997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Post your exhaust videos here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 AM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Here is the bbi, they call it Stage 2, in my opinion one of the best around, love the tone, and the turbo whistle is something else.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Old 01-12-2014, 12:24 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997ttR
Here is the bbi, they call it Stage 2, in my opinion one of the best around, love the tone, and the turbo whistle is something else.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Looking forward to you posting your Borla as well!

How does your Borla sound compare to the BBI exhaust sound? BBI has cats after the 90deg bend but no mufflers. At WOT sounds like a GT3 RS. Higher pitched than the others as the revs climb so a bit more of an exotic tone.

After searching around for a while I think I'm going with the BBI unit.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by longboarder
Looking forward to you posting your Borla as well! How does your Borla sound compare to the BBI exhaust sound? BBI has cats after the 90deg bend but no mufflers. At WOT sounds like a GT3 RS. Higher pitched than the others as the revs climb so a bit more of an exotic tone. After searching around for a while I think I'm going with the BBI unit.
I Can't tell yet because I just drove from the shop home and didn't had the chance to listen to it closely neither from the outside, but I will post a clip tomorrow.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM
toymr2trd is on a distinguished road
I've been hoping for a thread like this! OP thanks so much you'll be saving a lot of us time searching for the right exhaust. So far I really like the Fabspeed Xpipe supersport one. Whoever has that please upload and your specs would really help.

Thanks guys

Old 01-13-2014, 02:32 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
I am really liking the straight pipe sound but I think after the novelty wore off it would bother me.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Borla Exhaust System/Aftermarket Headers
Here are some clips finally....
In my honest opinion is way better then stock but not the best, miss the turbo whistle 😞, next mods are AP cold air intake and blow off valves, hopefully helps the turbos a bit......

Cold Start

Revs

Inside cab

Drive By's

Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting keep em coming guys don't be shy!!!

Old 01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Seeing as some Pcar owners are in the wonderful state of California. I raise the question now. Do any of you have and worries or issues w/ our local law enforcement with an exhaust? Currently switched my mind from the fabspeed one to the EB Werks exhaust. Wondering what kind of headaches I can attract going this route. I'm mainly in the Newport Beach / Irvine area.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Not the best video, but not bad. Shot HD on a GoPro. Kline 997.1 exhaust with 200 cell cats. Cold start and some revs once warmed up.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by toymr2trd
Seeing as some Pcar owners are in the wonderful state of California. I raise the question now. Do any of you have and worries or issues w/ our local law enforcement with an exhaust? Currently switched my mind from the fabspeed one to the EB Werks exhaust. Wondering what kind of headaches I can attract going this route. I'm mainly in the Newport Beach / Irvine area.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've been driving my fully catless supercharged e92 M3 for almost a year-and-a-half now on my daily commute from my house in Monarch Beach to my office on the Newport/Irvine area near Jamboree/MacArthur. I see police but they don't give me another look. And my M3 is LOUD (much louder than a catless flat 6). My M3 is not obnoxiously loud and no rasp but a lot of bass from Akrapovic mufflers with MRF Engineering X Pipe and every car near me can feel it. So I know the police hear/feel it they just have better things to do than bother with a nice new car with an aftermarket exhaust.

Last edited by longboarder; 01-14-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 AM
911 TT drive by's Borla exhaust aftermarket headers.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Good to know.

exhausts sound great you guys.

Originally Posted by longboarder
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've been driving my fully catless supercharged e92 M3 for almost a year-and-a-half now on my daily commute from my house in Monarch Beach to my office on the Newport/Irvine area near Jamboree/MacArthur. I see police but they don't give me another look. And my M3 is LOUD (much louder than a catless flat 6). My M3 is not obnoxiously loud and no rasp but a lot of bass from Akrapovic mufflers with MRF Engineering X Pipe and every car near me can feel it. So I know the police hear/feel it they just have better things to do than bother with a nice new car with an aftermarket exhaust.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:18 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
2008. Europipe Stage 2
Cold start / Driveby

Cheers

Old 01-21-2014, 08:18 AM
supbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of light
^^^very nice, leaning towards europipe

Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by toymr2trd
I share your concern about Calif. I was told that Ca passed a law last year that outlawed and change in cats from stock. I think longboarder is right that the police don't really care, and if they do pay attention it's about noise, not pollution compliance. The issue is with smoging the car every two years. Every time I've smog a car they only seem to care about what comes out the pipe and can they get a clean result, they never seem to check for hardware compliance. Do any of you Calif guys know anything about this? I'd hate to spring for a Europipe only to be told it has to be removed to get it past the smog check. Here's an additional consideration, according to Sharkwerks the 997.2 factory cats are good, you just need to change the exhaust, but the 997.1 cats aren't good. I asked about just changing the muffler system while retaining the stock cats (instead of the 200cl cats they recommend) and they said don't bother, little to be gained, bummer. Anyone can shed some light on this Ca issue?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your exhaust videos here!