997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To f...ing low!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:05 AM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M_coupe1999
^ I do it for looks! Whats funny?

So could someone recommend a seller with the Eibach's Euro spec version springs? Getting 20" wheels and I don't want to lower too much, specially at front.
Here you go:

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/-/...Rear_15mm.html

Old 04-29-2014, 11:42 AM
M_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really nice
Oh wait! 15mm on rear?! I was thinking i would like less of a drop upfront, so it wont scrap.

I thought it was 15 front and 20 rears

Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
I decided to order the Bilstein PSS 10 suspension. I will just deal with it being a little lower. I will just have to back down a curved driveway rather than going forward. I will not scrape then. I plan on lowering about 3/4"

Old 04-29-2014, 02:59 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !

So could someone recommend a seller with the Eibach's Euro spec version springs? Getting 20" wheels and I don't want to lower too much, specially at front.
Only fvd carries them.
C

Old 04-29-2014, 03:14 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road

GMG works with Eibach and recently released a new spring and bar set for our cars.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:53 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Oh wait! 15mm on rear?! I was thinking i would like less of a drop upfront, so it wont scrap.

I thought it was 15 front and 20 rears
Sorry, man. May not be what you need. I see you have a 7.2 also, which may or may not be an issue as the springs at FVD are specified for 7.1.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:15 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bgrpph
on my previous 02 996C2 i had porsche X-74 suspension- IMHO it was a perfect height- looked great & didn't hit- rode firmer but perfect- My current 07 997TT is much lower in front with stock suspension due to front lip than the 996 with X-74-
Since it's street only car decided to get the TPC racing DSC module to replace the PASM, rather than coil overs or springs- It rides so much better in all 3 modes with the DSC unit- money well spent- though it didn't change ride height at all- i live with the fender gap.

As mentioned part of the motivation on this mod regards the tire to fender gap. I haven't done springs for the reasons mentioned but I have a question. I've read somewhere that you can slightly upsize the 19 in. tires to a larger cross section. Does anyone know the upgraded sizes and whether it addresses the tire to body visual at all. This is of interest to me as well as I have CL's so I can't use spacers which helps on this issue.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:01 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 550bryan
As mentioned part of the motivation on this mod regards the tire to fender gap. I haven't done springs for the reasons mentioned but I have a question. I've read somewhere that you can slightly upsize the 19 in. tires to a larger cross section. Does anyone know the upgraded sizes and whether it addresses the tire to body visual at all. This is of interest to me as well as I have CL's so I can't use spacers which helps on this issue.

Upping your wheel size will not eliminate the gap. Your best bet is to get Coilovers and set the ride height that suits your needs. With proper alignment and corner weighting, the car handles much much better too.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:57 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Upping your wheel size will not eliminate the gap. Your best bet is to get Coilovers and set the ride height that suits your needs. With proper alignment and corner weighting, the car handles much much better too.
GotBoost?
You said a larger tire cross section won't make a difference in tire to fender visual. If I were to go from a 305 to a 325 cross section on the rears the tires side wall height and tire width would increase by about 6.5%. If I changed the fronts from 235 to 245 the tires width and height would increase by about 4.5%. The overall circumference on each would increase 1.8/1.1% respectively which should be in the acceptable variation range on most cars. It seems this would fill up the wheel opening visually while making the tires look a little "bulgier". Has anyone done this and I'm curious how it worked out. Michelin makes the PSS, Ps2 and cup tires in the larger size.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:11 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
GotBoost?
You said a larger tire cross section won't make a difference in tire to fender visual. If I were to go from a 305 to a 325 cross section on the rears the tires side wall height and tire width would increase by about 6.5%. If I changed the fronts from 235 to 245 the tires width and height would increase by about 4.5%. The overall circumference on each would increase 1.8/1.1% respectively which should be in the acceptable variation range on most cars. It seems this would fill up the wheel opening visually while making the tires look a little "bulgier". Has anyone done this and I'm curious how it worked out. Michelin makes the PSS, Ps2 and cup tires in the larger size.

Bryan, I have not done the math or check myself but are you sure that going from 305 to 325 increases height by the same percentage as width? Do these 2 tires have same aspect ratio?

There is a tire calculator that gives you exact diameter of specific tire when you enter the 2 tire size parameters, width and aspect ratio. Have you tried that yet? I am curious myself what the increase in diameter is.

Gotboost: hey man, long time no see! I am jealous of your new ride.

Last edited by cannga; 11-01-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Bryan, I have not done the math or check myself but are you sure that going from 305 to 325 increases height by the same percentage as width? Do these 2 tires have same aspect ratio?

There is a tire calculator that gives you exact diameter of specific tire when you enter the 2 tire size parameters, width and aspect ratio. Have you tried that yet? I am curious myself what the increase in diameter is.

Here are two links to the comparisons front and rear;

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/

Last edited by 550bryan; 11-01-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Cannga, I give, the link keeps only showing the last tire compared. In both cases I've kept the aspect ration the same, fronts from 235/35-19 to 245/35-19. Rears from 305/30/-19 to 325/30-19. You can enter the data to the calculator to see the results, it even has a visual comparison as well. As my car has CL's I can't use spacers to help with the visual of tire to fender clearance.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:55 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga

Long time my friend. Been out of the scene for a while. Hope all is well with you....

Old 11-02-2014, 10:20 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Long time my friend. Been out of the scene for a while. Hope all is well with you....

All is well. Guess same for you judging by your 991 GT3 acquisition?
I did pick up a V8 PDK M3 to squelch my thirst for an NA engine, so I really don't hate you that much for your wonderful GT3 LOL.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Cannga, I give, the link keeps only showing the last tire compared. In both cases I've kept the aspect ration the same, fronts from 235/35-19 to 245/35-19. Rears from 305/30/-19 to 325/30-19. You can enter the data to the calculator to see the results, it even has a visual comparison as well. As my car has CL's I can't use spacers to help with the visual of tire to fender clearance.

Bryan I entered numbers for the rear tire and the increase in size wall, if I am not mistaken, is 0.24 inch. This is not going to reduce the gap that much.

Because of where you live (lots of curvy mountain roads), it might be a good idea to pick up some coilover or lowering springs to do the job of reducing this gap. You will get much improved handling as a bonus.