997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo COBB Tune (dyno numbers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
I sent you a response! Let me know if I can do anything else for you, or if you have any questions at all!

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 07-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Looking for time to do a good retune with 100oct and IC's... Let you know Mitch

Old 07-29-2014, 11:56 AM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
-Mitch

I have a 2011 TT with PDK... how does the added power affect the PDK? Last thing I want to do is have issues with my transmission.

Also I live in Houston, is there a local tuner who can custom tune mine? It's totally stock right now but I plan to do tune and exhaust.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NickS
-Mitch

I have a 2011 TT with PDK... how does the added power affect the PDK? Last thing I want to do is have issues with my transmission.

Also I live in Houston, is there a local tuner who can custom tune mine? It's totally stock right now but I plan to do tune and exhaust.
Hey Nick,

The PDK trans is pretty robust, the added power shouldn't have any negative effect on the transmission.

If you are in Houston there are a few people not too far from you that can get the car tuned for you.

Feel free to drop me an email I would be happy to help you with anything you may need!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
PDK can handle Tune and Exhaust easily...

Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 PM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks.

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hey Nick,

The PDK trans is pretty robust, the added power shouldn't have any negative effect on the transmission.

If you are in Houston there are a few people not too far from you that can get the car tuned for you.

Feel free to drop me an email I would be happy to help you with anything you may need!

-Mitch

Old 07-29-2014, 04:20 PM
kayhan will become famous soon enough
did you record 100-200 kph times?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:44 AM
ssiPorscheGuy is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, sorry to jack this thread but is anyone else getting gauge readings that are way off? My car deff feels faster with the Cobb tune but I'm finding that the gauges as well as the performance readings are a little gimmicky... Is this just me or is this a common theme among other Porsche Cobb Accessport owners?

Old 09-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Which readings are off? We base times off of vehicle speed so if there is tire spin it can throw the times off.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:22 PM
ssiPorscheGuy is on a distinguished road
Hey Mitch, thanks for responding so fast... I already sent a few datalogs to Drew... everything is pretty far off to be honest. Boost doesn't show vacuum and also says i'm boosting at 33 psi.... intake temps are always over 100 degrees... oil pressure reads in the 30's.... However, let me say that the car feels great. Performance gains were deff worth the money.. im deff not trashing on COBB... considering that neither FVD, EVOMS, Vivid or any other company I know of even offers these features I guess I can deal with it being not so accurate... My 0-60 times were 6.6 secs without using launch control... yeah maybe in reverse cause it felt like it had to be under 3 secs, must have been the wheelspin that messed it up... Oh and my COBB AP dyno said my numbers were 524.20 whp and 586.21 wheel torque this was at sea level with the a/c on with the stage2 93 map... these numbers feel pretty accurate actually

Old 09-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ssiPorscheGuy
Hey Mitch, thanks for responding so fast... I already sent a few datalogs to Drew... everything is pretty far off to be honest. Boost doesn't show vacuum and also says i'm boosting at 33 psi.... intake temps are always over 100 degrees... oil pressure reads in the 30's.... However, let me say that the car feels great. Performance gains were deff worth the money.. im deff not trashing on COBB... considering that neither FVD, EVOMS, Vivid or any other company I know of even offers these features I guess I can deal with it being not so accurate... My 0-60 times were 6.6 secs without using launch control... yeah maybe in reverse cause it felt like it had to be under 3 secs, must have been the wheelspin that messed it up... Oh and my COBB AP dyno said my numbers were 524.20 whp and 586.21 wheel torque this was at sea level with the a/c on with the stage2 93 map... these numbers feel pretty accurate actually
Ohh I see the confusion. The 30 psi is an absolute number. So you would subtract 14.7 or what ever your baro pressure is to get to a psi gauge reading. Shoot me a log happy to chat more!

Mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

Thanks!
Mitch