997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Motor Mounts (specifically OEM).. what options do we have ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Motor Mounts (specifically OEM).. what options do we have ?

Gents,
my motor mounts are shot. confirmed it this weekend.

what options do we have beside "semi solid". i dont want to have any vibration in the cabin, but i need my motor to stay put.

porsche makes THREE different types of mounts for our cars.
They make one specifically for the Cabriolet, they make one for ALL of our cars, and they make a specific one for gt2 ($350 EACH).

does anyone have any experience ? What are my options ?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:55 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
I would just go for the GT2 mounts then if you don't want aftermarket mounts.

I'm sure they would fit but always good to double check!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
i have the RSS semi solid mount, yes you do feel a little vibration for the first couple of hours. after that you wont notice the vibration AT ALL, the way the car handles now is like almost night n day

Originally Posted by Steve K ny
Gents,
my motor mounts are shot. confirmed it this weekend.

what options do we have beside "semi solid". i dont want to have any vibration in the cabin, but i need my motor to stay put.

porsche makes THREE different types of mounts for our cars.
They make one specifically for the Cabriolet, they make one for ALL of our cars, and they make a specific one for gt2 ($350 EACH).

does anyone have any experience ? What are my options ?

Old 08-19-2013, 04:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
honestly it's so hard to tell any difference on the OEM ones... and to give you an idea pretty much all of the GT2/GT3's we work on end up getting these anyway:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=335

Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
yllw, sharky, are these solid or semisolid ? what you think of the new porsche motormounts (the electronic ones) ?
i was thinking of getting those, and wiring them to my shocks, so when i put pasm on stiff, the motor mounts "turn on" per say.

i really dont want to deal with a vibrating motor while im on the phone or having a conversation with someone (my car is quiet on the inside). and i mainly use it for long cruises, so i definitely dont want to sacrifice comfort. when im not driving it on the highway, i am sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in manhattan..

Last edited by DNugget991GT3; 08-19-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 PM
how do the rss mounts compare to these ?

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Factory Porsche 964RS semi solid engine mounts . Proven product. Just a hint of vibration at idle otherwise smooth with no additional NVH..
I've had these on my track car for 2+ years and they are great.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Code=997TURBO

Last edited by pwdrhound; 08-19-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
RSS motor mounts looks and built quality is as good as it gonna get. AWD also has great quality products,

Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 PM
you will feel a little buzzzz from the engine but in no way you re gonna hear it.

i really dont want to deal with a vibrating motor while im on the phone or having a conversation with someone (my car is quiet on the inside). and i mainly use it for long cruises, so i definitely dont want to sacrifice comfort. when im not driving it on the highway, i am sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in manhattan..

Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
How does one know when his motor mounts are shot? What is there to wear out? thanks js

Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
I was interested in hearing if anyone had any experience with these Torque Solution mounts as well? Anyone??

DC

Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
yllw, sharky, are these solid or semisolid ? what you think of the new porsche motormounts (the electronic ones) ?
i was thinking of getting those, and wiring them to my shocks, so when i put pasm on stiff, the motor mounts "turn on" per say.

I have the hydraulic ones in my 2011RS. I had the regular ones in my 2010 and the RSS in my 07RS. All were a-ok in traffic but it was hard to tell the difference on the mk2 cars. The hydraulic ones would not be an easy retrofit and expensive... The car with the least slop was the 07 with the rss semi solid.
Those are pretty similar and a good choice too

Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
996tt x73 motor mounts, similar to the rs964 mounts.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
I've read nothing but good things about the RSS mounts... My car is really sloppy/bouncy going into gear so I think I am going to try them out. I drive a cab and almost always have the top down so I'm not too concerned about NVH.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by roybotnik
I've read nothing but good things about the RSS mounts... My car is really sloppy/bouncy going into gear so I think I am going to try them out. I drive a cab and almost always have the top down so I'm not too concerned about NVH.
Yep they sure do help out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts (specifically OEM).. what options do we have ?