New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit

Performance – Perfection Redefined. Tired of blowing the throttle body / Y-pipe hose off on your high powered Porsche 997.1 Turbo? For engines fitted with the IPD 82mm throttle body conversion plenum, this may be something that has plagued your vehicle more times than once. When a reoccurring problem exists with an aftermarket upgraded engine component, our engineering team jumps into action and figures out a way to solve these problems. This is evident with our new, 100% leak proof throttle body clamp system designed specifically for the 82mm large throttle body / IPD plenum conversion.
The IPD plenum with the larger 82mm throttle body is an excellent upgrade for any Porsche 997.1 Turbo. It provides the engine with better airflow characteristics for improved throttle response and overall engine power. With this increased power, comes a trade off with a potential weak link with the provided silicone hose / traditional hose clamp connection that is made between the OEM Y-Pipe and larger 82mm throttle body. Read on to see how our engineering team solved this problem with a 100% fail proof system.

Unsurpassed Quality, Fitment and Performance…Made in Arizona: With engines pushing 600+ HP and producing higher than stock boost pressures, the silicone hose / hose clamps included in this IPD conversion kit cannot hold the pressure and the throttle body hose simply blows off. This is due to the engine moving away from the Y-Pipe and the hose clamps not being able to hold the hose in place. On our EVT engine conversions where we incorporate the IPD plenum with the 82mm larger throttle body, we had this reoccurring problem and needed to engineer a solution to provide a 100% leak proof way to contain the higher boost pressure without any risk of failures. EVOMS’ tried and true 100% fail proof system is now available as an accessory kit for anyone with the 82mm throttle body / IPD plenum conversion who wants the peace of mind of never having a stranded vehicle due to this common problem.

Engineering, Design, Proven Performance WITHOUT Compromise: Sometimes the easy approach is not the answer to a somewhat simple problem. We have tried all sorts of “fixes” to try and remedy the hose failure with different and much simpler approaches. The one we have here was the only solution that proved affective 100% of the time. This is not a “band aid” approach, but one that we incorporate on our 1000+ HP engine conversions pushing north of 35 PSI of boost in race applications. If it can hold that kind of pressure, it will certainly retain the boost of a 600+ HP street car.

• CAD Engineered / CNC machined 6061 Billet Aluminum Components– Anodized Black
  • Bolt on Throttle Body Adapter with Viton O-Ring Seals
  • Bolt on Y-Pipe Clamp with Viton O-Ring Seals
  • Sealing Ring / Clam Shell “Leak Proof” Connecting Clamp
  • Stainless Steel Hardware
  • Easy 100% Bolt-On Installation
  • Compatible With IPD Plenum / Y-Pipe Part Numbers:
    Part #97282 (997.1 Turbo Plenum) With Part #997.605.116.01 (82mm Throttle Body)
    Part #97500 (997.1 Turbo Y-Pipe)
  • Designed, Tested & Made in Arizona, USA

To Order Yours: Purchase directly from our website here from www.evoms.com. You may also contact contact one of our sales representatives at +1 (480) 317-9911 or at sstone@evoms.com

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 03-03-2014, 03:16 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
$700???

Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
$700???
$695. For the design and machinework that goes into making this work correctly, it's a very fair price. Your alternatives (which we have used up until now on our big in-house builds) are buying or building an aluminum y-pipe, and permanently modifying it and the throttle body for a similar type of clamp.

The 997 Y-pipe isn't very well supported at all, so cars running serious amounts of boost _constantly_ have issues with the throttle body coupling blowing off. You name it, we've tried it to get around this issue...this solves it once and for all.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
does this support the AMS Y-Pipe?

-Jose

Old 02-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by jjurroz
does this support the AMS Y-Pipe?

-Jose
As far as I know, this has never been used with the AMS y-pipe. If the throttle body flange is dimensionally identical to stock, it will. IPD updated their machining process about a year ago to match the stock one, but I do not know about AMS.

Originally Posted by 9e 28
Evoms are you sure this solution works? Only reason I ask is I have heard people are using glue to make these work with no leaks? Is that right?

You're right this is a pain in the *** for those of us with the IPD 82mm kit and larger Y pipe.
The only leaks we've been made aware of stem from o-rings that are damaged during installation. Based on the installations we've done in-house, the reason for that would be insufficient lubrication or from someone forcing parts into place while crooked or when not fully seated. It is not an easy part to install--everything is a tight fit and there isn't a lot of room to work. But once installed and setup, it's been much more reliable than the silicone coupler.

