997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive tuned 997.1 E85 Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:50 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Yes I have them on paper, I will post them as soon as I can scan them.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Great number!!!, wish I see more E85 gas stations near me.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Oh rix.... gauntlet has been thrown down sir.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20131106_191242%25280%2529.jpg
Views:	1564
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	297716  
Old 11-06-2013, 07:25 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Congrats!!! You definitely have 5's in your future!

Old 11-24-2013, 08:09 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
To be fair the 60-130 posted above is from Chkmgnt's car, not mine. I still need to meet up with him and p-box a run in my car.

In looking at the 587whp dyno plot in more detail for my car I think there is a little spike at the end where the car ran into the dyno brake. The other highest pull is 580whp, I think that's the correct graph to post. I don't have a print out of that one, but will soon when I go back to the dyno.

I just installed some new turbo inlet pipes this week, so I will be taking the car back to the dyno as soon as I can to see if there is any gains to be had there. I'll have T1 print out the 580whp graph so I can post it here while I am there.

Dan

Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Hey Rix, how's the car running so far? I assume your clutch is holding the power just fine. Also, do you have any difficult starting during the cold winter months? I've noticed that not everybody plays with the appropriate cold start fueling maps when retuning for E85.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
To be fair the 60-130 posted above is from Chkmgnt's car, not mine. I still need to meet up with him and p-box a run in my car.

In looking at the 587whp dyno plot in more detail for my car I think there is a little spike at the end where the car ran into the dyno brake. The other highest pull is 580whp, I think that's the correct graph to post. I don't have a print out of that one, but will soon when I go back to the dyno.

I just installed some new turbo inlet pipes this week, so I will be taking the car back to the dyno as soon as I can to see if there is any gains to be had there. I'll have T1 print out the 580whp graph so I can post it here while I am there.

Dan

Any news on the inlet upgrades and any 60-130#'s

Old 02-09-2014, 01:55 PM
rix
Hey guys,

I've got the AMS inlets on the car - I can definitely tell a difference, but I haven't been able to get the car back on the dyno. I'm having some sort of problem unrelated to the inlet pipes, but related to the install. Trying to get that sorted out and I should have a full review of the inlet pipes and dyno numbers shortly.

As for cold start, first start of the day in my garage is a little goofy but other than that everything is fine.

Dan

Old 02-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Yea cold start with the colder weather we've been having has been annoying. Its not so much the turning over to get it going, its the damn smoking until its warmed up. Always worries me for a second before it registers that cold mezger + e85 will smoke on startup :-)

Old 02-10-2014, 11:55 PM
rix
I've been meaning to email Todd and see if he has any updates, or wants some logs to clean up the warmup sections of the map but have barely even had time to look at the car lately.

I was going to take the car over to our friends in Plano tomorrow to see about getting my issue resolved, but no way I'm doing that now with Icemageddon hitting.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:20 PM
rix
Looks like there was a brake line not properly secured that was contacting the transmission (flapping) under load when the chassis squats. That doesn't really give me a warm fuzzy feeling, but I basically took the car off the road until I had the time to get it figured out.

There's still something a little goofy noise wise out of it, but that was apparently about 90% of it. Hopefully I've the car back in a couple of days and can get back to the dyno to test out the AMS inlets pipes.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:10 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
Looks like there was a brake line not properly secured that was contacting the transmission (flapping) under load when the chassis squats. That doesn't really give me a warm fuzzy feeling, but I basically took the car off the road until I had the time to get it figured out.

There's still something a little goofy noise wise out of it, but that was apparently about 90% of it. Hopefully I've the car back in a couple of days and can get back to the dyno to test out the AMS inlets pipes.

Glad to hear you figured it out. Looking forward to your new dyno numbers!

Old 03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
was this with a full tank of e85? (meaning 100% e85?) or a blend (like 93 and e85) ?

Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 PM
rix
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Glad to hear you figured it out. Looking forward to your new dyno numbers!
Well, I haven't actually figured it out. The shop that had it told me it was fixed, but it wasn't. I have been trying to track it down now for several months.

I thought I had it again, I had the local Porsche dealer take a crack at it and they reported the noise was the Diverter valves...

Well, I took the factory ones off and sure enough the diaphragm on the driver side was torn. I replaced them with Forge diverter's from Sam, took the car out for a test drive tonight and no dice... I'm about to lose my mind.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rix
Well, I haven't actually figured it out. The shop that had it told me it was fixed, but it wasn't. I have been trying to track it down now for several months.

I thought I had it again, I had the local Porsche dealer take a crack at it and they reported the noise was the Diverter valves...

Well, I took the factory ones off and sure enough the diaphragm on the driver side was torn. I replaced them with Forge diverter's from Sam, took the car out for a test drive tonight and no dice... I'm about to lose my mind.
That sucks man. Hang in there - those little annoyances can drive someone to go wild.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive tuned 997.1 E85 Results