997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion modded 997 Turbo S PDK at Drag Strip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
xaha4430 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
A basic ECU tune/exhaust combo would net you about 65-75 hp at the wheels.

Add intercoolers and and IPD plenum, then you could go for our stage 2 which nets you about 120 whp.

This particular car has our larger VTG turbos installed, so it's running about 630hp/600tq at the wheels. This setup should be good for a solid 9 second pass....we should see that this Friday.
Im confused. In the video it says tuned by Champion Porsche out of Pompano Beach. I would assume any work that a Porsche dealer does to a car wouldnt void any warranties right? But at the same time, i've always heard that any kind of ecu tune would f*** me out of my cpo warranty. If there is in fact, an ecu tune for sale that doesn't void warranty out there I would be very interested in it. Can you clear the air on this subject?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Bill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really nice
Originally Posted by xaha4430
Im confused. In the video it says tuned by Champion Porsche out of Pompano Beach. I would assume any work that a Porsche dealer does to a car wouldnt void any warranties right? But at the same time, i've always heard that any kind of ecu tune would f*** me out of my cpo warranty. If there is in fact, an ecu tune for sale that doesn't void warranty out there I would be very interested in it. Can you clear the air on this subject?
You need to do a search on this, we recently had several threads going about these tunes. Look for FVD and Softronic tunes as keywords.

The answer to your question re CPO warranty being voided: MAYBE

EDIT: most of those recent discussions over at RL, so do search there first!

Last edited by Bill8411; 03-08-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: More info
Old 03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
No worries, Ill call champion porsche monday, they'll have a definite yes or no.

Last edited by xaha4430; 03-07-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Bill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really nice
They will???

Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Wow 10.2 on street tires is incredible. But the trap speed doesn't make sense. Did the driver lift on this pass? With 68's, intercoolers and exhaust running the race gas file I would think it would be trapping 135-136 on a warm day.

Looking forward to seeing what it does Friday.
He didn't lift...the 60' was 1.4 sec. He lost a bit in the top end because of a silly vacuum leak, but that's all fixed up now. We're just waiting for him to get some free time to take a trip back down here and run it again. Otherwise we'll ship it back to him in NY and he'll be able to run it on the local tracks there for sure.

Originally Posted by xaha4430
The car is built by us here at Champion Motorsport. We are a subsidiary company of Champion Porsche. To answer your question about the warranty...to put it bluntly... YES...any upgrades to your car DO effect your factory warranty. Do not listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. However, we offer our own independent warranty which is essentially an "umbrella" that completely covers your car for the length of your factory or CPO warranty. It's not just hype...we actually have it in writing here:
http://championmotorsportonline.com/...yagreement.pdf

If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch any time.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks Tom for chiming in. Very helpful

Old 03-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Also thanks from me Tom, especially for stating that these modifications do affect warranties.

I'm not able to determine if there are escape clauses in your aftermarket warranty that would preclude coverage when, for instance, scattering a transmission. Not an attorney.

But it's a game changer if standard Porsche or aftermarket warranty coverage is mimicked by your Champion "rider"!

I'd be in for many mods if this is true and if you have a Michigan dealer who would cover me in the unlikely event I have breakdown(s).

Tom, I'd appreciate your candid take on my posting here! Thanks in advance.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bill8411
Also thanks from me Tom, especially for stating that these modifications do affect warranties.

I'm not able to determine if there are escape clauses in your aftermarket warranty that would preclude coverage when, for instance, scattering a transmission. Not an attorney.

But it's a game changer if standard Porsche or aftermarket warranty coverage is mimicked by your Champion "rider"!

I'd be in for many mods if this is true and if you have a Michigan dealer who would cover me in the unlikely event I have breakdown(s).

Tom, I'd appreciate your candid take on my posting here! Thanks in advance.
There only real "catch" to our warranty is that you have to stick with our upgrade program. In other words, let's say you buy a package from us, but then a few months later you decide to add some other part that didn't come with the kit which would effect performance....the warranty is gone. Classic example of this is methanol injection. We don't sell it with any of our kits, but it clearly effects performance. Since we can't measure the effects on performance from adding the meth injection, we do not warranty it thereafter. But as long as you stick to our program, you're good to go.

If you ask some of our existing customers, you'll find we typically go to any lengths to "make it right" when a situation arises, which is rare...

Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Tom, how would I obtain warranty service on your products up here in Michigan?

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Bill8411
Tom, how would I obtain warranty service on your products up here in Michigan?

Thanks!
You would just take the car to your regular dealer for service. Most of our parts are direct bolt-ons so any dealer can service the car. If, for some reason, they deny a warranty claim on something because of one of parts we have installed, that's when we step in.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Bill8411;4063595]You need to do a search on this, we recently had several threads going about these tunes. Look for FVD and Softronic tunes as keywords.

The answer to your question re CPO warranty being voided: MAYBE

EDIT: most of those recent discussions over at RL, so do search there first![/QUOTE

moderator - there is no need for name calling and insults. This is a warning

Last edited by eclou; 03-14-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Amazing car! I wouldn't expect less from CMS

Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 AM
I gave you great sources for you to gather information.

Last edited by Bill8411; 03-14-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: No need to spar w newbie
Old 03-15-2014, 08:47 PM
jwaked will become famous soon enoughjwaked will become famous soon enough
very nice

Old 03-15-2014, 11:42 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
hell yeah !!! i can hate on bunch of BS stuff that does not add up to much when the results speak for themselves !!!

wow excellent time .. keep it up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion modded 997 Turbo S PDK at Drag Strip