997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kline exhaust review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 PM
fireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the rough
Kline exhaust review

Hey Guys,
received my Kline system (incl decat pipe and 200cell cats) last friday, installed it the same day and all i can say is WOW!

everything came very well packed and the first thing i noticed when i picked up
the package was ....this box is as huge as it is light!

unwrapped approximately 5 miles of bubble wrap until i finaly saw the beautiful polished finish.
the welding is just superb aswell as the overall look.

as the exhaust is manufactured on order only i had to wait a few days until it was finished
and than another 3 days till it arrived at my door on friday afternoon.
Contacted every single mechanic i know to get that thing installed the same day and finaly
found a shop near me who started installing it at 7:30pm.
As they never did a 997tt exhaust before they took their time to make everything right.
uninstalled airbox and y-pipe to unplug the lambda connectors - turbo sided bolts came off pretty easy
as the car has just over 17k miles on it. (turbo sided bolts have to be re-used / turbo sided gaskets aswell)
new screws to connect the de-cat/cats to the exhaust aswell as the gaskets are included.

fitting was also very good except for the tips - they needed some stretch to fit.

now to the most important part - how does it sound?
i didn't know which route to go until the final fitting of the exhaust.
200cell? decat? hmmm...
my biggest fear was the exhaust being to loud and not neighbor friendly or
being an eye/ear-catcher for the local police.
getting caught without a cat will result in losing my plates instantly.
however as i told the mechanic that i want to install the cats he told me that he would
stop working right away as he was very excited to hear the car running without cats
so i changed my mind the last second and went with the decat pipes.
all i can say is - that was the right decission.

as i first started the car we were like... "what? that's it?!?"
on idle the car is not louder than my stock exhaust (no joke)
even on cold start the car is absolutly neighborhood friendly.
you can ride the car without attracting any attention (which was very important for me)
but as soon as you go WOT.....oh boy you can't get the grin out of your face.
it totaly transformed the outside sound characteristic of the car as it now sounds more like a NA V10 car as a turbo.
from inside i can now hear the vtg's spool up , absolutly no drone at any rpm range imo.

the difference in power is also very noticeable across the hole rpm range - spool up starts waaay earlier than before.

overall i recommend this exhaust with a clear conscience!
if anyone's on the fence for a new exhaust - go for Kline.

best regards from Austria,
Luke

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2eoy35l.jpg
Views:	2035
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	360252  

Last edited by fireballr32; 04-15-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool congrats I know what that smile feels like!

Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 PM
BigRedLin is on a distinguished road
Awesome review! and Congrats! I'm debating right now about which to get, Europipe or Kline. Did you get Gen1 or the Gen2 of the exhaust? is your car a tip?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:37 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigRedLin
Awesome review! and Congrats! I'm debating right now about which to get, Europipe or Kline. Did you get Gen1 or the Gen2 of the exhaust? is your car a tip?
The EP exhaust is very popular amongst the 997tt community, and the sound clips that I've heard are very impressive. I happen to have the Kline system with 200 cel cats. The sound of the Kline is more subdued and neighbor friendly than other systems, but does sound very nice at WOT. I will soon buy the de-cat pipes to compare performance and sound. Easy interchangeability of cats and de-cat pipes on the Kline is a plus.
You will find proponents of many exhaust systems on this forum, but I'm pretty sure that you will be pleased with either the EP or the Kline.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fireballr32
Hey Guys,
received my Kline system (incl decat pipe and 200cell cats) last friday, installed it the same day and all i can say is WOW!

everything came very well packed and the first thing i noticed when i picked up
the package was ....this box is as huge as it is light!

Luke
You are right about the weight. The difference is huge compared to stock unit.

I received my system two weeks ago and the tone will become a bit deeper at idle and lower rpms after a few heat cycles and miles. But IMHO, the sound is even better now.

See my review here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...em-review.html

Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Love my Kline also, sounds incredible and I couldn't be happier. My buddy and I are going to work on putting together some high def video with sound clips this weekend. Once done, I will make a post about it.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
So going with the decat pipes. You are okay with losing your plates?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
That X looks like a beautiful merge.

Nice exhaust.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:00 AM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
Mines being shipped tomorrow!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 PM
shahhm will become famous soon enoughshahhm will become famous soon enough
sounds great...thanks for the review!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 PM
BigRedLin is on a distinguished road
So i just ordered the Kline catless system!

Fireballr32,

How much did the install cost/how many hours did it take?

Have you had any issues with the catless system been too loud?

Does anyone know the consequences for getting caught with a catless system in ca?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BigRedLin
So i just ordered the Kline catless system!

Fireballr32,

How much did the install cost/how many hours did it take?

Have you had any issues with the catless system been too loud?

Does anyone know the consequences for getting caught with a catless system in ca?
The installation on mine was made without rear bumper removal or any other parts non-related with the exhaust system. It is a 1h job with the right tools.

Kline catless is not too loud. The only worry you may have is the smog tests. I've heard alot louder exhausts with cats on...

Old 08-13-2014, 02:45 PM
kayhan will become famous soon enough
soundvideoo please

Old 08-13-2014, 07:03 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
Mines getting installed tomorrow!

Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Redwine, have you heard Todds 996? I just found out it has a maxflow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline exhaust review