997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official 997 turbo picture thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 11:59 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
CL was an option in 09.
Thanks Johnny, Good to know, Mine were definitely added after the fact as they don't show on the factory printout. That makes me wonder about what year my gray metallic finished was offered, anyone know the specifics?

Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 550bryan
Thanks Longboarder, a compliment coming from you is appreciated as you're our hero, defending the supremacy of our TT's against all comers. BTW, the finish is actually a very dark metallic gray. My car is an 09 and CL's weren't available until the 2010 model year I think. The previous owner added them and I was told this particular finish was a one year only hue offered on 2010 models. The color would actually look outstanding on your silver bullet.....
I try!

So yeah I didn't attempt powercoating the centerlocks dark metallic. As you may recall I did try a lighter metallic and it didn't work out that well as it just didn't provide enough contrast against the GT silver metallic paint. I was afraid a charcoal metallic still wouldn't provide the contrast I was looking for so I went with gloss black. Black wheels on a silver car are a bit played-out however the contrast on the bright yellow calipers is pretty cool!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TurboSphotoshoot1.1.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	828.1 KB
ID:	409874  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:57 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
One of the few places to really enjoy a TT, on a track! Nice. I'm surprised the track marshals let you take laps with the sunroof tilted open (over here, I've been asked to keep it shut). Those wheels are just the best..looking good!

Old 12-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob
One of the few places to really enjoy a TT, on a track! Nice. I'm surprised the track marshals let you take laps with the sunroof tilted open (over here, I've been asked to keep it shut). Those wheels are just the best..looking good!
Thanks dude. Its not a sunroof. Its extra down force lol

Old 12-17-2014, 05:25 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swc
Couple shots of mine.
Love your wheels. They make the car look closer to exotic.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:09 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Thanks dude. Its not a sunroof. Its extra down force lol
...extra down force (I love it) good for shaving 1.5 secs off our lap times

Old 12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned
turbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VID997

those seats have to be the most luxurious halo's out there!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by VID997
Found this on my iPhone earlier today...not the greatest picture, but I like it...Cheers!

VID997, congratulations on tracking your car. I'm curious, what's been your experience with your PCCB's when tracking your car? I hear so many bad stories about wear and I'm wondering what you're found.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:21 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^ I replaced them after seven track days. Most see 7-8 days before the wear indicators/circles start showing. After 10-12 track days cracks will start appearing long enough that warrant replacement if you choose to continue tracking with them.

Ceramics are best kept for show or street use. You won’t fine any CUP cars running ceramics, not even the newer 991’s. They are just too costly and do not last long enough under extreme conditions/use to justify the expense….well unless you are running an F1 team or LMP team….

Some older GoPro footage from inside the cockpit, Thunderhill 3.0 mile circuit with PCA/GGR 09-01-2013:

Last edited by VID997; 12-19-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:15 AM
RonyGT2 will become famous soon enough
Nice Car!

Did you do a conversion to the new pcm?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:28 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Here is how my car sits now:

Over the winter I plan on doing a few cosmetic mods as well and will have Izaac Brook do a photo shoot in the spring
Cosmetic mods to include:
gt2 side skirts
Black center lock nuts (already on)
Rear spoiler or decklid (prob gt2 or aero kit)
Front lip

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo s.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	849.8 KB
ID:	410128  
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by ecpChris

Over the winter I plan on doing a few cosmetic mods as well and will have Izaac Brook do a photo shoot in the spring
gt2 side skirts
Front lip
Looking good Chris, love the contrast between the black wheels (and CLs) and the PCCBs! Can't wait to see the photo-shoot when all your mods are done! I never realized your car had the rear wiper option...

Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ecpChris

gt2 side skirts
Front lip
Looks good Chris- I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. What wheels are those? They look lightweight.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:50 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
Looks good Chris- I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. What wheels are those? They look lightweight.
Yessir they are much lighter than the stock setup (7lbs each front wheel overall tire/wheel and 1 lb each rear)
They are OZ Superforgiatta from Tire Rack. Only thing I wish is that they came in more aggressive offset, otherwise I love them

Old 12-22-2014, 09:27 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Not mine, but worthy of this thread from a previous thread and what I would aim for once I procure a 997 tt:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 997 turbo picture thread.