997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dension Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Speedfreak
I will.
Thanks dude. I am so tired of burning discs and was going to go Denison. But after more research, it would appear to be frustrating. Kudos and thanks for stepping up and helping us

Old 03-17-2014, 08:57 PM
eNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really nice
Since were half on that subject... Can you burn disc in mp3 format for playback in PCM? I keep meaning to try, but near certain I'll just make a new coaster. At least in mp3 you can cram like 7 albums on a disc.

It's sad and damn ridiculous how far behind this PCM 2.1 was, especially considering the technology was there and the car was well over $100k. That tops my list right next to the lack of auto lights...

Old 03-17-2014, 08:59 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jako
Thanks dude. I am so tired of burning discs and was going to go Denison. But after more research, it would appear to be frustrating. Kudos and thanks for stepping up and helping us
Yep....I would avoid the unit. It is very frustrating....Not ony does it not work....but ewhen it craps out you sometimes lose your whole sound system....and get no sound....I have the 500BT latest greatest.....and I burn mp3 CDs because it is so annoying and unpredictsble! Hope this new unit works beter!

DC

Old 03-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eNVy997tt
Since were half on that subject... Can you burn disc in mp3 format for playback in PCM? I keep meaning to try, but near certain I'll just make a new coaster. At least in mp3 you can cram like 7 albums on a disc.

It's sad and damn ridiculous how far behind this PCM 2.1 was, especially considering the technology was there and the car was well over $100k. That tops my list right next to the lack of auto lights...
Nope, no MP3. Max is like 17-19 songs per disk. I hope this Viseeo works

Old 03-17-2014, 10:30 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Yes the PCM will play mp3 discs but it's hit and miss. I've had times it will play, other times what played before errors and won't play, etc etc. I gave up doing it cause it was too inconstant on what would play and wouldn't play each time I put a disc in. I too hate filling my door pockets up with CDs and remembering what's on all of
Them. So I hope this new option works. Otherwise I either take the plunge trying to install the PCM 3 head unit or go with the 8" screen alpine unit.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
For those that burn CD's, do you find that you need to eject the disc a few times before the CD will actually load and play? Or do your burned CD's play consistently the first time upon loading?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Shibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura about
it sucks, i only got it because it was my only option

Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Cool & thanks to the Swedish speed freak for stepping up

Old 03-18-2014, 01:38 AM
nsurg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
For those that burn CD's, do you find that you need to eject the disc a few times before the CD will actually load and play? Or do your burned CD's play consistently the first time upon loading?

Mine work immediately, and I used CDs burned as mp3 with variable 192kbps rates, so I can usually get about 6-8 original cds to an mp3 cd. My frustration is that the pcm "shuffle" always goes in the exact same "random" order from one time to the next, and a distant 2nd complaint is that the shuffle mode goes back to sequential play as soon as the car turns off.

Given the frustration often voiced by other threads about the dension, I'm glad I chose not to buy and install it. I just bought a $30 visor mount BT speaker hands-free for my phone, and it works as well as anything with no install.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry I missed this original post, been away for a few days.

We have sold enough 500SBT units to know what works, what doesn't. The most alarming posts are those where folks have had issues unresolved, and if anyone is buying from us, I'd hope they are reaching out to us directly for support, as that is what we do. We know some resellers do not offer support, and that can detract from an otherwise good product.

There have been a few glitches, though as noted, many are related to setup or installation, or in some cases, phone or firmware. We've not seen many DOA units and Dension has a far better quality product than the others out there today. The 500SBT is light years beyond the old Gateway 500. We are on firmware version 0052 today, and when the unit first released, it was 0043. So they continue to make improvements via firmware.

And as you probably know, the folks who have it, and have no issues, are not as likely to vent on the forums. But we have enough units out there working just fine to know they do work well, when installed correctly, and the vehicle is programmed if needed, and when setup correctly.

Bluetooth streaming, ipod, usb, aux, all direct to the loop, working just fine.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, and anyone on this thread who is still having issues and bought from us, please reach out so we can document and get this in front of Dension Engineering if needed to resolve.

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks Eric, I really need to do something soon. Need my tunes!

Old 03-18-2014, 10:35 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Interesting. What year turbo do you have?

Originally Posted by nsurg
Mine work immediately, and I used CDs burned as mp3 with variable 192kbps rates, so I can usually get about 6-8 original cds to an mp3 cd. My frustration is that the pcm "shuffle" always goes in the exact same "random" order from one time to the next, and a distant 2nd complaint is that the shuffle mode goes back to sequential play as soon as the car turns off.

Given the frustration often voiced by other threads about the dension, I'm glad I chose not to buy and install it. I just bought a $30 visor mount BT speaker hands-free for my phone, and it works as well as anything with no install.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:49 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Interesting to me, how when we (purchasers) have issues the response is always that something WE did in the install is wrong....When it works perfect at times. I think that is BS...

So I will post a different question:

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU HAVE A DENSION (IT IS DENSION...NOT DENISON BTW) UNIT....ANY UNIT... 500BT etc....AND IT WORKS AS EXPECTED...NO ISSUES..OR EVEN IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH IT? IRRESPECTIVE OF WHERE YOU PURCHASED, WHO INSTALLED, ETC.....JUST ANYONE WHO USES IT AND THINKS IT WAS AS ADVERTISED AND/OR YOU ARE HAPPY WITH IT....

Let's see the flood of happy customers!

DC

Last edited by therock88; 03-18-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by therock88
Interesting to me, how when we (purchasers) have issues the response is always that something WE did in the install is wrong....When it works perfect at times. I think that is BS...

So I will post a different question:

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU HAVE A DENSION (IT IS DENSION...NOT DENISON BTW) UNIT....ANY UNIT... 500BT etc....AND IT WORKS AS EXPECTED...NO ISSUES..OR EVEN IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH IT? IRRESPECTIVE OF WHERE YOU PURCHASED, WHO INSTALLED, ETC.....JUST ANYONE WHO USES IT AND THINKS IT WAS AS ADVERTISED AND/OR YOU ARE HAPPY WITH IT....

Let's see the flood of happy customers!

DC
Agree, and the only unhappy customers come to forums to complain argument is simply wrong. Dont think any Dension owners here joined to whine about this product.

The product has serious stability issues and Dension support is non-existant, but Eric's customers are the only ones getting any help.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:37 PM
ChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to beholdChrisAW is a splendid one to behold
I bought mine a while ago but have yet to install it. Trying to wrap my head around the directions before I tear into anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Owners