997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modified Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Fskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to behold
What is the latest? Anyone spend some time at the track with this mod and with the stock set up?

Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fskof
What is the latest? Anyone spend some time at the track with this mod and with the stock set up?
I've been to Watkins glen and mont tremblant and the handling is really good.

But I'm not totally stock:
Gmg sways
Tech art springs
Tarret Camber plates
-2.4 front, -1.9 rear camber
Tarret droplinks

Next week at thompson which is a much tighter course, so it will be interesting to see how it handles.

I track in setting 3, the few instructors that I took for rides complimented on how dialed in the car is and how it felt.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 PM
made2trade is on a distinguished road
No problem at all with the blinking lights Harris. I'll pay $1,100 anytime for such much-desired mod without the hassle of messing with the suspension physically. IMO, the improvement is worth more than I what I paid for!!! In fact, my mechanic didn't want to charge me for a 15-minute job. But I gave him $50 tip. After driving for about 50 miles up and down the hills, I was so impressed that I went back and gave him another $50! Gotta pay to play!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Rather disappointing experience with TPC.
Not product or service related - actually service/communication was fantastic, and Harris was as helpful as could be under the circumstances.

The problem was on their business rule side...

I think they are the only vendor in North America that don't except international (well Canadian is "hardly" international) credit cards. Not even an American Express (with a Canadian billing address). So after a few weeks of back and forth, and them asking for a bank transfer or check, I gave up. I only us CC for international purchases due to insurance provided by my CC.

I was throwing $$$ at them, and nary would they take it.
So I have to say I'm a bit disappointed, and extremely jealous of the rest of you flaunting your new wares!

Thus I diverted my attention to some other goodies... Step in SportsCarBoutique (RSS, GiroDisc) and NumericRacing... three large shipments, at a steal of a deal, totalling just under 7k

First arrived today...

...more to follow

Last edited by pureporsche; 07-28-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:02 PM
CobaltTurbo will become famous soon enough
Dsc

Harris

I am interested in getting in on group buy of the DSC. Please let me know. Last group purchase I did was for Vivid DRLs which I have had on for around 3 years and am still happy!!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:07 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Tpc

Bought my unit today.
From Canada as well. Paid w Paypal charged to my Cdn CC.
Cant wait to install it.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:15 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by farfel
Bought my unit today.
From Canada as well. Paid w Paypal charged to my Cdn CC.
Cant wait to install it.
Really?
Harris, you mentioned you don't accept PayPal?
Comment please?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Really?
Harris, you mentioned you don't accept PayPal?
Comment please?
The owner has just created a PayPal account for the company about a week ago and we can now accept PayPal.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:59 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CobaltTurbo
Harris

I am interested in getting in on group buy of the DSC. Please let me know. Last group purchase I did was for Vivid DRLs which I have had on for around 3 years and am still happy!!

PM sent!

Old 07-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Hampi is on a distinguished road
I have problems to find the PASM Unit. Does anybody have pictures of the exact location? Would be highly appreciated...

Old 07-31-2014, 02:49 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hampi
I have problems to find the PASM Unit. Does anybody have pictures of the exact location? Would be highly appreciated...
I don't have a picture but its near impossible to not see it. Just pull down the carpet in the passenger foot well on the upper right hand side near the door. You need to unscrew the foam footwell ceiling cover to do this. Then just pull down carpet and its the only box that looks similiar to the TPC box

See pics above, you don't need to remove bracket the PASM box is in, it just clips out. Simply unplug old, unclip old, snap in new, plug connector back in and its done.

Added: Oops, not knowing if your car is right handed driver, things may be opposite.

Last edited by Winnilaker; 07-31-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
For both right and left hand drive cars, it is the passenger side under the glove box.

Take off the right side tab on the soft panel under the glove box area and pull it away and pull off the carpet from the right side. You will then see the PASM box up a bit on right side of footwell. Pry up the tab on the unit and it will slide out toward you, then remove the wiring harness and take off the bracket attached to PASM computer. Install the bracket back in it's slots and attach wire to the DSC computer then put DSC back into bracket that is secured to its mount.

I hope this helps!

Old 08-01-2014, 07:39 PM
CobaltTurbo will become famous soon enough
Step change with TPC Racing DSC

Installed in 5 minutes without instructions and virtually zero mechanical skill.

Wow. Step change in ride quality. 3 blinks best for twisties, but two blinks is the goldilocks solution for daily driving.

One of those simple, though not cheap, changes that make a person smile.....

Fast delivery, easy to deal with. Rate this mod 5 stars.

Rest of suspension still stock. May do sway bars and act happy until the next mod!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Hampi is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys for the instructions; once you have found the box, the exchange is as easy as it gets.

Car feels more planted now, not harder. For me with damptronic und sway bars, seeting 3 really feels sporty and fast, setting 2 ist good for relaxed driving.

This box definitely makes this car more fun to drive

Old 08-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Hampi
Thanks guys for the instructions; once you have found the box, the exchange is as easy as it gets.

Car feels more planted now, not harder. For me with damptronic und sway bars, seeting 3 really feels sporty and fast, setting 2 ist good for relaxed driving.

This box definitely makes this car more fun to drive
Glad the install was easy and that you are enjoying your car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified Stock Suspension