997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official 997 turbo picture thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:58 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VID997
Found this on my iPhone earlier today...not the greatest picture, but I like it...Cheers!

I don't like it, I LOVE it!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:36 AM
DooLSpooL is on a distinguished road
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-149313959.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	407661

Here's mine with the new wheel setup. OZ SuperForgiatas with red center lock nuts 👀

Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Just got my car back after having a GT2RS rear end conversion on my 997 Turbo. It's part of my complete conversion to GT2RS spec. Also has OEM titanium tailpipes and LED rear lights. Conversion required GT2RS ducting and frames on the intercoolers (which have already been upgraded to GT2RS intercoolers) to allow air to escape out the rear.

I was surprised how well it looks with the Turbo rear spoiler. Looks like it came out of the factory that way!

Last edited by isysman; 11-16-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:15 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by isysman
J

I was surprised how well it looks with the Turbo rear spoiler. Looks like it came out of the factory that way!

Looks nice! I've got the GT2RS intercoolers as well. what other ducting is there apart from the piece that holds the intercooler?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:37 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
There are two pieces of ducting, and your intercooler sits between them. And there is a frame that holds it all to the car. If you fit the GT2RS bumper the frames need to change and you need to replace the ducting.

On the Turbo the air coming out of the intercooler passes out the lower side vents on the Turbo bumper. On the GT2RS the air passes out the rear of the bumper so the ducting needs to direct it there. Otherwise I'd imagine you'd get Turbo overheating.

The heat shield needs modifying also otherwise it can be seen when the bumper is on. And lastly, the exhaust pipes where the tailpipes are attached to need to be modified to make them protrude in the right place.

Oh and if you have reversing sensors (I do) then the bumper will need the holes cut as they are unavailable from the factory with holes as it wasn't an option on the original car.

Think that's about it!

Old 11-16-2014, 10:40 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
A gorgeous SoCal Fall morning...

by cjcam, on Flickr

Old 11-16-2014, 10:43 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
There are two pieces of ducting, and your intercooler sits between them. And there is a frame that holds it all to the car. If you fit the GT2RS bumper the frames need to change and you need to replace the ducting.

On the Turbo the air coming out of the intercooler passes out the lower side vents on the Turbo bumper. On the GT2RS the air passes out the rear of the bumper so the ducting needs to direct it there. Otherwise I'd imagine you'd get Turbo overheating.

The heat shield needs modifying also otherwise it can be seen when the bumper is on. And lastly, the exhaust pipes where the tailpipes are attached to need to be modified to make them protrude in the right place.

Oh and if you have reversing sensors (I do) then the bumper will need the holes cut as they are unavailable from the factory with holes as it wasn't an option on the original car.

Think that's about it!
some bit of work then, all worth it!

Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Imagine what the front end will be like!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Imagine what the front end will be like!
The front seem easier from what i read, the heat shield part is tricky. I'd imagine some bit of cutting and bending to hide it properly.

Its a nice look.

The Gt2 covers make the rear look wider.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
The front seem easier from what i read, the heat shield part is tricky. I'd imagine some bit of cutting and bending to hide it properly.

Its a nice look.

The Gt2 covers make the rear look wider.
Well to do it properly the front radiator has to be replaced to allow the air flow to be correct and for the bumper to fit without modification. New GT2RS wings and winglets and bumper. Hopefully it will be more straightforward. Just replacing rather than modifying.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Speaking of rear sensors does anyone know how to add them?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned
Mattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the rough

Old 12-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
A recent pic

Old 12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
One more from a recent drive

Old 12-07-2014, 10:21 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
Morning run

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3321602821.png
Views:	195
Size:	651.9 KB
ID:	409309  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 997 turbo picture thread.