially ), to make such bold and unstubstantiated claims, when someone is enjoying his brand new McLaren for the first weekend and is sharing his joy here on the board.

Just my 0.02

George

Old 08-25-2013, 04:03 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gkinvest
Bob,

Enjoy your new diamond toy in good health !

As for the member with all the negative insinuations, I am obliged to say with all due respect, that whether true or not, it is extremely bad taste ( socially ), to make such bold and unstubstantiated claims, when someone is enjoying his brand new McLaren for the first weekend and is sharing his joy here on the board.

Just my 0.02

George
+1
couldn't agree more

Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
A real beauty Bob! Enjoy in good health...

Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
wow bob i go away for a week and you have changed it all up!
well utmost congrats, enjoy it in good health, hope you will still be sticking around here!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 AM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
Outstanding! - I was just watching a re-run of an old TopGear when Clarkson was driving the MP4-12C. Although Clarkson brought up a few reasons why he thought the 458 was more to his liking - The McLaren rocked the track and looked great. I think one of his comments was something like the car does exactly what it was designed to do...to pefection - and as such did not make it as much fun as the 458. Really? I don't expect to drive one anytime soon, but it looked fcking fun!

Enjoy and post more pix/comments!

RD

Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Thank you for all the kind comments - as far as a few members that have pointed out flaws in the 12C, I am open to all opinions. McLaren has only produced one other vehicle for the general public, and in limited numbers, the F1 was a fantastic vehicle. The 12C is their first mass produced vehicle - their are going to be growing pains in development...the more I know, the better.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Bob,
you're a class act! Very happy for your new car and hope to read more and more reviews from you and other owners about these amazing cars.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Thank you for all the kind comments - as far as a few members that have pointed out flaws in the 12C, I am open to all opinions. McLaren has only produced one other vehicle for the general public, and in limited numbers, the F1 was a fantastic vehicle. The 12C is their first mass produced vehicle - their are going to be growing pains in development...the more I know, the better.
First I want to congratulate you on buying an amazing car !! I love the 12C and have made every effort not to test drive one because I would want one .

As for the reliability comments I did hear that when the car first arrived it came with growing pains but the informal chatter that i here in current time is that any snags were completely ironed out. This can be said about Porsche too . Initial 997 cars and 991 cars were not exempt from hiccups .

Bob .. you made a great choice !!! I wish I lived in a place where I could drive a car like the 12C daily as my region seems to have a lot of road construction and the the lowest common denominator of driver skill and coutesy seems to be the local norm.

I truly enjoyed reading the write up !!
Best wishes with a great car !!!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Damn you Bob... now you have me thinking about a McLaren.

I wonder how reliable these will be once they get into higher millage. Also any clue on servicing costs, periods? I would imagine costs would be in Ferrari territory(?)

Finally - congrats!!! Sooo jealous!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you like your Mp4-12c. Its true enthusiast like you that bring justice to the most fanstatic car on that market. All the critics about this car were full of misinformations. Owner like us who are not fix to any brand will drive it the ways its meant to be driven and tell it likeit is. This is truly one of the fastest handling car on the market. Tons video out there have shown it will out anything under 800hp.
Chat to you more on mlife.

Last edited by vincentdds; 08-29-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Glad you like your Mp4-12c. Its true enthusiast like you that bring justice to the most fanstatic car on that market. All the critics about this car were full of misinformations. Owner like us who are not fix to any brand will drive it the ways its meant to be driven and tell it likeit is. This is truly one of the fastest handling car on the market. Tons video out there have shown it will out anything under 800hp.
Chat to you more on mlife.
I think there is a recent video around here of the '14 475hp GT3 beating it handily around a track... just saying. I love the 12c and am considering one

Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thackl
I think there is a recent video around here of the '14 475hp GT3 beating it handily around a track... just saying. I love the 12c and am considering one
As I have stated, critics are full of it. Let the real owners be the critics. Do you really believe the new Gt3 can outrun the 12c.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 PM
The Doctor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thackl
Tires?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Tires?
Ahh, like those killer ring times for the GTR

Were they on different tires?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What I learned about Porsches and McLarens