997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dension Owners

Old 03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChrisAW
I bought mine a while ago but have yet to install it. Trying to wrap my head around the directions before I tear into anything.
Good luck with that! The instructions (if you want to call them that) are another awesome part of the product. Looks like a second grader with a black crayon developed them.

In concept it SHOULD NOT BE difficult. The MOST Fiber Optic topography is a similar schema to the old Token Ring computer network....Packets come in one side...out the other and loop through all the devices, checking for status then on to the next device...then around again...repeat infinitely!

DC

Old 03-18-2014, 05:43 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Old 03-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Cbwell is a jewel in the roughCbwell is a jewel in the roughCbwell is a jewel in the rough
I had a 500BT in my 997.1 turbo and it worked. I bought it from bumperplugs-Eric, and got great support. He was helping me troubleshoot it on a weekend. In the end it was a bad power wire splice. After that I had no issues. I never used Bluetooth so I can't comment on that portion of it.

Last edited by Cbwell; 03-18-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Agree, and the only unhappy customers come to forums to complain argument is simply wrong. Dont think any Dension owners here joined to whine about this product.

The product has serious stability issues and Dension support is non-existant, but Eric's customers are the only ones getting any help.

Not what I said.

The issues that we see most often (I said 'many' not 'all') were related to install or setup. Sometimes it's not a mistake of the customer or installer, it is simply a missed step at the end. Easy stuff like wrong power connection (must be constant, not switched), or placing the optical in the wrong port (labeled, but some people miss it).

For Forum posts, you will usually find many are posting about negative issues or venting...regardless of the specific issue. That's known, and I've been part of these forums since their inception. Sure, always good to hear good stuff, good experiences, but many posts are complaints (valid) seeking to resolve issues, or find answers. And we all jump in when we can to help other Porsche owners if we can.

As for the instructions, WE send a very detailed series of installation steps to our customers (something most other resellers don't). With our experience from the launch of the Gateway product line, we likely have more knowledge than most other companies about this product and can offer support AND information to help get through the installation. Yes, the documentation in the package is weak, at best. That's why customers seek us out - we have more to offer than just the unit, and our detailed installation and setup guides are far beyond the package insert so our customers understand the steps needed to get this all working correctly in their vehicle.

The key is this: you should receive support from your seller. If you bought from us, reach out to us. If we can't resolve anything in short order, we hand you directly to Dension Engineering through our process, not the Dension site, and we manage the process directly.

Rock, where did you buy your unit? If from us, please contact me directly and let me try to work with you to resolve. If not, let me know where you did buy so I can let Dension know the issues.

Overall, we have found the vast majority of our customers quite happy with the unit. Sure, a few complaints about the install, or getting used to the menu driven selections, but overall, happy to have phone/bluetooth/streaming that works well.

Is it perfect? No. We've spent over seven years working directly with Dension's engineering group providing continual feedback, issues, features wanted, etc. They do what they can, usually with firmware updates to address things that can be changed/added. But compared to most other options available for these vehicles, the Dension is a good answer to the lacking BT systems that should have come on the cars, and for a reasonable price.

Again, if anyone has Dension issues and bought directly from us, please contact me directly and we'll be glad to help. If you did not, contact your seller, and if you can't get help, let me know as well.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
AuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the rough
No idea why guys are saying MP3 CD's don't work. It's likely how you are burning them.

I've never had a single disc that didn't work and the files were of varying bitrates. I have noticed some ID3 tag reading abnormalities at times however.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AuZZie
No idea why guys are saying MP3 CD's don't work. It's likely how you are burning them.

I've never had a single disc that didn't work and the files were of varying bitrates. I have noticed some ID3 tag reading abnormalities at times however.
Me neither. Burn them all the time and max them to the last KB....and with few exceptions they always work fine?

Maybe I will put together a CD / MP3 burning DIY to help others when I have time.

I am all PC though and Android...No help for Mac's or iAnything

DC

Old 03-19-2014, 11:39 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Not what I said.

The issues that we see most often (I said 'many' not 'all') were related to install or setup. Sometimes it's not a mistake of the customer or installer, it is simply a missed step at the end. Easy stuff like wrong power connection (must be constant, not switched), or placing the optical in the wrong port (labeled, but some people miss it).

For Forum posts, you will usually find many are posting about negative issues or venting...regardless of the specific issue. That's known, and I've been part of these forums since their inception. Sure, always good to hear good stuff, good experiences, but many posts are complaints (valid) seeking to resolve issues, or find answers. And we all jump in when we can to help other Porsche owners if we can.

As for the instructions, WE send a very detailed series of installation steps to our customers (something most other resellers don't). With our experience from the launch of the Gateway product line, we likely have more knowledge than most other companies about this product and can offer support AND information to help get through the installation. Yes, the documentation in the package is weak, at best. That's why customers seek us out - we have more to offer than just the unit, and our detailed installation and setup guides are far beyond the package insert so our customers understand the steps needed to get this all working correctly in their vehicle.

The key is this: you should receive support from your seller. If you bought from us, reach out to us. If we can't resolve anything in short order, we hand you directly to Dension Engineering through our process, not the Dension site, and we manage the process directly.

Rock, where did you buy your unit? If from us, please contact me directly and let me try to work with you to resolve. If not, let me know where you did buy so I can let Dension know the issues.

Overall, we have found the vast majority of our customers quite happy with the unit. Sure, a few complaints about the install, or getting used to the menu driven selections, but overall, happy to have phone/bluetooth/streaming that works well.

Is it perfect? No. We've spent over seven years working directly with Dension's engineering group providing continual feedback, issues, features wanted, etc. They do what they can, usually with firmware updates to address things that can be changed/added. But compared to most other options available for these vehicles, the Dension is a good answer to the lacking BT systems that should have come on the cars, and for a reasonable price.

Again, if anyone has Dension issues and bought directly from us, please contact me directly and we'll be glad to help. If you did not, contact your seller, and if you can't get help, let me know as well.
I did the misstake of buying directly from Dension so I'm out of luck...

Old 03-19-2014, 12:33 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by therock88
Me neither. Burn them all the time and max them to the last KB....and with few exceptions they always work fine?

Maybe I will put together a CD / MP3 burning DIY to help others when I have time.

DC
I burn mine even slower speed and they do not work all the time. This is the only car i have issues on, and its only when creating multiple folders within the disk. If i burn just one folder of mp3 songs, no problems. But if i create multiple folders within a disk, it sometimes will not always be able to play that folder, but its hit and miss. One time it works, the next it doesnt. But regardless, carrying a bunch of mp3 discs gets old as well, as i have very organized playlists on my phone and usb stick which are a lot faster to be able to go through

Old 03-19-2014, 12:49 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
It would be cool to hear about your process.

I am using Sony Supremas 700mb CD-R's with itunes to burn. I have tried burning at various speeds, 12x or 4x. The burned CD's still need to be inserted and ejected a few times before they load in my PCM. Once they are playing it's fine, until I turn the car off and park it for awhile. Then I may need to eject it in and out a few times before it reads again. Repeat.

Originally Posted by therock88

DC

Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Hey Guys...

Just wanted to give a plug ( no pun intended) to Eric at BumperPlugs. He is a stand up guy and seems to really care about the products he supports/sells/sponsors.

I know he is in business, like all of us, to make a living...not charity...But he took the time to reach out to me with some great suggestions to try and resolve the Dension issues, that the Dension company never provided.

Now I would not expect him to start doing charity work for me or the board, but when I have the opportunity to try some of his suggestions, I will post any successes or perhaps do another DIY as I have done in the past here to help others with issues...So we can hopefully enjoy that expensive metal brick sitting behind our PCM units

May take me a bit to get to it due to some business obligations, but hopefully within a week or two I can report back some good news!

Main point here is kudos to BumpePlugs and Eric for a rather philanthropic approach to helping others....even though I did not buy from him.

If you do choose to buy one of these units, I would suggest your best bet may be from Bumper Plugs, because they certainly seem to know this product better than the manufacturer! And to be honest, their price is as good as the terds I bought mine from that offer NO SUPPORT

Thanks Eric for your great service! (Did not say Customer Service...because I did not buy this item from BumperPlugs)

DC

Old 03-22-2014, 12:35 PM
coquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of light
hi, does Viseeo can be connect with ipod via wire? as I always keep ipod in the car.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Speedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud of
So I finally got around to installing the Viseeo MOSTO.

The installation instruction is big joke! If you try to install it the way the say Nothing and I mean notting will work.
In the original installation instructions the say that you should connect it behind the pcm, but whit the included MOSTO connectors there will be one to much (three connectors and two places to put them).

But after removing the CD-changer in the front and looping the MOSTO there (You can install the viseeo here, but then the unit will be in the front trunk), I removed the phone module under the passager seat and installed the Viseeo in itīs place. At this point every thing will work, but you will have an error message every time you turn on the pcm that the CD-changer i missing.
If you leave the CD-changer connected you will loose the possibility to stream music.

I have used it today to stream music and has worked fine.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
How's the software interface on the pcm? Would love to know more!

Originally Posted by Speedfreak
So I finally got around to installing the Viseeo MOSTO.

The installation instruction is big joke! If you try to install it the way the say Nothing and I mean notting will work.
In the original installation instructions the say that you should connect it behind the pcm, but whit the included MOSTO connectors there will be one to much (three connectors and two places to put them).

But after removing the CD-changer in the front and looping the MOSTO there (You can install the viseeo here, but then the unit will be in the front trunk), I removed the phone module under the passager seat and installed the Viseeo in itīs place. At this point every thing will work, but you will have an error message every time you turn on the pcm that the CD-changer i missing.
If you leave the CD-changer connected you will loose the possibility to stream music.

I have used it today to stream music and has worked fine.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Skullbussa is on a distinguished road
I'm not understanding why anyone would risk so much money on a risky installation with sketchy Chinese components.

Go Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood - it doesn't cost much more and you get a modern interface and open up the world to flexibility with modern standards.

See this post - this is how you do it right:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3815187

Old 04-04-2014, 11:01 AM
acf
Some people want to retain OEM look.

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
I'm not understanding why anyone would risk so much money on a risky installation with sketchy Chinese components.

Go Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood - it doesn't cost much more and you get a modern interface and open up the world to flexibility with modern standards.

See this post - this is how you do it right:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3815187

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Owners