997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

COBB With IC's the Journey Begin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Wheel997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Here you go. And this one is even a cabriolet. I'll try to get other customers to send me theirs as well.

http://youtu.be/_Mfkas0A7S0
This is a stock turbo car??

Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Mario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really nice
That is also true!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Oh yeah but that car have upgrade turbos, right? This was on pump gas?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Oh yeah but that car have upgrade turbos, right? This was on pump gas?
In that video the car was still on stock turbos. But I'm not sure what type of gas. I can post the video of our car that ran 9.8 on stock turbos but honestly I don't want to get into a GIAC vs Cobb battle and hijack your thread.

I'm excited to see what your car will do! Like Mitch said...this sort of friendly competition is good...it keeps us motivated to continue pushing the envelope and bring out the best products we all can offer.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Yeah that's the spirit

Soon I will try again and hopefully it will put better numbers

Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned
But 134 is a good trap... the car run w/o the exhaust? its sound load.

the 60ft was insane (1.5) what tires do they use?

oh I don't think you begin any war between GIAC and COBB, both know more than that

Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
But 134 is a good trap... the car run w/o the exhaust? its sound load.

the 60ft was insane (1.5) what tires do they use?

oh I don't think you begin any war between GIAC and COBB, both know more than that
Catless exhaust is why it was so loud.
Tires - He was running Toyo r888s, same as me

Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned
Cool, R888 are good choice for "street/track" tire, I use it in my GTR A10 for a few month, change them because they where too loud for my taste,

Did you went to the track also? what 60 did you get and what mods (if any)

Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Cool, R888 are good choice for "street/track" tire, I use it in my GTR A10 for a few month, change them because they where too loud for my taste,

Did you went to the track also? what 60 did you get and what mods (if any)
A few months ago I went to the track, ran consistent 1.49-1.55 60' with the noisy r888s ( not my daily so don't care). Champion ic, y pipe, plenum, 200 cel exhaust, tune - ran consistent 10.4s @129-130 with ms109 fuel on 93 octane tune. At track the 60-130 during my runs were 7.8 - 8.4 but on the way there I pulled a 6.8.

I made a couple changes so I'll be going to the track this coming Weds and expect some more positive results

Old 08-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned
Great
The 6.8 was during the track run or on the street? why do you think is a difference on the 60-130? its a .2, right?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Great
The 6.8 was during the track run or on the street? why do you think is a difference on the 60-130? its a .2, right?
On the street, flooring it from 50
Mph.
Difference was from technique, and temperature.
997.2 tts

Old 08-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Banned
Oh I knew there was a "trick" to get better 60-130 times hehehe

Giac tune?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Oh I knew there was a "trick" to get better 60-130 times hehehe

Giac tune?
Correct

Old 08-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned
ok, thanks for the tip... my best 60-130 was 7.5 on the same run that make 10.8 on the track. I will try that to see if I can get to the 6s on 93oct tune

Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Nice runs by the GIAC car but it clearly stated it was on race gas in the yootoob video

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: COBB With IC's the Journey Begin