997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion modded 997 Turbo S PDK at Drag Strip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
MrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to behold
Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 PM
3Kidz has a spectacular aura about3Kidz has a spectacular aura about3Kidz has a spectacular aura about
Great run! I can't wait until drag racing opens up here in Illinois myself. You must've had a 1.4xx 60' time to get that ET though. What rear tires are you running?

Old 03-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, gotta love the consistency of the PDK with GIAC/Champion mods.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Thanks for the vid! That was the worst run of the night.. It was pretty consistently 10.2 on all the other runs.

Stil...not bad times for a shake-down run on a car with only 900 miles! Just built the car, and drove right to the track that night..

We'll be back up there Friday night again to hopefully do something pretty cool with this car...

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 03-04-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Thanks for the vid! That was the worst run of the night.. It was pretty consistently 10.2 on all the other runs.

Stil...not bad times for a shake-down run on a car with only 900 miles! Just built the car, and drove right to the track that night..

We'll be back up there Friday night again to hopefully do something pretty cool with this car...

What kind of rwhp increase do you see with simple mods, just a tune, for instance, and what mods do you have on this car?

Very quick, pretty serious street car.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vrybad
What kind of rwhp increase do you see with simple mods, just a tune, for instance, and what mods do you have on this car?

Very quick, pretty serious street car.
A basic ECU tune/exhaust combo would net you about 65-75 hp at the wheels.

Add intercoolers and and IPD plenum, then you could go for our stage 2 which nets you about 120 whp.

This particular car has our larger VTG turbos installed, so it's running about 630hp/600tq at the wheels. This setup should be good for a solid 9 second pass....we should see that this Friday.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:06 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Nice... what tires are you running?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
A basic ECU tune/exhaust combo would net you about 65-75 hp at the wheels.

Add intercoolers and and IPD plenum, then you could go for our stage 2 which nets you about 120 whp.

This particular car has our larger VTG turbos installed, so it's running about 630hp/600tq at the wheels. This setup should be good for a solid 9 second pass....we should see that this Friday.
Thanks, Tom.

What a fantastic nightmare for many other cars out there!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 991 C2S
Nice... what tires are you running?
The car's on Toyo R888's.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome guys!
Even though the car looks sick I am sure people are scratching their heads!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Awesome guys!
Even though the car looks sick I am sure people are scratching their heads!

Thanks! If all goes well, people will REALLY be surprised after we run it again this Friday

Old 03-06-2014, 12:52 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Thanks! If all goes well, people will REALLY be surprised after we run it again this Friday
Wow 10.2 on street tires is incredible. But the trap speed doesn't make sense. Did the driver lift on this pass? With 68's, intercoolers and exhaust running the race gas file I would think it would be trapping 135-136 on a warm day.

Looking forward to seeing what it does Friday.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:24 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Tom, what 1/4 mile times have you experienced with a 997.1 TIP with your mods?
I didn't change my torque converter when I strengthened the TIP and can only reach 1900RPM with the brake and gas floored. A VERY slow start. Any suggestions?

Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by kenromero
Tom, what 1/4 mile times have you experienced with a 997.1 TIP with your mods?
I didn't change my torque converter when I strengthened the TIP and can only reach 1900RPM with the brake and gas floored. A VERY slow start. Any suggestions?
Never really ran a tip with 68's in the 1/4 recently. But I have a customer with our 65's in his tip that ran 10.4 on race gas. That car does about 615 whp on race gas. I don't remember what he trapped though. I wasn't at the track with him unfortunately...

Old 03-06-2014, 03:04 PM
3Kidz has a spectacular aura about3Kidz has a spectacular aura about3Kidz has a spectacular aura about
Longboarder, I concur with you here. Either he totally lifted at the finish or he had a killer 60'. I might even go and say a 1.3-1.4 second 60'. BTW, the R888 aren't really "street" tires. I've used the R888 on my 400 rwhp on my IS-F and the Mickey Thompsons and both give me low 1.8 60' times (no slippage whatsoever). With the rear bias and the launch control, the R888 should KILL RE050 or PS2 or PSS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion modded 997 Turbo S PDK at Drag Strip