One note, we had to switch manufacturers for these and we've been on a wait while the new manufacturer proofs and builds the production batch. We expect to be shipping these again before the end of the month at the very latest.

Sam

Old 02-11-2016, 09:49 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
Sam, I have the IPD Plenum and 82mm TB. The AMS Y pipe works with the included silicon coupler (I say this loosely as obviously its popping off) that comes with the 82mm TB. The AMS ypipe also works with the stock TB coupler so I'd imagine it's the same dimensions as stock. That said, want to send me one to test?

I can't imagine why IPD has not addressed this issue. Their latest design doesn't even come with clamps, it's just the silicon coupler.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:56 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Sam, I have the IPD Plenum and 82mm TB. The AMS Y pipe works with the included silicon coupler (I say this loosely as obviously its popping off) that comes with the 82mm TB. The AMS ypipe also works with the stock TB coupler so I'd imagine it's the same dimensions as stock. That said, want to send me one to test?

I can't imagine why IPD has not addressed this issue. Their latest design doesn't even come with clamps, it's just the silicon coupler.
Their beveled coupler fixes this problem, just use some nice clamps and you'll be fine.

32psi and 1000hp on IPD and 0 issues.

Regarding the EvoMS product, I used this on my 775 kit and it worked flawlessly. It's a nicely designed piece and gave me nice piece of mind and a leak-free TB->Ypipe setup.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I have their latest coupler and using tbolts with it. It still managed to pop off twice in 2 days now. I just finished torquing the crap out of it thinking maybe I didn't tighten it enough. We'll see.

I'd still love to try this leak proof kit though.

Originally Posted by dhahlen
Their beveled coupler fixes this problem, just use some nice clamps and you'll be fine.

32psi and 1000hp on IPD and 0 issues.

Regarding the EvoMS product, I used this on my 775 kit and it worked flawlessly. It's a nicely designed piece and gave me nice piece of mind and a leak-free TB->Ypipe setup.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:57 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Gotta pay to play!

Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Mattym6
$695-$700 is insane for a clamp/ coupler yes it is worth the piece of mind but I like the saying " penny's eventually add up to a Dollar " . in raw Materials I assume are roughly $100 and the R&D invested plus machine time to produce each part is what your mark up is but $500-$600 is hefty. I guess we are paying for the Name .....

I wish it was that inexpensive to produce. We have WAY more invested into this product than you think. We have had customers stranded on the side of the road before. With this, there is no chance.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
I have their latest coupler and using tbolts with it. It still managed to pop off twice in 2 days now. I just finished torquing the crap out of it thinking maybe I didn't tighten it enough. We'll see.

My best advice would be to take everything apart and thoroughly degrease the coupler, y-pipe, and throttle body. They tend to get covered in oil/breather fumes/water vapor when the hose blows off and get slippery. That being said, most guys seem to have issues with it blowing off a couple times a year if they drive the car hard and often, even if installed 'properly'. When it does, at best you can limp home with zero boost, at worst it's an engine stalling stuck-on-the-side-of-the-road deal.

Sam

Old 02-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Basic Sponsor

It has to be a very precise, dimensional copy of stock. The coupler is installed and clamps around the recessed groove of the y-pipe. If that shape isn't an exact match for stock, the clamp won't fit over the y-pipe or may not seal if it does manage to bolt down. Since it's a rigid aluminum part, the tolerances are a lot tighter than a rubber/silicone coupler.

Sam

Old 02-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Group buy....I have to admit700 is steep fora product like that...if we group by what's the best we can do on price..

Old 02-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of

you might want to try better clamps.

T-Bolts are notorious for letting your hoses fly off. I had the hoses on my last car come off every 5 min of track time with them. They stretch,.. and don't come back,.. so after a heat cycle,.. they're loose. Especially true pre-intercooler.

Iupgraded to fully-lined Breeze Constant Torque clamps (which are more compact, and also much cheaper),.. and have never had an issue since.

Being fully lined,.. they don't chew up your hose,.. and that mess that looks like a stack of washers is a sort of spring,... which keeps constant tension on the hose, even after a vicious heat cycle.

Also,.. choose your hose wisely. Not sure what hose you're running,.. but many are like the junk Saamco sells,.. where it's shiny and slick on the inside like it is on the outside. That makes for very little friction,.. and the tiniest hint of oil and you can pull the hose off with your hands.

Companies like Vibrant make much better hose,.. that's dry on the inside like an art-gum eraser. Many times more friction.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS how many people do you need to drop the price to 500 shipped ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit