997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Clear Bra Installer North NJ/NY Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Clear Bra Installer North NJ/NY Area

Just picked up a 2012 997.2 Turbo. I have clear bra on my Carrera S, but I had it done in CA. Anyone know of a great installer here in the Northern NJ area? I prefer not to let the dealer handle it. Also, product suggestions. I had mine done 3 plus years ago and at the time VentureShield was either the best or one of the best. I'm sure more products have come out since that time.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 03-06-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Give a call to Phil over at Detailer's Domain in Norwood. If he can't do it himself I'm sure he only works with the best.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Detailing Dynamics on L.I. Worth the drive.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:40 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Try Eddie Falcon at (203) 861-1550. I had my Corvette Z06 done by him, insanely great price and he will send his guys to your place to put it on if you want. I did the whole front end (bumper, hood, full fenders, splitter, mirrors and all lights) with 3M film and it was 1,000. Nobody would even come close to that price, the cheapest I found was 2,000 for half hood. The Quality of work was awesome.

Will be redoing my turbo soon.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 512bb
Try Eddie Falcon at (203) 861-1550. I had my Corvette Z06 done by him, insanely great price and he will send his guys to your place to put it on if you want. I did the whole front end (bumper, hood, full fenders, splitter, mirrors and all lights) with 3M film and it was 1,000. Nobody would even come close to that price, the cheapest I found was 2,000 for half hood. The Quality of work was awesome.

Will be redoing my turbo soon.
He's my man! He's done 4 cars for me. He's in Stamford CT, but it is great value. Venture Shield mask, so don't expect a custom job, but spending $2k or more at Detailing Dynamics is a waste of money in my view.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:59 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Not sure how you define a custom job, the pieces he brought down were cut perfect for the Z06 (tough car to do the front end particularly with the splitter). I definitely recommend him. I consider that as custom as it comes as they did not have to cut any pieces on the car.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ryem3
He's my man! He's done 4 cars for me. He's in Stamford CT, but it is great value. Venture Shield mask, so don't expect a custom job, but spending $2k or more at Detailing Dynamics is a waste of money in my view.
Mask, so this means the pre-cut patterns for the model car? That is a great price though.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:18 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Detailing Dynamics on L.I. Worth the drive.

+1 on Detailing Dynamics but I'm not sure they use Xpel. They did a few cars years ago for me before Xpel was available. I think it is the best product presently available.

I've had both custom and pre-cut pieces. To me custom is done from rolls of material. Headlights, taillights, bumbers, etc removed. Much better job & obviously more expensive. It eliminates a lot of the edges that are wax catchers.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:44 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep

Mask, so this means the pre-cut patterns for the model car? That is a great price though.
Yes, pre cut patterns. Custom jobs are done using a sheet and then trim by hand. No doubt you will see fewer edges with the custom job, but the price you pay is ridiculous for some plastic wrap. If you are very picky, a mask job may not make you happy though.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:34 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Here is a thread showing a custom job. You have to go down the thread a little.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...wrap-moar.html

Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Here is a thread showing a custom job. You have to go down the thread a little.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...wrap-moar.html
I bought my C2S in Fremont CA at the Porsche dealer and Premier has an excellent rep, but yes very expensive. The most expensive by far I found back then.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
I can't recommend anyone from your area but I will point out that 3M seems to have lost's its mojo. I did my car in a film by Nano Fusion and it comes with a lifetime guaranty for any defect (including discoloration and staining) with labor included.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
http://www.xtremecarbra.com/index.htm

He does a lot of dealerships on long island.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:50 PM
supbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Just picked up a 2012 997.2 Turbo. I have clear bra on my Carrera S, but I had it done in CA. Anyone know of a great installer here in the Northern NJ area? I prefer not to let the dealer handle it. Also, product suggestions. I had mine done 3 plus years ago and at the time VentureShield was either the best or one of the best. I'm sure more products have come out since that time.
Try Nelson at www.clearimageent.com/contact_us.html
He does work for porsche dealers and he did my cayenne gts and it came out flawless

Old 03-07-2014, 03:08 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Guys, Eddie did my TTS direct from the dealer in March of 2011. If you search my user name I did a pretty good photo documentary of the Clear Bra and Radar install Eddie performed. This place is not joke, hands down all about perfection and the experience. I am a very picky customer and they exceeded my expectations.

Originally Posted by PRFCNST
Many different options out there. X-Pel Ultimate is what owns the market right now.
Price is a very relevant thing. It depends on the areas getting covered and if it is a custom install wrapped edges or pre-cut kits.
I would love to give you an estimate. Please email me at eddie@detailingdynamics.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Installer North NJ/NY Area