997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modified Stock Suspension

Old 08-14-2014, 11:19 AM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
The DSC computer works with both Gen 1 and Gen 2.
Cool, thanks.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Banned
betonred is on a distinguished road
has anyone tried the ohlins dfv setup yet?

Old 08-19-2014, 05:12 PM
PHIKEL will become famous soon enoughPHIKEL will become famous soon enough
Talking

Ordered my DSC from Harris today. This should finish off the upgrades I plan to do on my car.
From here on out I just plan to drive it !

Harris and TPC are a top notch Vendor to deal with, I highly recommend them.

Kelly

Old 08-19-2014, 06:17 PM
grendel88 is on a distinguished road
Just got mine today. I have 997.2 TTS stock suspension with Sharkwerks exhaust delete. Got it a three months ago and have only put 1500 miles on so far.

I live in Northern California in the hills. There are potholes, there are rough patches, my driveway is steep so I slightly scrape my front lip every time I drive out. So as much as I would love to lower my car...no.

I just drove home: 12 miles or so. Hit every bad bump on my standard commute. Simply, this thing kicks ***! I mostly left it in the 2nd setting, and while the ride is firm, it does absorb 90% of the crap bumps like what others have said. Just goofing around on some of my neighborhood roads, the car does stay flatter without skipping, and the rear end is more predictable through throttle input. Overall, a really, really nice purchase and worth every penny.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 AM
Since the group buy is basically going nowhere I'd like to buy now.

Harris, please PM me with the info I need. I have a 2011 997.2 Turbo

Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Hi Harris,

Do you guys accept Canadian Credit Cards yet?

Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Roadie will become famous soon enoughRoadie will become famous soon enough
Pricing please for my 2009 997.1 Turbo

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Hi Harris,

Do you guys accept Canadian Credit Cards yet?
We will accept PayPal for orders placed from outside of the US.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 AM
I just had the chance to install the DSC and drive my car (997.2 TT) for a good while and I will say it kicks ***!

It literally feels like I just installed new suspension. I will say that the changes are subtle from mode to mode in normal driving. It's not until you really push the car and/or put some speed under you that you feel the differences between the modes.

I'm lucky enough to have a school parking lot across the street from my house with a really nice track layout....lol..... Where I had the chance to run around the track, err, parking lot and test each setting. 3 is by far my favorite as it has the most responsive and tight feeling when pushed. After today I will just leave it in mode 3 and probably never touch the PASM button again.

That being said, setting 1 is night and day different. It almost felt like I was in my Audi S6 again. It's just that much smoother and softer while still being nice and taught. What I mean by this is the choppiness and over dampened feel of the suspension is all but gone. It absorbs bumps soooooo much better.

I can't wait to drive to work on Tuesday so I can really drive it like I do every day and on the roads I know really well.

And for those that complain about the blinking light..... Come on. You don't even see it. Ever.

Last edited by NickS; 08-31-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:02 AM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Bad Luck

I ordered the DSC from Harris. Didn't take long to switch parts. As soon as it was plugged in, a CEL came on and in Sport mode said Failure. I drove it around for an hour testing the 3 settings, all were horrible. I spoke w Harris who gave me quick replies always and asked that I return his unit and the OE to see why they aren't compatible. Didn't want to do this but returned unit for a refund which also came fast. Great customer service but very disappointed after reading all these great reviews.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NickS
I just had the chance to install the DSC and drive my car (997.2 TT) for a good while and I will say it kicks ***!

It literally feels like I just installed new suspension. I will say that the changes are subtle from mode to mode in normal driving. It's not until you really push the car and/or put some speed under you that you feel the differences between the modes.

I'm lucky enough to have a school parking lot across the street from my house with a really nice track layout....lol..... Where I had the chance to run around the track, err, parking lot and test each setting. 3 is by far my favorite as it has the most responsive and tight feeling when pushed. After today I will just leave it in mode 3 and probably never touch the PASM button again.

That being said, setting 1 is night and day different. It almost felt like I was in my Audi S6 again. It's just that much smoother and softer while still being nice and taught. What I mean by this is the choppiness and over dampened feel of the suspension is all but gone. It absorbs bumps soooooo much better.

I can't wait to drive to work on Tuesday so I can really drive it like I do every day and on the roads I know really well.

And for those that complain about the blinking light..... Come on. You don't even see it. Ever.
Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your car!

Old 09-02-2014, 11:33 AM
PHIKEL will become famous soon enoughPHIKEL will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Follow-up on my DSC unit. I received the unit within a day or two of placing my order. Once I installed the unit (very easy install as described by others) I had the same issue as "farfel" "Sport Failure Mode".
I contacted Harris, we reviewed the issue. He then had his engineering department review the information on my factory stock DSC unit (I sent a picture which had the bar code visible). Within two days the new unit arrived. I installed it yesterday and everything worked perfectly. Regarding the different modes you really need to take the car out on the road and test them. I agree with all of the other comments on this thread, the change is night and day. Highly recommend Harris and the TPC group.
One last comment, I don't even notice the flashing light when driving the car.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:09 PM
TJ Elliott has a spectacular aura aboutTJ Elliott has a spectacular aura about
Harris, i have a 997.1 C4S that I believe only has a 2 axis accelerometer. I assume I'd need to add a 3 axis accelerometer to benefit from the DSC unit. Can you please confirm that this is the case and if so is there a 3 axis accelerometer available for the 997.1 C4S?

Last edited by TJ Elliott; 09-02-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TJ Elliott
Harris, i have a 997.1 C4S that I believe only has a 2 axis accelerometer. I assume I'd need to add a 3 axis accelerometer to benefit from the DSC unit. Can you please confirm that this is the case and if so is there a 3 axis accelerometer available for the 997.1 C4S?
All of the .1 cars need a 3-axis accelerometer. The .1 Turbo is the only .1 car that does not need an accelerometer with the DSC box as they came with them from the factory. That is the accelerometer that was then used for all of the .2 cars. We do have the 3-axis accelerometers in stock and will send wiring instructions along with all kits going out.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Roadie will become famous soon enoughRoadie will become famous soon enough
I got my TPC Racing DSC installed. I love it! It's nice to have an option besides the stock super stiff sport setting. My wife is happy too on setting 1.
A great mod, wish I had done it earlier.
Nice going guys! A great unit, and so easy to install too.
Thanks.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified Stock Suspension