997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Post your exhaust videos here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:06 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
I think the EP sounds great on cold start, Idle and low speed including the whistles, but then at WOT it is lacking something for me.

It's just not roar enough but of course this is JMO.

Cheers for posting.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 550bryan
Great clip, thanks for making it. Europipe seems to be the best choice, at least if price isn't in the equation. The car sounds great......
Thanks 550bryan, although I chose EP over other exhaust systems I won't be presumptuous and say EP is the "best choice" out there. Exhaust systems are very subjective especially as it relates to their sound.

EP was "the one" for me and would likely work for others who are looking for a refined exhaust that was slightly louder than stock with a slightly deeper rumble at idle and at moderate rpms (cruising) and roared at WOT without tearing the roof off! All this with no more drone than stock (i.e., NO DRONE!)

For those seeking a louder, more vibrant exhaust note, there are better exhausts suited for that purpose. There are pros and cons to most exhaust systems and I believe buyers should identify their wish list for an exhaust and go with the exhaust system that meets most (if not all) of their needs (incl. price).

On here, I would say that EP is "very popular", would I go so far as say its the best...let's just say EP was the best for ME!

Old 03-24-2014, 06:08 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
I think the EP sounds great on cold start, Idle and low speed including the whistles, but then at WOT it is lacking something for me.

It's just not roar enough but of course this is JMO.

Cheers for posting.
Thanks GTRNICK. FWIW, many would agree with you. There are certainly louder exhausts (at either cold start, idle, cruising and WOT) available out there. The much touted advice to prospective buyers holds very true, "try and listen to the exhaust live, if you can"...exhaust sounds are very subjective.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
How about a cat back exhaust for the .2 turbo? The Sharkwerks by pass pipes are one option, but I know there are several others that offer mufflers. Any clips around?

Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
I just installed the GMG exhaust on my 997 GT2 and i must say i am impressed how good this exhaust sounds! Having almost no mufflers (very small ones) i was afraid that it would drone alot in the car. There is no drone at all. I havent driven the car very much (spring is around the corner here) but i am very impressed. It sounds badass when on the throttle! Here are two very bad quality vids, i got them by email so the size shrinked. Ill get better ones soon.

and a GT3 bonus vid
edit: sorry, forgot that im not allowed to post my GT3 vid on 6speed.. you can check it on my channel

Last edited by sideWays_swe; 03-25-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:41 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Europipe EP1

My contribution. Apologies for iPhone quality.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RMFj6ZxJ-co" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MCPslLfyTeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-25-2014, 08:03 PM
gr8scott has a spectacular aura aboutgr8scott has a spectacular aura about
Old 03-25-2014, 08:27 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
^ Nice to see yet another Albertan with that wonderful EP sound!

Old 03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by ronole

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RMFj6ZxJ-co" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MCPslLfyTeU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
Originally Posted by gr8scott
Nice EP1 videos, thanks for posting! Ronole, your meteor grey looks sick, and sounds great on take off/fly by!

Old 03-25-2014, 10:25 PM
carrisco is on a distinguished road
Any Shark Werks exhaust videos from users?

-b.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting! Any more takeoff and/or idle &revving vids?

Originally Posted by ronole

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RMFj6ZxJ-co" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MCPslLfyTeU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Old 03-26-2014, 05:41 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by akunob
Nice EP1 videos, thanks for posting! Ronole, your meteor grey looks sick, and sounds great on take off/fly by!
Thanks, akunob. The videos were shot last year before I acquired 3RS wheels. Nothing at all against stock, but I definitely prefer the new (to me) wheels. I love the EP - for all the reasons that have been highlighted by so many others.

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Thanks for posting! Any more takeoff and/or idle &revving vids?
Johnny DB: Thanks! Unfortunately, I do not have any additional vids except one more flyby. I'll put that one up in the near future.

Last edited by ronole; 09-17-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Another Flyby

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NrKO0qTf44c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 05-26-2014, 12:15 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
A new vid of my GMG exhaust. Sounds very nice (a little gt3ish)

Old 07-30-2014, 02:41 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
here's mine just off the lift after doing the RS intercoolers.

Sounds better in real life. i will do some drive by video's, sounds very exotic. Got pulled over by a cop this week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your exhaust videos here!